Steve Cotterill

Status
Not open for further replies.
ScarboroughFox said:
i could see Cotterill fitting in well at leicester, however i dont think he would come!

Well he already knows the board, and he's been here before and liked it - anythings Possible

Last edited:
He was here before, when he hadnt got a job and we gave him one to get him back into footie..... :icon_roll

ScarboroughFox said:
but because he was here before, he might not want to come back!!

IMO the Leicester job isnt a great one to get id rather have him than Reid!

I beg to differ, I think this job has the potential to be one of the best in football. We have the squad here, everyone knows that, we have the facilities, we all know that, we have a very loyal fan base we know that too.

There are all the ingredients for a promotion push next season, and if Joe Bloggs comes in and were up near the top next season, with virtually the same team that was in the relegation zone a few months ago, Joe Bloggs suddenly looks like a brilliant manager and therefore will be the first in line for job offers from the premiership. Thus improving their career - see what I mean Scarbo?

Fox Fan said:
I beg to differ, I think this job has the potential to be one of the best in football. We have the squad here, everyone knows that, we have the facilities, we all know that, we have a very loyal fan base we know that too.

There are all the ingredients for a promotion push next season, and if Joe Bloggs comes in and were up near the top next season, with virtually the same team that was in the relegation zone a few months ago, Joe Bloggs suddenly looks like a brilliant manager and therefore will be the first in line for job offers from the premiership. Thus improving their career - see what I mean Scarbo?

Yeah i see what mean and totally agree, however look on the other side of things we have no money, i squad with no confidence, lots of supporters and fans have lost faith not only in the team but the club. We are struggling in a relegation battle and we may go down and if that happens we will have to get rid of the top earners.

He has been told that he will get more than £1m of the Akinbyi transfer fee to appease him, so not sure he will leave Burnley.

He would be a resonable choice though.

it has to be Steve Cotteril or Dave Penney...

PLEASE GOD DON'T LET IT BE PETER REID OR JOHN GREGORY...

Mike Newell would be o.k. i guess and Ian Holloway would be interesting...

AGAIN, PLEASE GOD DON'T LET IT BE GARY McCALLISTER EITHER..

Gotta be Cotteril. We should do all we can to get him. I know Burnley are a lot better off than us, this season but the long-term potential at Leicester is much much bigger without any doubt. He would be the perfect choice in every way...

Neil Lennon's agent's having a laugh isn't he?

londonfox said:
it has to be Steve Cotteril or Dave Penney...

PLEASE GOD DON'T LET IT BE PETER REID OR JOHN GREGORY...

Mike Newell would be o.k. i guess and Ian Holloway would be interesting...

AGAIN, PLEASE GOD DON'T LET IT BE GARY McCALLISTER EITHER..

Gotta be Cotteril. We should do all we can to get him. I know Burnley are a lot better off than us, this season but the long-term potential at Leicester is much much bigger without any doubt. He would be the perfect choice in every way...

Neil Lennon's agent's having a laugh isn't he?

I agree with all this, how could you risk out Championship status by putting Lennon in charge? The same applies to Gary Mac! And will people stop suggesting Dion for manager - the guy has shown no passion, all he's done is say he was born in Leicester. If anything Stearman is a better canidiate because he was born local and supported Leicester as a kid:icon_roll:icon_roll

All I want is to reamin in the Championship and right now the best person who could do that is Cottril IMO.

I think the problem with Cotterill is that his tactics are quite negative. I wouldn't mind watching some negative football until the end of the season if it kept us up, but not long term, and Cotterill wouldn't come just until the end of the season.

What I'd like to see is the same as we did when t*yl*r left and Bassett and Adams came in (in terms of the idea, not the personnel). An older experienced manager to take control in the short term, with a younger up and coming manager as his assistant, to take over for the long term.

As much as I would love to see Lennon back at Filbo again, it would need to be in some capacity as assistant to a more experienced manager, with a view to him taking over when, or if, appropriate.

The memory of Frank McLintock is unfortunately still too strong to comfortably envisage rushing through a popular former player becoming manager of LCFC as his first, and probably last, appointment....

webmaster said:
I think the problem with Cotterill is that his tactics are quite negative. I wouldn't mind watching some negative football until the end of the season if it kept us up, but not long term, and Cotterill wouldn't come just until the end of the season.

What I'd like to see is the same as we did when t*yl*r left and Bassett and Adams came in (in terms of the idea, not the personnel). An older experienced manager to take control in the short term, with a younger up and coming manager as his assistant, to take over for the long term.

But perhaps his tactics are suited to the playing resources available, sign of a good a manager, getting the best out of the squad available and Cotterill has certainly done that. I certainly wouldnt be disappointed to see Cotterill appointed.

Mike Hunt Smells said:
Unhappy after the sale of Akinbiyi.

We are just as bad though - think one David Connolly.

webmaster said:

And who would they be Jeff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670