Stevenage Player Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheffield_fox

If you went to the game, please post your ratings at www.player-ratings.com/rate and discuss below.

Here's mine:

Henderson 7 - Not a lot to do
Edworthy 7 - Solid defensively and supported attacks well, tired late on
Mattock 7 - Did one good thing, one bad but overall a decent game
Kisnorbo N/A
Tunchev 8 - Very very solid with the exception of one poor backpass
Oakley 8 - Probably the best game he's had this season, constantly moving off the ball to make himself available
Dyer 8 - Scored one and set up another with an excellent run
Berner 6 - His control let him down too often for me
King 8 - Decent game, superb goal but needs to release the ball quicker
Fryatt 8 - Solid performance, good goal but what a miss
Howard 7 - Hard working performance but never really looked like scoring

Morrison 7 - Solid defensively but panicked distribution on occasions
Campbell / Dickov - not on long enough to rate but good to see them back

Maybe I'm getting too jaded by all this medicore malarky i'm seeing, cos there's no way those players, barring a couple of exceptions warrant a 7, let alone an 8!

Methinks I might well be back down at the bottom of the voting again!

Henderson 6 - didn't have to do to much, and was competent.
Edworthy 7 - Linked up well with Oakley, got forward well when he had to,
Mattock 6 - Competent.
Morrison 6- Looked comfortable alongside Tunchev. Had a couple of misakes but covered the ground well and did his job well enough.
Tunchev 7 - Best defender on the pitch, one blip but overall solid and commanding.
Oakley 7 - Looked far better out wide than he has done in the centre of midfield.
Dyer 8 - Had a lot of freedom to go forward, took his goal well, and created the second. MOTM
Berner 5 - Quiet game, let Stevenage midfield have too much room in the first 15/20 mins.
King 4 - Superb goal but again non-existent in midfield. Hardly put a tackle in all game and hardly ever looked around to see what options he had before getting rid of the ball.
Fryatt 6 -Good work for the first, took his goal well, but awful miss when he should've scored. WAsn't as greedy as he has been in the last few games.
Howard 6 -. Played ok. Won more headers than normal, didn't get much from the ref(as usual) Worked hard, could've done with a goal to keep his confidence up though.

Last edited:
He was shite.

And I'm not being biased about him, I now he can score some cracking goals, but his distribution is pants, he can't tackle and he's too lightweight. Was he shoved into the team too early? I think so, A few months out on loan would've done him better imo.

But then maybe not, if his attitude says anything about him*

*According to friends

Last edited:
And I'm not being biased about him, I now he can score some cracking goals, but his distribution is pants, he can't tackle and he's too lightweight.

I'd have said his distribution is very good, but he severely lacks in other areas. If you give him time on the ball then his passing is the best part of his game. He just doesn't get into the game enough, and when playing against opposition who close down the midfield very quickly - he goes missing.

Which unfortunately is most games.
It wouldn't matter so muh if he had a strong partner in midfield but Oakley can be jut as bad!

Can't fathom your King & Tunchev marks.

Forgetting his goal, still thought King had an effective game.

Meanwhile, as well as nearly causing Henderson to have a serious injury with a poor back pass, Tunchev got caught positionally several times by a non-league striker.

Generally Tunchev is good, but not on Saturday, Morrison had a much more effective game

Last edited:
I thought Morrison also made a couple of errors, but togther they worked very well and were solid. Just that I thought Tunchev overall in his decision-making was a bit better.

King I'm sorry, but I just can't see it. Our midfield continually gets overun because they don't control it, nor do they put pressure on the oppo(or put enough tackles in) yet people rate him highly.

Yes he can score cracking goals but that isn't enough him doing that every few games, not when the rest of his game is severly lacking in key areas.

King I'm sorry, but I just can't see it. Our midfield continually gets overun because they don't control it, nor do they put pressure on the oppo(or put enough tackles in) yet people rate him highly.

Yes he can score cracking goals but that isn't enough him doing that every few games, not when the rest of his game is severly lacking in key areas.

I don't think he's doing too badly for a 20 year old in his first season as a first team regular. Hopefully he's got the attitude to improve, because if we go up this year he's going to have to. (Although I think he's out of contact in the summer)

BTW; anyone notice how quiet this forum is when we have less to complain about?!

I don't think he's doing too badly for a 20 year old in his first season as a first team regular. Hopefully he's got the attitude to improve, because if we go up this year he's going to have to. (Although I think he's out of contact in the summer)

BTW; anyone notice how quiet this forum is when we have less to complain about?!

Well seeing as there isn't really anyone to replace him his place in the side seems pretty much assured every week. Maybe I'm getting too old and cynical, but I think so far this season he has been one of 'weaker' players in the side. As for his attitude, from what i've heard(from some close friends who know him) he thinks he's summat special as it is, so hopefully he can up his workrate and ability to match his big head.

If he does that then he can love himself as much as he wants!

Well seeing as there isn't really anyone to replace him his place in the side seems pretty much assured every week. Maybe I'm getting too old and cynical, but I think so far this season he has been one of 'weaker' players in the side. As for his attitude, from what i've heard(from some close friends who know him) he thinks he's summat special as it is, so hopefully he can up his workrate and ability to match his big head.

If he does that then he can love himself as much as he wants!

Feck me, top of the table with crap players. Where would we be with good players???:102::icon_lol:

Oh I'm sorry......Didn't realise because we are top we couldn't show any criticism of players who we don't think are pulling their weight.

In future I'll come on here after every win and give the players 7s and 8s out of 10 even if they and the game was crap.:icon_razz:icon_lol:

Oh I'm sorry......Didn't realise because we are top we couldn't show any criticism of players who we don't think are pulling their weight.

In future I'll come on here after every win and give the players 7s and 8s out of 10 even if they and the game was crap.:icon_razz:icon_lol:

Fine, but the player getting the stick, is a young lad, close to an ever present, playing in the hardest position on the pitch.
He scores goals from midfield, something many have been crying out for somebody to do for a while.
At 20 he isn't going to be the finished article, but jeez, I wish some people would cut the guy some slack.

Some just have a go because it's him, others just jump on the bandwagon. :icon_evil

If he was crap as some think, do you think NP would play him.:icon_roll

Well we don't have much options to replace him do we?
Who is there? Kishishev perhaps?

Look.....all this crap about him being a young kid is bollocks. It's not much to ask that those playing in the first team get stuck in and graft as much as everyone else. And if Pearson think he is good enough, then he should be pulling his weight just like the others should be. Mattock is younger than him and he can manage it.

Yes he can score every few games, but for a midfielder he needs to be more than that, and so far this season he has been invisible in games quite often. Our midfield has been a problem for the last few seasons and imo is the main problem again this season, because our main pairing don't control the game. and more often than not neither of them put that important tackle in, instead preferring to be namby-pamby alongside whoever it is who has the ball.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see kids from our Academy progress and become important members of the first team, but that's doesn't mean we should mollycoddle them or not critcise if they aren't doing their job.

And I wouldn't want to be on a player-bashing bandwagon, but he isn't the only player I've said my piece about, unfortunately for him, it just seems to be one of those who I tend to notice because of the lack of anything on his part in the game I've just watched!

Hobbs has received a fair bit of the same yet not as many people seem to be sticking up for him, and he's about the same age isn't he? Or is it because he isn't one of ours so we can say he's been shite?

Last edited:
I had King and Howard as the best of our lot against Yeovil......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669