Steve Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Steve Howard - going out on loan ?

One of my (ex-) colleagues at the (Luton) Herald & Post has just contacted me, to say that he's heard Steve Howard is about to go out on season long loan, with a view to a permanent transfer in the summer (he still keeps in touch with Steve from his Luton days). Apparently Pearson is weighing up 3 offers to take Steve, from League 1 clubs - "2 in the south" and "1 in the north" - "all involved in the race for play-offs / promotion" (Howard wouldn't be drawn on actual names !). Pearson would prefer a deal with one of the southern clubs, who are keen for a permanant sale in the summer, Howard wants to go back up north - hence the delay. My colleague and I have been speculating - perhaps Colchester, Charlton or Millwall in the 'south' and Huddersfield in the 'north'; but we doubt that Norwich or Leeds would be interested ?!

Sounds possible. Haven't there been lots of reports about his house going up for sale. And I guess that Vaughan coming might mean someone, probably a striker, is going to have to be shipped out. I think Person said that anyone coming in, is dependent on players going.

One of my (ex-) colleagues at the (Luton) Herald & Post has just contacted me, to say that he's heard Steve Howard is about to go out on season long loan, with a view to a permanent transfer in the summer (he still keeps in touch with Steve from his Luton days). Apparently Pearson is weighing up 3 offers to take Steve, from League 1 clubs - "2 in the south" and "1 in the north" - "all involved in the race for play-offs / promotion" (Howard wouldn't be drawn on actual names !). Pearson would prefer a deal with one of the southern clubs, who are keen for a permanant sale in the summer, Howard wants to go back up north - hence the delay. My colleague and I have been speculating - perhaps Colchester, Charlton or Millwall in the 'south' and Huddersfield in the 'north'; but we doubt that Norwich or Leeds would be interested ?!

Here's some quotes from his previous posts.

IF Fryatt goes, Leicester will look again at McLeod
Charlton have 'pulled out' of the (£1.5m) deal for McLeod - leaving Winkelman having to decide if he accepts Leicester's last offer (£1.1m).

Where are both of these players now?

and, in any case, we're in talks now with another very experienced striker who's likely to come in on a 'free'". When pressed on the 'experienced striker', he said "well, he used to play for Man United" ! [Cole or Yorke ?!]

I can't remember an ex-Man United striker playing for us since Allen's appointment.

He told me that Grayson said his 'goodbyes' to the team yesterday before they got on the coach to go to Barnsley - and told them HE IS ON HIS WAY TO CITY.
And Grayson's at Leeds now.

So at this ratio I reckon Howard will score the winner in the play-off final and be starting in the Premiership for us on opening day.

So at this ratio I reckon Howard will score the winner in the play-off final and be starting in the Premiership for us on opening day.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

One of my (ex-) colleagues at the (Luton) Herald & Post

did you get the sack for putting loads of idle speculation in the paper?

;)

I can't remember an ex-Man United striker playing for us since Allen's appointment.

:038::038::038: Well done Haz, you have just outfoxed Outfox the fox,....:038::038::icon_bigg

Has Hazzman seen the article in the Huddersfield evening paper about them wanting to sign Howard on loan ?! My sources are as good as theirs.

All I can say, is watch this space. If it does happen, I'm not expecting an apology from Hazz !

did you get the sack for putting loads of idle speculation in the paper?

;)

No I didn't, but being a 'journo' in Luton is not earth shattering - I'm now Sports Editor for a weekly paper (?!) in Warwickshire - I know, that isn't moving up much in the 'pecking order' !! But, as I said to Hazz, I'm looking forward to being proved right on this !

Has Hazzman seen the article in the Huddersfield evening paper about them wanting to sign Howard on loan ?! My sources are as good as theirs.

All I can say, is watch this space. If it does happen, I'm not expecting an apology from Hazz !

In case Haz (or anyone else) wants to start 'picking faults' in my post, I thought I'd better clarify that it was the Huddersfield Daily Examiner which carried the story and they referred to sources at the club. Reports from City this morning are denying a loan to Town, but my mate (who spoke to Howard again at the weekend) says the move is ON.

Last edited:

In case anyone else wants to start 'picking faults' in my post

Oh ok :)

Why the spurious quote marks all the time?

From an "editor" no less

Well Done OTO. Interestingly you have appeared now..that there could be some substance to your rumour.

Even if you are correct, it was hardly difficult was it ? As you covered every base. You mentioned one club in the north, two in the south in League One....well you couldn't be any more inspecific.

Bit like.....someone saying last week that we were going to sign a striker from a Premiership club in the North West.

Last edited:
Well Done OTO. Interestingly you have appeared now..that there could be some substance to your rumour.

Even if you are correct, it was hardly difficult was it ? As you covered every base. You mentioned one club in the north, two in the south in League One....well you couldn't be any more inspecific.

Bit like.....someone saying last week that we were going to sign a striker from a Premiership club in the North West.

Thanks Hazz - I think that was some sort of an admission that I MIGHT have been right after all ! As I said, I didn't expect an actual apology.

You say that I was "inspecific". Well, I can only report what I was told - my colleague at the Herald DID speak to Howard, but Howard wouldn't / didn't want to name names and actually list the clubs that were speaking to him and City management. I think it was pretty accurate though - we said, "one northern club in the League 1 promotion / play offs race" (and we excluded Leeds - who are awash with strikers and I'm sure wouldn't want another !) - and named Huddersfield.

I agree, we still have to see if Howard DOES go, but at least the information I got (on Friday 12th - 3 days before the story broke in the Examiner), I hope does persuade people that I don't entirely live in 'fantasyland' (like Football Rumours !).

I agree, we still have to see if Howard DOES go, but at least the information I got (on Friday 12th - 3 days before the story broke in the Examiner), I hope does persuade people that I don't entirely live in 'fantasyland' (like Football Rumours !).

Did you know Conrad Logan had a trial at Juventus last year? Definitely a fact, definitely not made up by, erm, someone on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669