Steve Howard & Matt Fryatt were superb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wombat

Steve Howard played the best game I've seen him play for Leicester last night
He did everything you want from a centre forward - putting himself about, winning balls, holding the ball up, shooting & heading for goal
A good honest performance with a skill & mobility level that I thought was beyond him... top marks to Howard

Fryatt was superb, and looked dangerous throughout - class forward, particularly impressive after such a long lay-off

When we went 3-2 up on aggregate, we needed to close up the shop for the last 30 mins to advance.

Unfortunately, one defensive error gave away the penalty... as soon as the ball was played forward, that was the time to take no chances and boot it away (I was screaming at the TV to hooooof, unfortunately Bruce let it run for the keeper who was too far away & Chopra nipped in to get clipped & win the penalty.

Great fighting performance from the whole team last night to swing the tie back in our favour...unfortunately after the monumental effort & commitment, we got f****d over by two bad decisions by Bruce & Yann

We can be proud of the team..... the "Foxes never Quit" spirit is still alive.

That is all true ... but please no blame on Bruce or any of the defence - they were having to do a near-impossible job as we were conceding midfield space all game in throwing the kitchen sink at Cardiff to pull the tie back .... so near.

Howard was simply fantastic last night and played the perfect target man role. Can we get another season out of him?

Not sure I quite agree with Fryatt; he played well and was definitely a threat, but was clearly a bit short of match-fitness and seemed to be offside too often (I'm sure that he was offside for the o.g. but haven't seen any replays of this).

Howard was simply fantastic last night and played the perfect target man role. Can we get another season out of him?

Not sure I quite agree with Fryatt; he played well and was definitely a threat, but was clearly a bit short of match-fitness and seemed to be offside too often (I'm sure that he was offside for the o.g. but haven't seen any replays of this).

Can we get another season out of Howard asks FryattFox... of course we can. He was a big part of our succesful 09/10 campaign IMO and we'll need him to lead the line again next year as we try to get out of this division.

Ironically, as I was watching his powerhouse performance during the game yesterday, I was thinking that most Leicester fans would be quick to say "get rid" for the Premiership if we got through the play-offs, as an old-fashioned No. 9 has no place in the modern Premiership :018:

I disagree, considering he hadn't played for 3 months, I thought he was exceptional. Obviously, not up to his best, but he gave it his all. I remember at one point him sprinting the width of the field to close down some meaningless defensive passing.

I don't recall him being offside at all, Waghorn was a few times, but I don't remember Fryatt being.

I disagree, considering he hadn't played for 3 months, I thought he was exceptional. Obviously, not up to his best, but he gave it his all. I remember at one point him sprinting the width of the field to close down some meaningless defensive passing.

I don't recall him being offside at all, Waghorn was a few times, but I don't remember Fryatt being.

Surely if you're saying he was superb given he'd be out for 3 months, we're agreeing. :102:

I just thought that you could definitely still tell that he hasn't played consistently recently, and he wasn't quite up to the very high standards he set earlier in the season when he still looked like our only scoring option.

Good post.

These two were absolutely brilliant last night, I think Steve especially. His passion in extra time was fantastic to see and it really gave me a lift when it was so nervy at that time in the game. Fryatt took his goal well and caused so many problems up top. I think that if we would have had these two up top in the first leg then it would have been a very different scoreline. I apologise to Fryatt for slating him after the first leg.

Good post.

These two were absolutely brilliant last night, I think Steve especially. His passion in extra time was fantastic to see and it really gave me a lift when it was so nervy at that time in the game. Fryatt took his goal well and caused so many problems up top. I think that if we would have had these two up top in the first leg then it would have been a very different scoreline. I apologise to Fryatt for slating him after the first leg.
Who's hacked into Harbs account?

Stevie was unbelievable. Even The Times called him "unplayable". He obviously picks himself up for the big games, just wish he could do it more often. Kermit the unworthy took over his role quite successfully when he came on as well I thought.

Not sure fryatt was that good. Took his goal well with the outside of the boot.

Last night was Howard's best game in a City shirt by far. I'm sure he can still be an important player for us next season.

Last night was Howard's best game in a City shirt by far. I'm sure he can still be an important player for us next season.

West Brom away a couple of years back was pretty good too.

I think cos we are in this league next season then Howard will be able to contribute, if we had got promoted I don't know whether he would've been good enough.

He was immense Weds night. And the way he went over to Hobbs at the arms and put his arms around him was lovely. sad but lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46