Steve Cooper - LCFC manager

We really need to get behind this guy and the team this season. The vitriol seen towards him after just a few matches for a newly promoted side is beyond baffling. He’s already being called a **** by some.

For sure it’s going to be a tough season, but I’ve seen enough to be confident we’re going to stay up. After quite a tumultuous summer we’re getting better and better each match.

I know a good manager when I see one and I know a chancer when I see one. I think he’s a top, top manager and I genuinely think we’re lucky to have him. If I end up being wrong I’ll hold my hands up.

Some ****tards didn’t get behind the manager for the whole of last season, despite him winning the league FFS - so a little ironic, this….

Maybe we’ll get behind this one when he’s actually won a game

Everton up next, so shouldn’t have to wait too long

Some ****tards didn’t get behind the manager for the whole of last season, despite him winning the league FFS - so a little ironic, this….

Just let them go 2-0 up and they crumble.

I was expecting a post like this.

For me, two main differences. We were hardly going to be up against it last season playing with an international back 4 against Rotherham.

And as I said, I know a chancer when I see one…

I was expecting a post like this.

For me, two main differences. We were hardly going to be up against it last season playing with an international back 4 against Rotherham.

And as I said, I know a chancer when I see one…
1. You don't understand the word chancer.
2. We weren't up against it because of the way we were managed.

Let's see how it goes over the next 2 or 3 games. If we lose to Everton making exactly the same mistakes then it'll be you, BN and Cooper's mum who are the only three still suggesting he's the right man for the job.

1. You don't understand the word chancer.
2. We weren't up against it because of the way we were managed.

Let's see how it goes over the next 2 or 3 games. If we lose to Everton making exactly the same mistakes then it'll be you, BN and Cooper's mum who are the only three still suggesting he's the right man for the job.
So if we lose to Everton should we fire him?

So if we lose to Everton should we fire him?
That's not what I said.

I think if we lose to Everton making the same mistakes, we should be absolutely questioning whether he is the right man for the job.There will be many who will decide at that point, that he isn't unless he changes his approach to games. The question then to consider would be whether or not he is capable of changing his approach; he'd need a little more time to show this.

What I don't want, is to be having this same discussion in 20 games time.

Both Palace goals were avoidable, but to put complete blame at the manager is wrong.

Such animosity is totally unnecessary after 4 games.

We are still finding our feet .
Normally people say judge after 10 games, I’m not convinced that some have SC 10 minutes.

Taking us to 10 games, we have some very telling games .
Let’s see where we are then .

Both Palace goals were avoidable, but to put complete blame at the manager is wrong.

Such animosity is totally unnecessary after 4 games.

We are still finding our feet .
Normally people say judge after 10 games, I’m not convinced that some have SC 10 minutes.

Taking us to 10 games, we have some very telling games .
Let’s see where we are then .
I don't think criticism of him is animosity. Almost every poster, including myself, has given him credit where it is due. Today, he got it spectacularly wrong after Palace scored their first. That's just the way it is.

Calling for him to be dismissed this early would be utter madness but we also can't plod along and hope Everton, Southampton, Palace and Ipswich keep being shit. He needs time to experiment, we all accept this but, as an example, it was clear after our first game (first two if you want to be really kind) that we needed Mavididi in the team. It took until being two down against Villa in our third game for him to see this. We were much better today with him in the side. That's just one example of slow learning but there are others including our lack of creative players on the pitch. There are good things as well which have been highlighted but we don't have the luxury of learning slowly.

Like I say, another loss against Everton (who will more than likely have a new manager by that point) and there will be bigger questions for him to answer. He has to try and win that game and for 90 minutes.

There’s constructive criticism and then there’s vitriol .
The bloke has been in charge for 4 league games .

This season is not about living on our yesterdays but re establishing ourselves in the Premier league.
The sooner some of our so called supporters realise that, the better.
You don't know what the word vitriol means.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46
11Bournemouth45