Steve Cotterill's Blue and white army

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Ade thinks Cotterill is a top manager going from what he says
Akinbiyi: Decision was hard

Departing Claret Ade Akinbiyi has revealed Burnley manager Steve Cotterill was almost in tears at having to sell him to Sheffield United.

Cotterill helped Akinbiyi get his career back on track as the player became a hero at Turf Moor, but the Blades' offer of £1.75million was too good to turn down - leaving Cotterill in an emotional state.

Akinbiyi revealed: "I spoke to Steve (Cotterill) and Dave Kevan quite a few times before I made my mind up and in the end it was one of the hardest decisions I've had to make in football.

"I know Steve was almost in tears at one stage as we talked and I've never seen a manager before so devastated to see me leave.

"That's the kind of honest guy he is - he is an out-and-out winner and he's helped me so much by pushing me further than anyone ever has," Akinbiyi told the Lancashire Evening Telegraph.

Motown Fox said:
Even Ade thinks Cotterill is a top manager going from what he says
Akinbiyi: Decision was hard

Departing Claret Ade Akinbiyi has revealed Burnley manager Steve Cotterill was almost in tears at having to sell him to Sheffield United.

Cotterill helped Akinbiyi get his career back on track as the player became a hero at Turf Moor, but the Blades' offer of £1.75million was too good to turn down - leaving Cotterill in an emotional state.

Akinbiyi revealed: "I spoke to Steve (Cotterill) and Dave Kevan quite a few times before I made my mind up and in the end it was one of the hardest decisions I've had to make in football.

"I know Steve was almost in tears at one stage as we talked and I've never seen a manager before so devastated to see me leave.

"That's the kind of honest guy he is - he is an out-and-out winner and he's helped me so much by pushing me further than anyone ever has," Akinbiyi told the Lancashire Evening Telegraph.

Just what we need a passionate manager, who gets the best out of his resources, and a winner, lets hope Timmy can get his man !

Well it's 3.06pm, whats occured?

If Steve Cotterill does walk out I hope he waits until after Tuesday as Burnley have got Brighton and we could do with them beating the Seagulls while we try and get Something at QPR (1 POINT is best we can hope for)

Motown Fox said:
If Steve Cotterill does walk out I hope he waits until after Tuesday as Burnley have got Brighton and we could do with them beating the Seagulls while we try and get Something at QPR (1 POINT is best we can hope for)

No, the best we can hope for is 3 points and an infinite amount of goals for, and none against.

Last edited:
PFKAKTF FOX said:
Posted on Foxestalk :

This has just been posted on TFF.

Some intresting news...

Word is that Leicester have been refused permission to talk to Steve , but here's the big thing , Steve wants to leave. There's a board meeting later on today to discuss the situation and rumour has it that the Burnley board will have to let Leicester speak to Cotteril beacuase he simply does'nt want to stay at Turf Moor.

Board Meeting scheduled for 3pm today , I'll try and keep you informed.

This is the same poster that said we had made an approach for Cotterill on saturday night.

http://www.totalfootballforums.com/forums/...897&#entry66897

Looks like the situation could be moving pretty rapidly, IMO Cotterill will be our man in the next 24 - 48 hours.

So was this complete and utter bollocks then?

CARLBFC on another forum said:
Steve Cotteril will talk to Leicester later on today about the possible move to the Walkers. The Burnley board have gave in and they simply cannot keep Cotteril against his wishes.

I am simply gutted.

I think this guy is an imposter.

Joe_Fox said:
I think this guy is an imposter.

Course he's not - he's been their manager for ages now. If he was an imposter they would have sussed him out by now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670