Summer decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
totally agree PFKAKTF FOX your views on this subject r top draw.:038: :038:
PFKAKTF FOX said:
To be honest, whilst the results are of paramount importance, the reaction of the players and supporters to Kelly will also have a massive bearing on the decision made in the summer.

Kelly has united the club, take tuesday night for instance, a draw at home to a side in relegation trouble, under Levein would have been greeted with boo's, due to the negative tactics and fustration of what might have been. Yet the atmosphere was full of positivity, the reason being that we had taken the game to Derby, we had been positive and dominated for the majority of the match, the team had also shown great spirit and their work ethic has been superb under Kelly, therefore despite a disappointing result, fans left the ground in a positive frame of mind, knowing that under Kelly, they will see a Leicester side playing with passion, determination and some real quality. It gave me hope that not only will we survive, that next season we can build and over the next season or so as these younger players mature, with Kelly at the helm we can progress and he can extract the performances so many knew this squad could produce.

That will stand Kelly in a great position, I really believe Kelly can take this club forward, and that is based more from the reaction he has got from the players, they are giving everything for this guy, even a squad that is decimated by a virus is getting results and performances that we could have only dreamt of under Levein, so it does prove Kelly can motivate.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
To be honest, whilst the results are of paramount importance, the reaction of the players and supporters to Kelly will also have a massive bearing on the decision made in the summer.

Kelly has united the club, take tuesday night for instance, a draw at home to a side in relegation trouble, under Levein would have been greeted with boo's, due to the negative tactics and fustration of what might have been. Yet the atmosphere was full of positivity, the reason being that we had taken the game to Derby, we had been positive and dominated for the majority of the match, the team had also shown great spirit and their work ethic has been superb under Kelly, therefore despite a disappointing result, fans left the ground in a positive frame of mind, knowing that under Kelly, they will see a Leicester side playing with passion, determination and some real quality. It gave me hope that not only will we survive, that next season we can build and over the next season or so as these younger players mature, with Kelly at the helm we can progress and he can extract the performances so many knew this squad could produce.

That will stand Kelly in a great position, I really believe Kelly can take this club forward, and that is based more from the reaction he has got from the players, they are giving everything for this guy, even a squad that is decimated by a virus is getting results and performances that we could have only dreamt of under Levein, so it does prove Kelly can motivate.

Quality post PFK.:icon_bigg

IMO we should take more from this game than the 3 wins we had under Kelly. It takes real spirit to battle away for so long against a side that must have still been eyeing up an automatic promotion spot. Its that kind of spitit and belief thats been missing for so long. I feel more optomistic about our future than at anytime in the last 3 years. CL should also take some credit for bringing bright hungry players to the club. His parting shot was that someone would reap the rewards of his time at Leicester and i hope that in future that will be Leveins legacy despite his fall from grace at our club.

Brauny Blue said:
Quality post PFK.:icon_bigg

IMO we should take more from this game than the 3 wins we had under Kelly. It takes real spirit to battle away for so long against a side that must have still been eyeing up an automatic promotion spot. Its that kind of spitit and belief thats been missing for so long. I feel more optomistic about our future than at anytime in the last 3 years. CL should also take some credit for bringing bright hungry players to the club. His parting shot was that someone would reap the rewards of his time at Leicester and i hope that in future that will be Leveins legacy despite his fall from grace at our club.

But CL had no man management skills, this is the same squad of players but they now look as if they want to play. They run and chase the ball down, they look for openings they try to run the game. Under CL this never happened...

Boy Genius said:
But CL had no man management skills, this is the same squad of players but they now look as if they want to play. They run and chase the ball down, they look for openings they try to run the game. Under CL this never happened...

I wouldn't dispute that. But this is Leveins team and on this evidence he knew what players he wanted but wasn't able to get the best out of them. Hume and Fryatt are the fans favourites, and in Fryatt i believe that Levein gave the club a real asset.

Brauny Blue said:
I wouldn't dispute that. But this is Leveins team and on this evidence he knew what players he wanted but wasn't able to get the best out of them. Hume and Fryatt are the fans favourites, and in Fryatt i believe that Levein gave the club a real asset.

It seems to me that there are three main qualities by which managers should be measured:

first, judgement about which players to bring in and to ship out;
second, ability to motivate (through confidence building, pride,ambition, fear or whatever);
third, tactical nous.

I think Levein had some of the first and little or nothing of the second and third.

I think that most balanced observers - that's people like me, of course! - thought we should be hovering in mid-table this season...give the new, younger players time to settle etc.

What Levein achieved was pretty remarkable i.e. stunning under-achievement.

I thought that any half-decent new manager would quickly move us away from trouble - providing he was given sufficient games.

Kelly is doing really well - he has turned things round already - I hope that he really wants the job and goes on from here.

Boy Genius said:

overpaid top quality scout IMO

Steven said:
... or Director of Football. :rolleyes:

on similar subject......our ex director of football described someone as "going down as easy as my daughter" last week, think what you want!

fitz said:
on similar subject......our ex director of football described someone as "going down as easy as my daughter" last week, think what you want!

Bassett..............?

fitz said:
good guess........and who said dave was an idiot!

so his daughter goes down easy eh?

Dont let MK find out...

I worry more about Harry knowing in the first place....:icon_eek:

Toronto said:
Well said Chuck..(Now I've said something nice..) can you change the avatar? Reminds me too much of the kids I taught..God bless their little cotton socks..

:icon_lol: :081: :icon_lol:

Fraid its me trademark, love me or hate me you tend to remember me!!!:icon_lol:

Mike - True Blue Tinter said:
"In the meantime he is the main man, he has done really well so far and he has my loyal support while he has the reins."

So you will let him lose more than two in a row before yelling 'Kelly out!' like the fickle boneheads!

Yes, its implicit if he has the job till the end of the season isnt it? In the end I wanted CL to go simply because we needed to change something and we couldnt change the team much. Things have improved greatly- we have won 3 in a row and drawn two tough games. We have some confidence and some backbone. Its the same sqaud, selected and led differently.The change must have had some effect

However, Rob Kelly by his own admission has things to learn about management and the run in will go along way in helping him. At the end of it both parties will have a better idea of what the right decision for the club is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00