striker

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
step said:
Burton OBrien sound like next favourite, who ever he is

Until recently a midfielder!! If his 15 goals from 99 games with Livingston are seen as the answer, perhaps somebody is not asking the right question.

escos66

i know its not ideal but i swear i read somewhere that momo sylla can be fairly usefull as a striker maybe an option if we dont get anybody in time or someone comes in thats young and needs time

Rayvon

MOMO SYLLA IS NOT A FECKIN STRIKER!!!!! :mad:

who ever dreamt this one up must be on glue, he's gangely and hence can be a tricky winger, he was not brought in to play up front and nor do i think you will find him playing their if we are short, we desperately need an out and out striker. it WILL make or break our season, we need a cheap forward that is going to score 15+ goals because unless pigs have learnt how to fly MDV ain't that man. For me, if we are looking at the scottish market still, i would asking Celtic if we could take Craig Beattie or Shaun Maloney on loan for the season, that in my opinion is our best bet.

OadbyFox

We won't be signing any striker to be a relpacement for DC or MdV, it'll be some young raw kid who the management can coach into a player. That's what the deal with Strum was all about and with Lovell.

PFKAKTF FOX

Agree with Oadby on that one, a couple who could figure : Kris Boyd at Killie, Adam Boyd at Hartlepool, Mads Timm from Manure, Nathan Tyson at Wycombe.

Steven

... and no target men. Plenty of pace. ;)

highland fox

escos66 said:
i know its not ideal but i swear i read somewhere that momo sylla can be fairly usefull as a striker maybe an option if we dont get anybody in time or someone comes in thats young and needs time

Sylla cannot play as a Striker,seen him try and do it on a few occasions for Celtic.....hopeless.

Steven

highland fox said:
escos66 said:
Sylla cannot play as a Striker,seen him try and do it on a few occasions for Celtic.....hopeless.

I have to admire escos66's optimism. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :) :) ;)

fcukcov

has leroy lita actually moved to reading yet? could be one deal to highjack.

highland fox

fcukcov said:
has leroy lita actually moved to reading yet? could be one deal to highjack.

I think we are only £900,000 short of meeting the asking price.

fcukcov

highland fox said:
I think we are only £900,000 short of meeting the asking price.

what they really want a million for him! dont think hes worth that. anyways less just keep guessing between us till Craig signs someone young un that non of us has ever heard of.

escos66

apologies for my stupidity i will now go and slap myself around the head whilst chanting sylla is not a striker but as as i said it was only something i read

Steven

escos66 said:
apologies for my stupidity i will now go and slap myself around the head whilst chanting sylla is not a striker but as as i said it was only something i read

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Lako42

no they need him to ensure there' no shipping accidents near the dock.

ill get my coat

lanxfox

Wot we need is top class centre forward who can score 25/30 goals a season but we can't afford one - hence we're stuck with the plant pot alias Mark De Vries who won't score 10 next season

Redditch Fox

lanxfox said:
Wot we need is top class centre forward who can score 25/30 goals a season but we can't afford one - hence we're stuck with the plant pot alias Mark De Vries who won't score 10 next season

Precisely.

A very difficult situation - and unless resolved by good fortune or an astonishing transfer coup - it means we are likely to finish in a safe mid table position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669