Summary of City's new signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have posted this in another Forums and now will do here :

RAB DOUGLAS: He's been a solid enough keeper, and barring his howler(s) for the first match he's been decent. Good enough for the Championship although can be clumsy when coming out of his box. 7/10

PAUL HENDERSON: Brought in as back-up for Douglas and whenever he has played he has been solid and his kicking is better then Douglas's. There is little difference between the two new goalkeepers. Levein continues our proud tradition of having good keepers, Banks, Shilton, Flowers, Keller, Walker etc etc. 7/10

NILS-ERIC JOHANSSON: Another free signing, this time from Blackburn. He has been solid enough in his natural position of centre back but is not a left back. He has been suspect in the latter position and Sheehan or Gilbert should really be given a chance to cement their place at left back.

PETER GILBERT: WHO? The 21 year old left back was played regularly at the start of the season and did not impress at all, maybe he wasn't match fit. But now he has dissaperared a bit like Canero did. I feel we should perservere with him as 250k is a lot of money for this club now and we cannot afford to lose it. 3/10

GERRBRAND: Did well against Inter Milan got his chance against Bury then got injured. Now he's back and has been man of the match in our last two games. A snip for the 500k we reportedly paid for him, let's hope we can hang on to him in December. Perhaps the new Stevey Walsk!!!!! 8/9 out of 10

MOMO SYLLA: Another free signing from Celtic reserves, The Jekyll and Hyde of Leicester City. One match he is really awesome, one of the best in this league, another match he is as useful as a cock flavoured lollipop. If Levein can make his consistent, a similar job to what he did with Gillespie, he can be a real gem. 5/10

KISORNOBO: Plent of effort but not enough quality. He has the fintess and the enthusiasm but unfortunately lacks that little bit of quality, he is a good back-up utility man. But Hughes and Joey should be the preferred central midfielders. 6/10

JOE HAMMIL: Yet another Hearts reject, he scored on his debut and was brought as "one for the future" however he seems lightweight but has potential to develop in to a decent enough player at this level. 5/10

RYAN SMITH: A loanee from Arsenal, Arsenal fans have said they don't need Walcott as they have Smith. Wenger has compared him to Pires and Henry........looks like we won't be able to sign him then. Levein must try his most to extend his loan period beyond the 31st of December, he could be the difference between play off's and Mid Table struggle. I believe he could do a good job up front considering the difficultys we are having in that positon as the moment.

ELVIS HAMMOND: Well he's fast and err umm fast..... Can't finish and runs around like a headless chicken. Defintley not a forward but can do a job as back-up to Sylla on the right wing. He was an emergency signing when Connoly left to Wigan. Certainly not worth thr 300k we paid for him. 4/10

IAIN HUME: not a natural finnisher but creative and will score you 15 goals a season when given a proper run in the side. Defintley got quality but has not settled thus far, but shown glimpses of why Mr Levein paid Tranmere 750k for his services.

Do tell me if I have missed any out. What do you think?

Not sure I agree about Smith, on staurday at times he strolled around as if he was to good for the Championship. Also if we are going to bring in players like himon loan, whats wrong with trying some of our own youngsters

oxfoxile said:
Not sure I agree about Smith, on staurday at times he strolled around as if he was to good for the Championship. Also if we are going to bring in players like himon loan, whats wrong with trying some of our own youngsters

Where abouts are you Oxfoxile?

Am in East Ilsley. just in Berkshire, used the logon for a different forum when I was in Wantage so I decided to keep it

oxfoxile said:
Am in East Ilsley. just in Berkshire, used the logon for a different forum when I was in Wantage so I decided to keep it

The Oxford LCFC supporters club membership goes back to one.

Annual general meeting is in the phone box in the High Street next Tuesday.

Personally, i think that all of them were about right, but Joe Hammil deserves a 6 IMO. He's quick, he can send in good balls and reminds me of Keith Gillespie when he was younger.

A very agreeable 1st post CC but 1 thing, I think a 4/10 for Elvis is a little harsh.
I remember when he 1st came on agaisnt stoke every1 thought he was gonna be the best signing CL ever made (on loan).
Even though, his performance vs southampton reminded me of a certain akinbyii (at times!) and 300k is alot 2 pay 4 a striker who has never scored an english league goal (when he's been playing there all his life!), i still think he'll do ok 4 us:icon_conf but like many others i think he's more of a right winger aswell, but i don't think Elvis has realised that yet! 6/10

Claudio_14 said:
A very agreeable 1st post CC but 1 thing, I think a 4/10 for Elvis is a little harsh.
I remember when he 1st came on agaisnt stoke every1 thought he was gonna be the best signing CL ever made (on loan).
Even though, his performance vs southampton reminded me of a certain akinbyii (at times!) and 300k is alot 2 pay 4 a striker who has never scored an english league goal (when he's been playing there all his life!), i still think he'll do ok 4 us:icon_conf but like many others i think he's more of a right winger aswell, but i don't think Elvis has realised that yet! 6/10

Cheers mate, considering he was brought here primarily as a striker, Hammond has been a massive letdown. He is not good enough to start but does cause some havoc when he comes on. However, Elvis is now 25 and will start reaching his peak soon. He cannot be called "on for the future"

To be honest, I feel Hammond was a panic buy by Levein, and he was brought to influence games by coming on as a sub, but as a result of Connoly leaving he has become a regular starter.

Anyway Tommy Wright scored for blackpool the other day...maybe he deserves another chance :102:

weluvulesta said:
Personally, i think that all of them were about right, but Joe Hammil deserves a 6 IMO. He's quick, he can send in good balls and reminds me of Keith Gillespie when he was younger.

Wow... I hope you're right!

weluvulesta said:

Does he also spend all his wages in Ladbrokes?

championshipchampions said:
Anyway Tommy Wright scored for blackpool the other day...maybe he deserves another chance :102:

5 goals in 9 games for TW now. Hopefully its the run of games he needed to build confidence and experience because he is a far better finisher than MDV, Hume or Hammond, its just his all round game that needed work.

I'd certainly have more belief in a goal if a chance came to TW than Hammond.

I don't think Wright is going to come back into our team, I think Levein has already made his mind up about him. 5 goals in 9 is a good record, but it might just be because he's found his level...

When TW has preiously gone out on loan has he played as much as he has for Blackpool? i can't be bothered to check stats. if not, maybe he just needed a run of competetive matches to get him going. i do think he had long enought to prove his worth here though and struggled whenever called upon.

Maybe give him one last chance to prove himself now the team is more settled. that is unless Blackpool take up the option of signing him permanently.

Do you Oxford residents ever go to watch United? My eldest daughter recently started studying in Oxford and is a keen football fan, so when I went to visit her a few weeks ago we watched them take on Boston in a tedious
0-0 draw.

Match ruined by blatant timewasting by the visitors, ignored by the referee. Anyway, by far the classiest player on view was one Julian Joachim, playing for Boston. I know his best days are behind him, but surely he's better than league 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00