Stevenage Borough

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the flying fcuk have you come to that conclusion?

make sure we win..........:102:
bad choice of words, first team out their so we are playing to win by a big margin

Stevenage are no average 1st rd cannon fodder. I expect that at their best they wouldnt look out of place in the division we are in.
I'll take us to win 1-0 simply because we are not expecting an easy game, and are more likely to be mentally ready for a tough non league opponent.

GK: Martin

RB: O'Neil
CB: Morrison
CB: Hobbs
LB: Berner

RM: Gradel
CM: Kishi
CM: Adams
LM: Levi

FC: Howard
FC: Chambers

Subs- Hendo, Edworthy, Mattock, Dyer, King, Fryatt & Hayles

Score- 3-2.

I don't think there will be much in this... I'm no fan of Martin or Hobbs but i'd put them in- hopefully they will get a confidence boost should we win.

Attendence just under 10k.

Stevenage are no average 1st rd cannon fodder. I expect that at their best they wouldnt look out of place in the division we are in.
I'll take us to win 1-0 simply because we are not expecting an easy game, and are more likely to be mentally ready for a tough non league opponent.

Bloody hell BB - with the money Leicester pay our players compared with the money the Stevenage lads are on, I expect us to wipe the floor with them.

A clear 3 goals win for me, but we might need to score in the first 20 minutes to achieve this.

Henderson

Edworthy
Hobbs
Morrison
Powell

Gradel
King
Kishishev
Porter

Howard
Fryatt

s
Lots of them

A clear 3 goals win for me, but we might need to score in the first 20 minutes to achieve this.

Bloody hell RF, 3 clear goals! I expect at least 5 clear goals, and maybe more in the second half.

Bloody hell BB - with the money Leicester pay our players compared with the money the Stevenage lads are on, I expect us to wipe the floor with them.

Unfortunately what you pay your players does not always reflect what you get on the pitch. Rovrum only days earlier should remind us of that.
If it was as simple as that, then we should get automatically promoted this season..........but i wouldnt put my house on it.
I think we'll win, but only just.

Last edited:
Unfortunately what you pay your players does not always reflect what you get on the pitch. Rovrum only days earlier should remind us of that.
If it was as simple as that, then we should get automatically promoted this season..........but i wouldnt put my house on it.
I think we'll win, but only just.

I hope Pearson is reading this. He is doing everything he can to avoid that.

You concerned BG:102:

about Pearson ? Yes I am. He was OK when he had a full squad and against teams who didn't know what to expect. Now he has had injuries, players off form and teams know what to do against us, he seems clueless. The string of draws and the loss recently was not down to bad luck IMO. Today will be a massive tragedy if we get dumped out.

about Pearson ? Yes I am. He was OK when he had a full squad and against teams who didn't know what to expect. Now he has had injuries, players off form and teams know what to do against us, he seems clueless. The string of draws and the loss recently was not down to bad luck IMO. Today will be a massive tragedy if we get dumped out.

"he seems clueless" ??

Yea. I mean its not like we'll be top of the league or anything if we win our game in hand next Tuesday, is it? Anyway, we should be doing better than being top of the league - obviously.

"A massive tragedy if we are dumped out" ??

I would say it would be be slightly less than that. Inconsequential in terms of long term objectives - i.e. we are not actually going to win the FA Cup this season nor even likely to survive a clash with a half decent side in the Third Round or beyond. On the otherhand, being knocked out by Stevenage would in the short term be damaging to a somewhat fragile morale resulting from years of vary poor results.

I think Pearson is doing an excellent job and most people who have downsized their expectations understand that. To be honest its not enticing enough for me to make me want to actually turn out....but then I'm a miserable old git.

Imo a couple of decent January signings could be enough to get us out of this lge, but i'm not convinced as we stand.

I think Pearson is doing an excellent job and most people who have downsized their expectations understand that. To be honest its not enticing enough for me to make me want to actually turn out....but then I'm a miserable old git.

RF go to a game and see for yourself first hand. I know we will go top if we win on Tuesday, but this is a shite dire league and we should have racked up more points than we have already.

How far do you downsize expectations? So we are an average Div 1 team?

Fcuk off! we need to get out of this division and quick. This team as it stands would not stand up to a season in the Championship going on the performances so far.

RF go to a game and see for yourself first hand. I know we will go top if we win on Tuesday, but this is a shite dire league and we should have racked up more points than we have already.

Fcuk off! we need to get out of this division and quick. This team as it stands would not stand up to a season in the Championship going on the performances so far.

The main reason I haven't been to a game so far this season (and this is the first time for 56 seasons that this is the case) is because I know that it will be dire stuff. I will probably turn out in the next couple of months - and probably get frozen cold in the process with the highlight being a hot drink and one of the uneatable Walkers offerings at half time!

However, Pearson took on a rabble and I think he is doing really well.

I entirely agree with you that it is essential that we get out of this pitiful league this season - before the support drifts away. I have also said in previous posts that from a distance it appears to me that we would need to seriously strengthen the squad to survive and have a chance of thriving in the so called 'Championship'. But i think I'm more reasonable and realistic than you.......we can't attract much better players than we have whilst we are playing in this league. Pearson was brought in to bring a bit of order to the situation, get us promoted and then take from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669