Stewart & Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_Unwin

I went to Pride Park last night and i thought they both did ok. I thought the service to Blake and Connolly was poor all night. As for Jordan, I know he played poor against West Ham but i felt defensively last night he was very sound.Its Wilcox thats the weak link

Why do most people get on Jordans back. Give him a break!!

Have to disagree to an extent there. Yes Wilcox has not looked very good so far, but Stewart has been just as bad. He did one or two good things defensively last night when he was moved back there but he is still not good enough as a left back. The amount of times Dabizas covered the left back spot because either Jordan or Wilcox were awol was unreal.

Also went to Derby last night and have serious concerns about the left hand side. Stewart did perform better than on saturday, but still really doesnt cut the mustard for me. Why we signed Wilcox beggars belief.

We looked much better when we brought Gillespie on and switched Scowy to the left, maybe this could be the answer with Tiatto at left back when free from suspension?

However would prefer we sell Scowy to Nowrich and use some of the money to but a little bit of quality for the left hand side.

Any suggestions?

I suggest we do not sell one of our key players for this season - someone who has played extremely well in both games so far and who played an instrumental part in what proved to be the winning goal

Madness !!

homer said:
I suggest we do not sell one of our key players for this season - someone who has played extremely well in both games so far and who played an instrumental part in what proved to be the winning goal

Madness !!

too right.

Scowcroft is key to a lot of our play and to sell him when we've already started the season would be crazy. We are a better side with him in the team!

Why make a quick buck when with him in the side we have a far better chance of promotion and thus getting a lot more money than £1mill?

Cobbo said:
homer said:

Madness !!

too right.

Scowcroft is key to a lot of our play and to sell him when we've already started the season would be crazy. We are a better side with him in the team!

Why make a quick buck when with him in the side we have a far better chance of promotion and thus getting a lot more money than £1mill?

From looking at our play last night we would be clueless without Scowcroft. I fear the day he is injured or is sold because we have very few ideas other than picking Scowcroft out from drop kicks, goal kicks, corners and free kicks!!

Walker nearly shat himself last night when he couldnt see Scowy on the right wing to kick it to!! Did you see the relief on his face when he spotted it was OK cos scowy had only moved to the left wing.

I hope its just the team geling but I think our play was poor at times last night and Derby in truth played us off the park!

apparently makin can play left back as well as right back, canero can then go on the right and then stewart right midfield

maybe even tiato?

they missed two sitters one just before we scored our first then one in the second half could have been 3 2 easy to them!

I got the impression that the team are still gelling especially when passing the ball around. Defensively in the middle we look very solid dabizas looks absolutely class alongside heath or keown and makin is a solid no nonsense defender. Down the left we look weak. Remember that stewart and wilcox are midfielders and they both like to get forward sometimes they both get caught up the pitch and they're communication is bad at times. On the right side makin always stays level with the centre backs which shows up the left side. I feel we do need a proper defender on the left that will stay back like makin.

Danny Tiatto is not a fullback.

Has been pressed into this position because of loss of Thatcher. At best he is another wing back!!!

We have to sign a quality left back.

Ho Hum...

Tiatto started his whole career at left back - and was bought by Man City as a left back by Joe Royle - albeit an attack minded left back, and has played for Aus as a left back

Keegan pressed him into playing left sided midfield, 'cos Keegan thinks everybody should be an attacker rather than a defender, and that's where he has stayed ever since although he has continued to play at LB every now and then

But before Keegan "pressed" him into this position he had always played at left back, and not left midfield

i agree that our left side lacks quality but you cant fault the effort by jordan yesterday, but many of us seemed to be confused by which player was left back or midfield. the main reason i was infuriated by wilcox's performance was the fact he didnt look up when he went to play the ball, reminded me of a nervous schoolboy playing and being to concerned about getting tackled.

Flippin heck lads, have a listen to yourselves. We might not have played brill, some players might have been below par, some played out of position, but hangon, didn't we win. At the end of the day that is what counts.
Some say the Sheep played us off the park, but who won. Remind me of the score again...Sheep 1 City 2. Thank you

homer said:
Ho Hum...

Tiatto started his whole career at left back - and was bought by Man City as a left back by Joe Royle - albeit an attack minded left back, and has played for Aus as a left back

Keegan pressed him into playing left sided midfield, 'cos Keegan thinks everybody should be an attacker rather than a defender, and that's where he has stayed ever since although he has continued to play at LB every now and then

But before Keegan "pressed" him into this position he had always played at left back, and not left midfield

Top marks to you there Homer, good research and well worded. 9/10

No research needed - I used to live in manchester so's I knows

Cant belive people are laying into Jordan Stewart. I thought he was great against West Ham, and proved that he has both defensive and attacking qualities. Did a great job when asked to revert at left back for Wilcox, who quite frankly, would have lost us the game if he stayed left back. i didnt go last night, but from what i heard on the radio, Wilcox was poor again. Thank god that we have Jordan. Am looking froward to Tiatto's entance, and also wouldnt mind seeing Morris given a crack on the left wing if he ever gets fit!

fran said:
Cant belive people are laying into Jordan Stewart. I thought he was great against West Ham, and proved that he has both defensive and attacking qualities. Did a great job when asked to revert at left back for Wilcox, who quite frankly, would have lost us the game if he stayed left back. i didnt go last night, but from what i heard on the radio, Wilcox was poor again. Thank god that we have Jordan. Am looking froward to Tiatto's entance, and also wouldnt mind seeing Morris given a crack on the left wing if he ever gets fit!

I agree with you i think our ideal left hand side partnership would be Tiatto and Morris but the trouble dont know if we will ever get the chance to see it in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts

Latest posts