stockport county - league cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know that thing we always moan about, players playing out of position....
I would like to see him playing in field at tad more. He has the ability to go past players on both sides, and he's an attacking midfielder. On the wing limits his width to a certain extent.

With Adams, Dyer and Gradel in the midfield it makes for a fast attacking team. Yes, it leaves us slightly weak at the back, but it's Stockport at home, not Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool. We should be hammering teams like that, I'd say in a cup game, experiment and go for it.

I would be surprised if it is much over 4,000 - although the manner of Saturday's performance may encourage a few more fans to make the effort.

Only 1,500 sold before KO On Saturday :icon_conf

Martin

Gilbert
Tunchev
Morrison
Mattock

Porter
Kish
Oakley
Adams

DJ
Howard

The only person I would play from Saturday is Dickov - who clearly needs lots of time on the pitch before he is anywhere near match fit

Everyone else should be rested

The only person I would play from Saturday is Dickov - who clearly needs lots of time on the pitch before he is anywhere near match fit

Perhaps, however the back 4 allegedly need more time to gel?

I would personally like to see Porter get a game.

Aye, at this point of the season rest is much more important than match fitness and team gelling.

They all faded miserably in the second half - Tunchev, King, Mattock and Dyer in particular. Plus Howard clearly picked up some sort of thigh strain

Can't see the value of sticking them in again tomorrow night :102:

They all faded miserably in the second half - Tunchev, King, Mattock and Dyer in particular. Plus Howard clearly picked up some sort of thigh strain

Can't see the value of sticking them in again tomorrow night :102:
Mmmm. Chicken or egg type scenario. Rest them because they got tired, or play them to improve fitness levels?

I didn't notice MK Dons tiring, could this be down to them starting slower?

Couldn't careless about this match,not important play the Reserves/Youth Team

Agreed
All that matters this season is getting promoted

Last edited:
I want us to win this and every match we can.

A winning mentality is important. No-one in the squad should even entertain the idea of losing.

Martin

Gilbert_____Morrison_____Hobbs_____Mattock

Adams_____Kishishev_____Oakley_____Dyer

Dickov_____Fryatt

I'd play this team, rest some of the players (not all) and give some of the others a chance.​

I think the team needs games to become more familiar with each other, they have played one competitive game together and they need more. No problem with one or two changesm but keep the nucleus of the team. A win would further boost confidence and we were running on empty last season, the tanks needs refilling.

I think the team needs games to become more familiar with each other, they have played one competitive game together and they need more. No problem with one or two changesm but keep the nucleus of the team. A win would further boost confidence and we were running on empty last season, the tanks needs refilling.

id go along with that chuck

From what NP said after the game on Saturday, I'd expect quite a few changes. Just not sure how many...

My guess is:

Martin
Gilbert, Hobbs, Morrison, Mattock
Adams, Kish, King, Porter
Dickov, Fryatt

From what NP said after the game on Saturday, I'd expect quite a few changes. Just not sure how many...

My guess is:

Martin
Gilbert, Hobbs, Morrison, Mattock
Adams, Kish, King, Porter
Dickov, Fryatt

4-5 changes I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696