Strikers

Which 2 strikers would you want up-front?

• Fryatt and Hume

Votes: 45 81.8%
  • Fryatt and Hammond

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Fryatt and O'Grady

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Hume and Hammond

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hume and O'Grady

• Hammond and O'Grady

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHS

We are now down to 4 out and out strikers. Those 4 being Matty Fryatt, Elvis Hammond, Iain Hume, and Chris O'Grady. Which 2 of the 4 is you're preferred strike partnership?

Discuss.

Brauny Blue said:
I think this might be a no contest Mike

I'm not sure TBH. Yes Fryatt and Hume is more than likely going to be the best option but I did like the look of the Hume/Hammond combination. Would still like to see Elvis in the frame.

Fryatt is just what we've been lacking since Dickov left IMO - okay, it's only been a couple of games, but he seems to be a striker who can score tap-ins and scruffy goals as well as the odd spectacular. I'm sure he'll be the first name on the team sheet - you gotta have a sniffer!

At the minute you have to go Hume and Fryatt, but if we see a bit more of O'Grady and he continues to perform as he did last night, he'll be difficult to leave out. He won the ball in the air, looked incredibly strong and very direct - was unlucky on one that Royce saved with his feet. We do have some very good young players at our club for once!

If O'Grady has beefed up and improved, then Fryatt and O'Grady has a much better balance to it. I would stick Hume on the right side of midfield rather than Maybury (who is now back-up for Stearman)

ScarboroughFox said:
Fyratt and Hume both young and Hungry!

Surely they eat before a big match - chicken and chips or pasta, plenty of carbs anyway, surely?

yorkthorpe said:
nah just pukka pies:081:

:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Works for me.

I think it was after the game at Selhurst that I said that O'Grady should never again wear a City shirt - I may have even written it here. After his cameo last night however, I have changed my mind.

Fryatt and O'Grady for me!

bocadillo said:
I think it was after the game at Selhurst that I said that O'Grady should never again wear a City shirt - I may have even written it here. After his cameo last night however, I have changed my mind.

Fryatt and O'Grady for me!

:098:

glyn said:
no-brainer for me, Fryatt and Hume. Elvis misses far too many chances.

elvis was terrible against saints... to be honest, i think matty fryatt was the missing ingredient, ok, our squad does need strengthening, but i think fryatt could be prolific for us, and im guessing hes only going to get better, which could make us a tidy profit in a few years. oh, and while im at it, ogrady doesnt deserve to wear a leicester shirt, hes useless, worse than dubbers and mdv... thats saying something.

Last edited:
weneedanabramovich said:
elvis was terrible against saints... to be honest, i think matty fryatt was the missing ingredient, ok, our squad does need strengthening, but i think fryatt could be prolific for us, and im guessing hes only going to get better, which could make us a tidy profit in a few years. oh, and while im at it, ogrady doesnt deserve to wear a leicester shirt, hes useless, worse than dubbers and mdv... thats saying something.

WTF are you basing this on?

weneedanabramovich said:
personal opinion

I understnd it's your opinion, that's a given. I was interested in what performances of his you have seen to form this opinion.

weneedanabramovich said:
only seen him play once, in preseason againt inter, so i dont have much to base it on, but i thought he was terrible.

LOL - He's not fit to wear the shirt based on 1 pre season performance!?:098:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670