Post Match Stoke 0 Leicester 5

No it wasn't boring at all.

Yesterday, we didn't unnecessarily suck the life out of 90% of the game. Because it's a choice rather than something that we have to do. Which is why I object to it so much when we do it.
I think you miss the point. No way we could play like that at the start of the season.
It takes months of time and practice to play out from the back comfortably and confidently and at pace like we did yesterday.

I think you miss the point. No way we could play like that at the start of the season.
It takes months of time and practice to play out from the back comfortably and confidently and at pace like we did yesterday.

No it doesn't. We were doing it perfectly effectively in pre-season.

No it doesn't. We were doing it perfectly effectively in pre-season.
But pre-season is a shadow of reality.

You could argue that the only reason we were able to do it yesterday was because Stoke were dreadful?

Momentum, pace, skill, understanding (sixth-sense type) and a new way of playing was bound to take a lot of games hence Enzo asking for patience and (quite rightly) some respect and understanding of what is trying to be achieved, particularly with a bunch of players whose confidence must have been shit.

If we do achieve the goal of promotion I don’t particularly care how it is done. Enzo has earned the right from all of the fans to appreciate what they see in front of them and groaning (and thick ****s shouting get it forward) must be quite disparaging from his perspective.

We’ve been spoilt.

This is getting so dull.

I do understand how football works. I know that sometimes a style of play takes a while. I know that retaining possession can draw opponents out of position or tire them out. I know all the arguments.

What I'm repeatedly trying to say is that we don't 'just' do this. In most of our games, we deliberately and intentionally kill time through utterly pointless and purposeless keeping the ball. It achieves exactly the same thing as teams that waste time through other means, like feigning injuries or taking forever to take set pieces. I believe that EM tells his team to use up time doing it. It's too often to be anything other than a deliberate ploy. He then pretends that it is part of some grand scheme.

We don't do it every game and we don't do it all the time. But we waste in inordinate amount of time in most of the home games doing it. And it makes those games really boring to watch.

This is getting so dull.

I do understand how football works. I know that sometimes a style of play takes a while. I know that retaining possession can draw opponents out of position or tire them out. I know all the arguments.

What I'm repeatedly trying to say is that we don't 'just' do this. In most of our games, we deliberately and intentionally kill time through utterly pointless and purposeless keeping the ball. It achieves exactly the same thing as teams that waste time through other means, like feigning injuries or taking forever to take set pieces. I believe that EM tells his team to use up time doing it. It's too often to be anything other than a deliberate ploy. He then pretends that it is part of some grand scheme.

We don't do it every game and we don't do it all the time. But we waste in inordinate amount of time in most of the home games doing it. And it makes those games really boring to watch.
But the net result is the overwhelmingly a win, so, so what? Whether it is boring or not, the purpose is to get promoted and we n games and we well on our way with both.

We now have more points than Coventry finished the season with in 22/23. They finished 5th in the table.
We can no longer finish either 23rd or 24th in the table.

But the net result is the overwhelmingly a win, so, so what? Whether it is boring or not, the purpose is to get promoted and we n games and we well on our way with both.

It's a tactic that might be excusable against a top PL side. Killing time could be useful then. But it's just not necessary this season. We scored early against Swansea last week and then effectively stopped playing for large periods. Why? It's disrespecting paying customers.

I get that lots of people don't care. But if you go to the KP for a few games it is obvious that many people really don't like it. It is a key reason why the atmosphere is awful and the seats empty 10 minutes before half time and full time. You can retire to the concourse pretty confident that you won't be missing anything.

What harm would it do to play more like we did at Stoke? It sometimes feels as though EM is testing people to see just how much he can get away with before people turn against it.

We played like we did against Stoke because they stupidly tried to play expansively and left an enormous amount of space to exploit - particularly so in the middle where Winks and KDH ran riot. As a result we moved it swiftly through the middle and then onwards to the flanks or straight on up the pitch - so it was exciting

Swansea shut the game off and sat all eleven men behind the ball, back to the half way line and beyond. They also packed the middle of the park so we couldn’t play through it. The game was boring because we have to fart about with the ball waiting for an opening, or waiting for them to come out and leave some space.

Extraordinary how people can’t actually see what is happening on the pitch. Bizarre

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563