Speculation Steve Walsh (sr) to return?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am fairly confident he's scored against West Ham for us before? A header I think?
Probably the best cross I’ve ever seen live by Albrighton.

He'd be welcome back and imo needed.

Top signings apart from a few. What I will say, is that perhaps Slimani, Musa might have settled in differently if he was still with us.

Also, he's had a little bit of a break and I'm sure would love to come back to us, probably stronger and better from the break.

He’s an Evertonian who wanted to work for his boyhood club. If he’s got family up there, he salary he’d be one and the compensation he’d have received will pay for a lot of first class train tickets

[
DsRoOIAXQAEYEkZ.jpg
[/QUOTE]

At one point Young Mr Walsh was coached by Old Mr Walsh, That must have been confusing.

I don't recall him ever saying he went there to be closer to his family.
He fecked off to get a bigger, better paid job, that just happened to be in the same area where he's from.

Did he leave before Fenwicks closed or after? Coming out of Belvoir Drive Mr Walsh would have caught the 84 or 85 bus. This would have dropped him just outside Fenwicks which was really convenient. .

I once saw Mr Walsh in the city centre. He was tagging dutifully behind while a pleasant looking wife strode purposefully toward the shops; no doubt intending to spend my season ticket money. . It is a long term problem for the club. What is the point of paying huge wages to footballers and coaches if their wives have nowhere to spend it.

There is a rumour - I don't know how true it is - that in 1971 Mrs Weller and Mrs Birchenall checked out Fenwicks before allowing their husbands to sign for Leicester.

Did he leave before Fenwicks closed or after? Coming out of Belvoir Drive Mr Walsh would have caught the 84 or 85 bus. This would have dropped him just outside Fenwicks which was really convenient. .

I once saw Mr Walsh in the city centre. He was tagging dutifully behind while a pleasant looking wife strode purposefully toward the shops; no doubt intending to spend my season ticket money. . It is a long term problem for the club. What is the point of paying huge wages to footballers and coaches if their wives have nowhere to spend it.

There is a rumour - I don't know how true it is - that in 1971 Mrs Weller and Mrs Birchenall checked out Fenwicks before allowing their husbands to sign for Leicester.

Do any/many of our big buck transfer stars live in Leicester? Vardy's over in Melton, there's a commune of mixed LCFC and ex-LCFC Shaggers players up here in Woodhouse Eaves but just like our (now mostly moved on) MUFC old boys sharing a car from Manchester, I assume relocation to Saff or somesuch is negotiated out of the contract at an early stage.

Do any/many of our big buck transfer stars live in Leicester? Vardy's over in Melton, there's a commune of mixed LCFC and ex-LCFC Shaggers players up here in Woodhouse Eaves but just like our (now mostly moved on) MUFC old boys sharing a car from Manchester, I assume relocation to Saff or somesuch is negotiated out of the contract at an early stage.
Vardy isn't in Melton any more. I'm not sure where he moved to, but I don't think it was Saff.

[Did he leave before Fenwicks closed or after? Coming out of Belvoir Drive Mr Walsh would have caught the 84 or 85 bus. This would have dropped him just outside Fenwicks which was really convenient. .
Elaine (a friend, but a close friend of a girl at school I fancied at the time) worked in the tea room at Fenwicks on a Saturday in 1970/1. I used to go there (out of footy season) and see how long I could make a pot tea last by repeatedly topping up with free hot water until it became - er - hot water (pot of tea was about 12p - bus fare return about 15p).
I never realised I was living the high life of a professional footballer's wife at the time.

Quite a few live in knighton / Clarendon park area.

Also some just out of the city around Countesthorpe area.

Esteban still has a room at mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265