sundays news of the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feck off News of the World, until its in the Sport dont believe a thing.

Hope this story i just bullshit.
As funny as some of his interviews are a terrible footballing decision.

If this unlikely story turns out to be true then the board have gone for the cheaper option (ie QPR demanding less compo)

Iwould have offerred Luton a good deal based on us staying up, therefore paying them at the end of the season when we get the extra Connolly money.

My money is still on Newell (Lutons poor performance yesterday suggest to me that he has broke the news to the players!)

The board cannot afford another wrong appointment after Levein or its them who will be the next group to come under pressure

Last edited:
The counter point to this story.

Source

Leicester continue manager search
By Sarah Holt

_41290520_levein_203.jpg

Craig Levein
Levein lost 26, drew 26 and won 20 of his 72 games in charge of Leicester

Leicester are still "some way" from finding a replacement for sacked manager Craig Levein, club chairman Jim McCahill has told BBC Sport.

Levein's 14-month spell in charge ended on 25 January with the Foxes facing relegation from the Championship.

"We are some way away yet from making a decision," McCahill said.

"By the end of next week we hope to be concentrating on the last two or three recommended candidates but I can't comment on any individuals."

Burnley boss Steve Cotterill has turned down an approach from Leicester while Preston did likewise when their manager Billy Davies was targeted.

Notts County manager Gudjon Thordarson, QPR boss Ian Holloway and Luton manager Mike Newell have all been linked with the post.

The former Blackburn coach lost his first two games at the helm but saw the Foxes take a vital three points at QPR.

If Kelly builds up a run of results, McCahill said he could find himself in the position over the long-term.

"We mustn't forget Rob Kelly is doing a good job," said McCahill.

"We've not ruled out Rob continuing to the end of the season with extra support from an experienced coach or manager.

"The longer results go our way the more it takes away the urgency of making an appointment.

"However, from the time Craig left our priority has been to preserve our Championship status and we know we need to sort the manager's position out."

FFS, I don't want him either but some of you are majorly over reacting. Nothing like giving the guy a chance hey!!!!

Duzza said:
FFS, I don't want him either but some of you are majorly over reacting. Nothing like giving the guy a chance hey!!!!

So you would welcome Warnock, Souness, Reid et al with open arms then. ;)

Duzza said:

Sorry mate, but there is no way I would give that Guy a chance here, he is a disgrace, I do not want to see our club dragged through anymore shit and after witnessing one of the most disgraceful cheating and thuggish performances then there is no way I want to see him here, the guy is a cuuuuunnnnnt and a tvvat.

By the way how's it going mate, has the joint application been submitted to Timmy yet ?

Last edited:
I can understand the feelings towards Holloway but if the unthinkable happens what are we going to do support someone else???

You know you won't be able to give up the drug that is football and the "pleasure" you get from supporting you team so we'll just have to grin and bear it and get ready to either eat humble pie or take pleasure in saying I told you so..

As a kid I hated the idea of Gordon Milne but he turned out ok...

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Sorry mate, but there is no way I would give that Guy a chance here, he is a disgrace, I do not want to see our club dragged through anymore shit and after witnessing one of the most disgraceful cheating and thuggish performances then there is no way I want to see him here, the guy is a cuuuuunnnnnt and a tvvat.

By the way how's it going mate, has the joint application been submitted to Timmy yet ?

It's in. Thrown there plan in to turmoil apparently. Interview is Tomorrow if you can make it?? Tim said to meet him and Jim at 'Company' in Dublin. Bit of a strange one but I guess they want to keep it hush hush. :icon_roll

Last edited:
Duzza said:
It's in. Thrown there plan in to turmoil apparently. Interview is Tomorrow if you can mame it?? Tim said to meet him and Jim at 'Company' in Dublin. Bit of a strange one but I guess they want to keep it hush hush. :icon_roll

Which bit do they want to keep quiet, the fact there we are in for the job, or the fact that they regularly visit the fetish nights at above mentioned establishment ?

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Which bit do they want to keep quiet, the fact there we are in for the job, or the fact that they regularly visit the fetish nights at above mentioned establishment ?

Both I guess. Tim reckons an expensive bottle of lube could swing it for us :biggrin:

Fox From The Hudd said:
I can understand the feelings towards Holloway but if the unthinkable happens what are we going to do support someone else???

You know you won't be able to give up the drug that is football and the "pleasure" you get from supporting you team so we'll just have to grin and bear it and get ready to either eat humble pie or take pleasure in saying I told you so..

As a kid I hated the idea of Gordon Milne but he turned out ok...

I certainly would not support another team, but I would not spend hard earned cash watching a team managed by a manager who conducts himself in the manner Holloway did at the Walkers in September. The thing is I do have a choice, and if the board were to appoint this man as manager then I would exercise that right and stop going.

I will not assist in paying the wages of a man I have no respect for and for a man who would drag the name of Leicester City through the mud, with his thuggish tactics and his embarrasing antics on the touchline, especially when we have a man who is currently in the job, albeit in a temporary capacity, who is getting results and acting with diginity.

Last edited:
I respect your views and can tell how emotional you are on this issue let's hope it's standard NOTW bulls*it....

A few thoughts of Bruce Foxton from 1978 to lighten the mood..

"The truth is in what you see - not what you read
Little men tapping things out - points of view
Remember their views are not the gospel truth

Don't believe it all
Find out for yourself
Check before you spread
News of the world

Never doubt
Never ask
Never moan
Never search
Never find
Never know

Each morning our key to the world comes through the door
More than often its just a comic, not much more
Don't take it too serious - not many do
Read between the lines and you'll find the truth"

Last edited:
Duzza said:
It's in. Thrown there plan in to turmoil apparently. Interview is Tomorrow if you can make it??

First Gay couple to manage a Football team ?

Holloway suspended and put on gardening leave.
because of poor results and the speculation surrounding him and leicester...

please god no please no no no no
:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

The NOTW is full of shit. Danni Minogue is a filthy little hussy though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675