Suits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie_d123

Got a few weddings coming up and decided I'm probably too old for smart casual wear and that I should probably start wearing a suit to them.
Never owned a suit so no idea where to start.
Want a decent one that's tailored To fit.
Anyone know where I'm best to look?

Re: Suits.

Got a few weddings coming up and decided I'm probably too old for smart casual wear and that I should probably start wearing a suit to them.

In the mirror.

Sorry.

I like Hugo Boss suits, they're off the peg generally though.

You say you want tailored, do you really? Or do you want a decent fitting one.

I wear a suit 4 days a week and over the past few years I've bought suits from Next, Greenwoods and Asda.
It all depends on how much you've got to spend and how often you will be wearing the suit apart from weddings.
I wouldn't dismiss Asda or Tesco, just because of their name.
Go out and try a few on. Next come in Slim fit, Tailored fit and Regular fit. (In age brackets 20+, 30+, 40+ ;))

I just got a decent suit from the House of Fraser outlet in Highcross. They had loads of stock and range from about £70 - £200.

M+S suits are reasonable. Wide range of sizes and quality.
You can't beat an Austin Reed tailor made one though.

House of Fraser a good shout, range of designer labels, often have decent stuff in the sale. I use Next and M&S if you want a reasonable value, reasonable quality suit for occasional use.
Or how about that tailor in Leicester who Sven still goes to, was in the merc a week or two back if you want to go a bit upmarket:icon_bigg

I wear a suit 4 days a week and over the past few years I've bought suits from Next, Greenwoods and Asda.
It all depends on how much you've got to spend and how often you will be wearing the suit apart from weddings.
I wouldn't dismiss Asda or Tesco, just because of their name.
Go out and try a few on. Next come in Slim fit, Tailored fit and Regular fit. (In age brackets 20+, 30+, 40+ ;))

Aren't they more 60+ territory?

I bought a Paul Smith suit for half price from House of Fraser recently, worth a look.

They're selling suits in Primark £40 each. I wouldn't bother though, a bit shoddy and undersized.

Buy one with plenty of room for an extra arse in case you lose your original one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566