Still brings a tear to the eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lako42

9596146.jpg

I have seen this picture a lot over the years, but it still has the ability to put a lump in the throat, I remember the moment quite well, lights being turned off one by one, only really letting the tears flow when the darkness was able to mask my grief from those around me.

At the time I had only ever been to one funeral, and although football undoubtedly takes a back seat later in life, the final moments I spent in Filbo as a young'un seemed much worse, It's quite strange but I still get a similar feeling looking at the photos in the link,it's like looking at a lost family member such was the bond I felt with that place, it's where it all started.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/p...eet/pictures-26120237-detail/pictures.html#54

Not even a thread containing old pics of Filbo gets people chatting on here these days?

I looked through the photos but didn't spot myself....I do however appear in a pic in OFAF :)

I was working at the club at the time of the last match at Filbo. I watched that game from the tunnel and pitch side, it was an amazing atmosphere, tinged with a great deal of sadness.

Apocalyptic scenes outside the ground with people literally scaling the outside of the stands in an effort to get various fixings and fittings.

I remember one bloke trying to unscrew a 'welcome to Filbert st' sign off the front of the Carling stand whilst some women hanging out the window of the big hall tried hitting him on the head With a handbag.

I loved the grotty feeling of the double decker, the prison like windows looking out made it look fearsome from the outside.

I looked through the photos but didn't spot myself....I do however appear in a pic in OFAF :)

I was once pictured at Roker Park in a now obsolete football magazine.

Not even a thread containing old pics of Filbo gets people chatting on here these days?

Sorry, just adding to the length of the thread :icon_lol:

I was once pictured at Roker Park in a now obsolete football magazine.

Sorry, just adding to the length of the thread :icon_lol:

I was in a Twattish mood last night and felt the need to make an unhelpful comment (no change then)

Does seem quiet on here though, probably would have been on 100 comments of absolute shite by now 5 years ago.

I was in a Twattish mood last night and felt the need to make an unhelpful comment (no change then)

Does seem quiet on here though, probably would have been on 100 comments of absolute shite by now 5 years ago.

Joe has been strangely absent...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570