Sunday Tabloids

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can report that there is no mention of us in any of the national or local press here in New Zealand, although i am yet to give both the Kaikoura and Franz Joseph local rags a thorough going over.

In other news, I dont know where I am, but it's raining sideways.

Ingenting in Afton Bladet, Expressen or the local Nacka & Varmdo Posten...lots of coverage of Zlatan Ibrahimovic's swollen knee though which has about five pages in the sports sections.

I'm guessing that the Swedish media, usually well in tune with the English game, are sitting on the story of Ollie's replacement to maximise coverage and boost newspaper sales when the hullabaloo over the so-called European Championship subsides and they can concentrate on real football issues again... clever cu*ts....

Last edited:
I looked in Izvestia, Pravda, Komsomolskaya Pravda and others too difficult too transliterate - nothing. Have we fallen so low? Only stuff about Gus Hiddinck and a guy called Abramovich. Zippo, zilch.

I looked in Izvestia, Pravda, Komsomolskaya Pravda and others too difficult too transliterate - nothing. Have we fallen so low? Only stuff about Gus Hiddinck and a guy called Abramovich. Zippo, zilch.

However, I understand that the Bucks Free Press may be publishing a pull out supplement.

The Melton Times is running a back page story about Stuart Broad's performance witht he bat at Old Trafford, and some kid representing GB in Karate.

No mention of Holloway, or his successor.

TBF, it was released on Thursday, so I expect next weeks to run a series of probing articles*.

*Not the type of "probing articles" that Highland uses.

It's slipped passed the sports editor at the Manx Independent and the Isle of Man examiner - aparently 30000 people coming to the island to watch 200 motorbikes charge round a 30 mile course at an average of 120mph giving the island world wide recognition and keeping the local economy afloat is more important than the hunt for Leicesters new manager. I for one won't be renewing my subscription.

I can report exactly the same in practical fishkeeping
I haven't written an article in there for a few years.

Keep an eye out though manx, I will endeaviour to try and slip one through :icon_wink

This is getting silly now - you all know perfectly well that the journals to which you refer do not normally cover Leicester city news items anyway.

Whereas from High Wycome to Bracknell and from Buckingham to Dunstable the good folks of middle England have been brought up on a weekly in depth digest of all Foxes related items - through the extensive coverage of the Bucks Free Press.

This is getting silly now - you all know perfectly well that the journals to which you refer do not normally cover Leicester city news items anyway
I wouldn't be too sure, Redditch.

I once was wrote an article in Practical Fishkeeping about the shit that lies at the bottom. I could have just swapped a few words around and it would have been published in The Mercury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46