Pre Match Stoke City Vs Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.

jas123

I'm going for a 2-0 away win for us, Mahrez, Vardy

Here's hoping. I'm surprised to see where they are in the table. The summer seemed to be full of experts tipping them for great things with Shakira and Shay Given in the squad.

Schmeichel

De Laet/Morgan/Huth/Schlupp

Kante/Drinkwater

Albrighton/Mahrez/Dyer

Vardy

Schmeichel

Kante/Drinkwater

Albrighton/Mahrez/Dyer

Vardy

That is exactly the side and set up I would go for and it gives De LAet some much needed protection, get Mahrez playing a more central role where he can create havoc and looks like scoring or creating every time he gets on the ball.

Schmeichel

Kante/Drinkwater

Albrighton/Mahrez/Dyer

Vardy
I still think we look better with two up top, and that a lot of the space that Mahrez had yesterday was due to Ulloa and Vardy occupying their defenders.

Not quite sure how to fit them and Mahrez in though.

Keep Dyer for impact off the bench.

Kante should come in but not sure how Inler is to get upto speed if he's dropped.

I still think we look better with two up top, and that a lot of the space that Mahrez had yesterday was due to Ulloa and Vardy occupying their defenders.

Not quite sure how to fit them and Mahrez in though.

Whilst I agree that we look better with two up front, I think we also played very well for the first 15 mins of the second half when we had one up top and played the 4-2-3-1 system.

I think the only way to get Mahrez in the team along with two strikers is to play the 3-4-1-2 we played towards the end of last season, however that would mean Albrighton and Dyer or Schlupp playing as wing backs.

Whilst I agree that we look better with two up front, I think we also played very well for the first 15 mins of the second half when we had one up top and played the 4-2-3-1 system.

I think the only way to get Mahrez in the team along with two strikers is to play the 3-4-1-2 we played towards the end of last season, however that would mean Albrighton and Dyer or Schlupp playing as wing backs.
We looked even better for the last 25 mins though, although that may be due to Kante's impact.

As per the post match thread, I'd play 3-5-2, with a front 7 of:

---------Drinkwater-----Kante------------
Dyer/MA-------------------------Schlupp
-----------------Mahrez----------------------
---------Ulloa/Okazaki Vardy------------

Schmeichel

De Laet Morgan Huth Fuchs

Drinkwater Kante

Dyer Mahrez Schlupp

Vardy

Stoke seem to think that they're brilliant now for some reason so I say let them onto us and then give them an absolute seeing to on the counter.

I think the most disappointing thing about this season is that, even if we win this match, we still can't go top. We're falling off the pace.

Schmeichel

De Laet Morgan Huth Fuchs

Drinkwater Kante

Dyer Mahrez Schlupp

Vardy

Stoke seem to think that they're brilliant now for some reason so I say let them onto us and then give them an absolute seeing to on the counter.

I don't personally think we'll see Fuchs any time soon, I get the feeling that Claudio doesn't rate him. But I kind of hope he does get a good run out to free Schlupp up to a more attacking role.

2-0

I think that this will be a tough game to win. Although Stoke aren't playing well at the moment we will have to play well to win

From what I've seen of Stoke (very little), they seem to be missing N'Zonzi in the middle of the park. Between the rest of them that are left, they haven't quite figured out how to get one or the midfield pair to share what N'Zonzi did, while incorporating the attacking flair of Affelay, Shaqiri, Bojan and Arnautovic.

I think playing 4-2-3-1 and play Vardy up front on his own, Dyer and Albrighton on the wings, then Mahrez in behind Vardy. Let Mahrez stay near Vardy with little defensive responsibility and get Albrighton and Dyer in support and we have a good chance to win. Kante needs to start.

2-0 Leicester, 1 in each half, 1 late on on the counter attack.

I think that thug, that is masquerading as a footballer, Charlie Adam is still banned for this game.

Afellay and Adam will both be banned.

Adams is the type of player who would take out Mahrez and then complain he was the one being bullied. He reminds me of Dave McKay all those years ago who cost us the FA Cup, a dirty bastard at best, Adams to a 'T'.

I think playing 4-2-3-1 and play Vardy up front on his own, Dyer and Albrighton on the wings, then Mahrez in behind Vardy. Let Mahrez stay near Vardy with little defensive responsibility and get Albrighton and Dyer in support and we have a good chance to win. Kante needs to start.

I agree.

Under normal circumstances I would choose a big striker to play alongside Vardy. However, Mahrez is an exceptional player. Leonardo's chances to impress have been limited this season but he has not forced himself into the line-up in the way I believe Kante has. The closer Mahrez is to the penalty area the bigger problem he causes defences.

Inler and Fuchs are a problem. Presumably Inler has learned from his performance and is going to work to adapt to the Premier League. Schlupp is so good going forward that he is certainly not a weak link and presumably Claudio believes he is better than Fuchs. How are Inler and Fuchs going to get into the starting XI?

Full disclosure: I missed the Villa game for medical reasons which was frustrating at 3.00 and bloody annoying around 4.30. Apart from the extended highlights on Foxes Player I am judging Kante and Inler on what people have written.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566