Gigs Summer Festivals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read quite a few rumours about RATM too.

Would be amazing to see, but ****in' nigh on impossible to get tickets, will sell out in record time if it is just them let alone Metallica as well!!

Still wana do Glasto again though, just hopefully this time it doesn't piss it down all the time!!

Glasto for me - need to make it 7 years on the spin really don't I! Also, it won't rain this year because I said so. Leonard Cohen at Glasto would be absolutely incredible as he is one of my heroes.

Deffo doing Leeds this year. Rage are almost certain to be headlining so I would go just for that. Metallica, Kings Of Leon and Kasabian should also be there so there will be loads of madness flying about. Love it.

Leonard Cohen confirmed for Benicassim!

I went in 2006 and I have one bit of advice - do not camp!!!

The festival doesn't finish til 6am, the sun rise is about then, by the time you get to your tent the heat will be unbearable, you won't be able to sleep, by the 2nd day you'll feel so bad its untrue and you'll end up sleeping during the night (when the festival is on).

Find a cheap hotel nearby and rent a car, thats what we did and it was superb, mates who camped hated it, poor organisation, poor transportation to and from the camp sites, campsites opened only when others were full so its a real lottery.

Its a superb festival if you forget camping, it puts the cost up but trust me, when you see the state of the people camping by the Saturday its worth the extra dough!

How much do you think we would be looking at for a hotel? (there will be 3 of us)

Cheers for the info Dunc

How much do you think we would be looking at for a hotel? (there will be 3 of us)

Cheers for the info Dunc

Go on trip advisor and look for the local ones, they'll get booked quite quickly.

We ended up staying out of Benicassim about 30mins up the coastline - the hotel was really nice, but that was because I was with the good lady and she wasn't up for camping - great choice in the end!

Anyway, I think the nearest one is called Orange Hotel or something so have a look - found it - http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_...-Castellon_de_la_Plana_Valencian_Country.html

www.tripadvisor.co.uk

And I think the forum on efestivals and the pages on the official website list some hotels.

The one I stayed at was in Alcoceber which, as i say is about 30-40mins up the road. There were still a fair number of festival goers there though.

Last edited:
I will be going to this one. First festival in a few years

http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/home/index.aspx]Download 08 Donnington

Might be right up Melts street this one
Is it fcuk!!!!

Kiss, Offspring and Lost Prophets headlining FFS!!!!!. I hated KISS the first time around, don't fancy their chances of gaining me as a fan now.

Offspring; like them, should never be headlining though.

Lost Prophets; Desperation.

Judas Priest, Motorhead and Bodom are the only reason I'd go so far, but nowhere near enough for me to fork out £130 for the "pleasure".

Is it fcuk!!!!

Kiss, Offspring and Lost Prophets headlining FFS!!!!!. I hated KISS the first time around, don't fancy their chances of gaining me as a fan now.

Offspring; like them, should never be headlining though.

Lost Prophets; Desperation.

Judas Priest, Motorhead and Bodom are the only reason I'd go so far, but nowhere near enough for me to fork out £130 for the "pleasure".

thats why I will be opting for a day ticket, they will become available soon.

thats why I will be opting for a day ticket, they will become available soon.
Well in my experience of Download, they mix all the bands up that might appeal to a particular genre forcing you into buying the big ticket.

Well in my experience of Download, they mix all the bands up that might appeal to a particular genre forcing you into buying the big ticket.
Might have to call in a few favours to get in the day I want to.

I am only interested in seeing Bodom though

www.summersundae.com

We are very proud to announce the first batch of almost hundred acts that will be appearing at this year's Summer Sundae Weekender (Friday 8th to Sunday 10th August):

SUPERGRASS
THE CORAL - ACOUSTIC SET
SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO - LIVE
ROISIN MURPHY
WHITEST BOY ALIVE
LIGHTSPEED CHAMPION
TOM BAXTER
KING CREOSOTE
OF MONTREAL
NINA NASTASIA
JEFFREY LEWIS
RACHEL UNTHANK
DENGUE FEVER

www.summersundae.com

We are very proud to announce the first batch of almost hundred acts that will be appearing at this year's Summer Sundae Weekender (Friday 8th to Sunday 10th August):

SUPERGRASS
THE CORAL - ACOUSTIC SET
SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO - LIVE
ROISIN MURPHY
WHITEST BOY ALIVE
LIGHTSPEED CHAMPION
TOM BAXTER
KING CREOSOTE
OF MONTREAL
NINA NASTASIA
JEFFREY LEWIS
RACHEL UNTHANK
DENGUE FEVER
Nothing there to tempt me. Apart from my first Dr Who.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669