Stoke Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daco said:
3 -2 ? fook:( :frown:

Precisely. Get some Finnish vodka down your neck. :icon_conf ;)

My conclusion.

hume and hammond indeed work brilliantly together and look lively, syllia looked good gudjhonnsen played well and ryan smith was ok. Kisnorbo was the weakest player and I felt when devris came on he should have gone off.

The back 4 were not great and stoke were allowed to get into dangerous positions, in particular their 1st goal was a howler by douglas and he was lucky not to be sent off, their 2nd goal you can blme the midfield for not closing the player down but in truth the defense shouldnt have been defending so deep, and dublin was marking the scorer, the 3rd goal the entire back 4 didnt move on the cross allowing them a free header.

The subs I felt kisnorbo should have gone off instead of hammond so we had 3 up front with williams added to midfield.

Summary we was a bit unlucky had the firecracker gone in and made it 3-1 the game would have been over but it didn't our defense needs to learn how to defend for 90 mins and do some practice at defending crosse's and more question marks about douglas yet again. Levein supposedbly built a team for 1-0 wins this season but we are needing to score 4 goals to win games, it seems we no longer have a goal scoring problem but rather a defensive problem and I think craig needs to sort it out. The front men must have been very friustrated having played some good football and worked hard to have it undone by the defense at the back who were less busy then stoke's defense.

As I said before (yet can't find the post?), I went to a bar by myself and got pissed while watching the Leicester game (well, pissed-ish, 4 pints).... it was a ****ing disgrace. We dominated the game just couldn't finish them off..... ****ing pissed me right off, and set me up ready for what was in general a pretty much me being frustrated night!! Grrr!! Sat in the bar I had to move away from my empty pint glasses to stop myself throwing them at the wall/TV...

****ing Leicester, ****ing do my tits in

First time I've seen the likes of Hume and Smith play, being someone who never gets to game, and both players looked very impressive. I was actually very happy with our performance other than the defending. The more I drank the more I just noticed Leicester attacking, but it did seem their 3 goals were almost their only 3 significant attacks. We were unlucky to lose, but that's no excuse. That was ****ing diabolical. We need to start ****ing winning some games. I was talking to an Arsenal supporting mate about Smithy and was saying how incredible he was. I told him I thought he was a future England player, and I still dont feel that is an exaggeration. Told him Smith should stay with us for the rest of this season as even though he is incredible for us right now, his lack of experience would be exposed in the Prem (eg thought he didnt move from left wing enough... didnt support the strikers by getting in the box after crossing the ball, and didnt track back much), but next season he could be a real talent for Arsenal.

Grr, ****ing annoying team, ****ing piss me off everytime.

I forgot to mention Joey... thought he was ****ing immense tonight. Can't remember him doing anything wrong. Talking about the game to a couple of mates afterwards and they were saying it seems like Joey is doing really well at the minute and asking if it was basically we built our team round him... I said it isnt, but it should be. Great goal tonight, and unlucky to hit the bar afterwards.

Joey, Hume and Smithy... if we can have more players playing like them in the team, we'd be top of the league...

Last edited:
What is worrying me at present is the inability to be able to find a happy medium, we start the season scoring goals but conceeding at a alarming rate, so we shut up shop and the goals dry up at both ends as do the wins, so we then open up again and what happens goals flying in at both ends but alas we are dropping points left, right and centre.

It doesnt seem to me that Levein can strike the right balance between defending and attacking. It is either too much of one or the other and it appears that whatever style we adapt we are incapable of winning many football matches.

Last night we played some decent attacking football, but defensively we were a shambles, the wide players especially Sylla leave our full backs exposed, Kisnorbo who is meant to be the defensive shield gets lost and for me doesnt play with enough discipline to sit in front of the back 4, he is consistently getting dragged out of position.

We are far too reliant on Gudjonsson, he is all over the place at the moment, attacking and defending, and too often IMO covering for Kisnorbo's inefficiencies. If we lost Joey at the moment we would be fecked in midfield.

Come on Craig get it sorted out, yes we want to see bright, attacking and enterprising football, but surely we can do that with a solid defensive unit.

I agree. Based on what I've seen last night and what people have been saying, the last couple of weeks we've been playing better, more entertaining football. However, despite us now being able to score goals, we still can't get the points.

Despite improved performances, we could drop down to 19th today... below Coventry!

I think Johansson needs to come back in the team at LB, or at least should've played last night instead of Dublin. The defence did well with Maybury, Gerrbrand, McCarthy and Nisse, we need to go back to that and see if it helps.

Is it just a coincidence that Gerrbrand had one of his worst performances while playing alongside Dublin ?

highland fox said:
Is it just a coincidence that Gerrbrand had one of his worst performances while playing alongside Dublin ?

No. ;)

Probably been mentioned before but the lateness of the substitutions didnt help last IMO.

With other results today, we're now 19th in the table... 5 points off relegation zone

Graz said:
With other results today, we're now 19th in the table... 5 points off relegation zone

:( :icon_sad:

by Petrescu

table7kg.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687