Summer decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

Rob Kelly deservedly imo gets the job until the end of the season. But what happens then? How well do you think he needs to do for the board to give him a 2 or 3 year contract ? If he keeps us up by the skin of the teeth then would that be enough, or should we say thanks but no thanks Rob ? What do you think.?

BTW thats 2K for BB.:icon_bigg Cheers folks:icon_wink

Brauny Blue said:
Rob Kelly deservedly imo gets the job until the end of the season. But what happens then? How well do you think he needs to do for the board to give him a 2 or 3 year contract ? If he keeps us up by the skin of the teeth then would that be enough, or should we say thanks but no thanks Rob ? What do you think.?

Well done BB :icon_wink

Brauny Blue said:

:038: :038: :038:

Brauny Blue said:

Rob Kelly has got us 7 pts clear of relegation. If we only just scrape relegation by the skin of our teeth, then he has got worse. I think we need to escape relegation by 12 or 15 pts for Kelly to keep this job

2,000 :038: :038:

Last edited:
top banana Brauny!
:038:

I personally think this is speculating for speculatings sake. At the minute Rob Kelly is Leicester City Manager and achieving results. Worry about the future if and when that changes.

This is where the club went wrong under Levein. Too much long term planning but little planning for now.

Rob Kelly is Leicester City manager for the forseable future end of story.

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
I personally think this is speculating for speculatings sake. At the minute Rob Kelly is Leicester City Manager and achieving results. Worry about the future if and when that changes.

This is where the club went wrong under Levein. Too much long term planning but little planning for now.

Rob Kelly is Leicester City manager for the forseable future end of story.

I'll second that PK:038: :038:

Please no more speculation re the managers position for a while.......brain hurts again........need beer.......going down pub.........:beer:

I would give Kelly a 12 month rolling contract, he has done well so far, but lets see how we finish the season before deciding, but if he does get the gig on a permanent basis then the above contract would be our best option IMO.

Well done on 2K BB :038: :038: :038:

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I would give Kelly a 12 month rolling contract, he has done well so far, but lets see how we finish the season before deciding, but if he does get the gig on a permanent basis then the above contract would be our best option IMO.

Well done on 2K BB :038: :038: :038:

Thanks for the acknowledgements my fellow TB-ers.

On topic, i have a sneeky that Rob Kelly will not be at the club at the start of next season. I would luv to see it work out for both himself and the football club, but if a new manager steps in the summer then i suspect that RK will be history. Having said that his destiny is in his own hands at the mo, and good luck to him anyway.

Brauny Blue said:
Thanks for the acknowledgements my fellow TB-ers.

On topic, i have a sneeky that Rob Kelly will not be at the club at the start of next season. I would luv to see it work out for both himself and the football club, but if a new manager steps in the summer then i suspect that RK will be history. Having said that his destiny is in his own hands at the mo, and good luck to him anyway.

I suspect you may be right.

However, if Kelly continues to do well, I can't see the point of bringing in another re-cycled failure from the group who are eternally seeking to be associated with vacancies. Unless we can appoint someone a bit special, it may well be best to let him carry on for the long term.

Before the fall of the hapless Levein I was in favour of having a temporary 'consultant' in to provide some support...but when you hear the names of the likes of Jim Smith (for God's sake!), I think it far better to encourage Kelly to battle on with Stowell....I can't see the point in exhuming dead bodies.

Redditch Fox said:
I suspect you may be right.

However, if Kelly continues to do well, I can't see the point of bringing in another re-cycled failure from the group who are eternally seeking to be associated with vacancies. Unless we can appoint someone a bit special, it may well be best to let him carry on for the long term.

Before the fall of the hapless Levein I was in favour of having a temporary 'consultant' in to provide some support...but when you hear the names of the likes of Jim Smith (for God's sake!), I think it far better to encourage Kelly to battle on with Stowell....I can't see the point in exhuming dead bodies.

I tend to agree, Kelly has lifted the gloom that was hanging over the club and barring a disastrous run of results, should be given the opportunity to manage the club next season. He knows this squad of players better than any outsider, he is young, enthusiastic and ambitious, so he fits ideally into the criteira set out by the board.

We can ill afford another season of wholesale changes, which is what is likely to happen under a new manager, Kelly is in a position where he will already know the potential areas that require strengthening and we have already seen that he can motivate this current group. I dont see any advantage in going back out to the market in the summer and risking more money in recruiting another new manager, what we require is stability now, and IMO Kelly can provide this, what I think the board need to concentrate on now is working with Kelly to secure the backroom staff required to enable Kelly to progress and move the club forward.

One step at a time methinks.

RB has had a good start, but he needs to show that he can sustain the confidence and to a certain extent the results. We ain't gonna win all the remaiing matches, its the overall improvement and consistency that needs to be maintained. We need to feel at the end of the season that the last 15-16 matches were in the main good performances and/or results.

Its a big step up and we all need to be sure he is up to it, most of all Rob Kelly.

In the meantime he is the main man, he has done really well so far and he has my loyal support while he has the reins.

"In the meantime he is the main man, he has done really well so far and he has my loyal support while he has the reins."

So you will let him lose more than two in a row before yelling 'Kelly out!' like the fickle boneheads!

Remains to be seen how he can perform in the transfer market, i think RK should appointn himself a director of football to do it for him. Im not sure the board should appoint one though, it needs to be someone RK is happy working with.

Chuck T Masala said:
One step at a time methinks.

RB has had a good start, but he needs to show that he can sustain the confidence and to a certain extent the results. We ain't gonna win all the remaiing matches, its the overall improvement and consistency that needs to be maintained. We need to feel at the end of the season that the last 15-16 matches were in the main good performances and/or results.

Its a big step up and we all need to be sure he is up to it, most of all Rob Kelly.

In the meantime he is the main man, he has done really well so far and he has my loyal support while he has the reins.

Well said Chuck..(Now I've said something nice..) can you change the avatar? Reminds me too much of the kids I taught..God bless their little cotton socks..

:icon_lol: :081: :icon_lol:

To be honest, whilst the results are of paramount importance, the reaction of the players and supporters to Kelly will also have a massive bearing on the decision made in the summer.

Kelly has united the club, take tuesday night for instance, a draw at home to a side in relegation trouble, under Levein would have been greeted with boo's, due to the negative tactics and fustration of what might have been. Yet the atmosphere was full of positivity, the reason being that we had taken the game to Derby, we had been positive and dominated for the majority of the match, the team had also shown great spirit and their work ethic has been superb under Kelly, therefore despite a disappointing result, fans left the ground in a positive frame of mind, knowing that under Kelly, they will see a Leicester side playing with passion, determination and some real quality. It gave me hope that not only will we survive, that next season we can build and over the next season or so as these younger players mature, with Kelly at the helm we can progress and he can extract the performances so many knew this squad could produce.

That will stand Kelly in a great position, I really believe Kelly can take this club forward, and that is based more from the reaction he has got from the players, they are giving everything for this guy, even a squad that is decimated by a virus is getting results and performances that we could have only dreamt of under Levein, so it does prove Kelly can motivate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00