Stewart and Gillespie

Status
Not open for further replies.

FOX MENTAL

I think thes two could be the key to promotion this season, so far in the games they have played under CL, I have been very impressed, I thought Gillespie was good in the first half but got marked out of the game in the second and i Thought stewart just playerd very well, Made one fantastic tackle and i think heis delivery into the box from dead balls is quality!

FOX MENTAL said:
I think thes two could be the key to promotion this season, so far in the games they have played under CL, I have been very impressed, I thought Gillespie was good in the first half but got marked out of the game in the second and i Thought stewart just playerd very well, Made one fantastic tackle and i think heis delivery into the box from dead balls is quality!
i think you saw a different game mate- they have improved bt haven't been impressive

Micky said:
Calm down! :wink:

Both have got ability but whether they have a future is questionable. How many goals and how many assists have each of them had?
The coaches should find out but I'll tell em...not nearly enough although Gillespie's shooting concerns me more than his ability to create chances. Anyway with the strikers firing blanks as well, the coaches have much to do and it'll be interesting to see if either players or coaches prove up to the job.
At present we have four important players in Scowcroft, Connolly, Gillespie and Stewart who are clearly capable in different ways but whose end product is lacking.
It is just as much part of City's sad story as Pieman's blunders. As Levein said: our all important job is to win football matches. You don't do that by failing to score any more than by conceding too many goals. Before Pieman gets all the blame, today was a home game. We didn't score. We didn't do our job...and not for the first time. Strikes me as a major priority to be dealt with.

stewart made it onto soccer am in the showboat section today!

both had improved, but i think Morris had looked more promising than Stewart... more pace, more tricks, not afraid to take on players(even tho doesnt really take the ball with him half the time)... would probably like to see Morris start a game, just to see a different dimension he could bring to the team.

in the after match press conference CL singled out Stewart for praise so he must be doing something right...

I think Gillespie and Stewart should both be made to sit and watch old video's of Keith Weller and Lenny Glover, both wide men who ran at defences and really attacked, both scored plenty of goals as well by timing their runs to perfection.

Many a time they would run at the full back and then whip in a great ball from the by line. Now I am not saying that Stewart or Gillespie are anywhere near Weller and Glover in terms of ability, but they could certainly learn a thing or two from two of the best to ever pull on City shirts.

It is all about confidence and having faith in your own ability, something I think both Stewart and Gillespie appear to be lacking, when it comes to having a run at and attempting to beat the full back, fustratingly both have the ability to do it especially in the Fizzy week after week, but seem afraid to demonstrate it.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I think Gillespie and Stewart should both be made to sit and watch old video's of Keith Weller and Lenny Glover, .
you could get ade akinbiyi to watch videos of pele but it wouldn't make a difference

drummindefender said:
PFKAKTF FOX said:
I think Gillespie and Stewart should both be made to sit and watch old video's of Keith Weller and Lenny Glover, .
you could get ade akinbiyi to watch videos of pele but it wouldn't make a difference

Read the whole post....I'm not saying these two are in Weller or Glover's league but watching how they played will provide them with awareness of what a wide man is expected to do, and give them a few ideas and pointers on where and how they can make improvements to their game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566