Sunderland match on New Year's Day - rail strike warning!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
MORE THAN 550 senior conductors at Central Trains are to strike on Christmas
Eve, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day in disputes over the imposition of
centralised rostering and arrangements for Christmas and New Year payments,
Britain's biggest rail union said today.

If you were intending to come by train, might be as well if you started to think about alternative ways of getting to the match.

That's lucky, it gives them the Christmas bank holidays off work

That's lucky, it gives them the Christmas bank holidays off work

With MML staff being on a similar deal, I'm surprised that they haven't pulled the same stunt.

Spoke to someone from RMT yesterday - they were not optimistic.

Just walk you lazy bastards. :icon_roll

With MML staff being on a similar deal, I'm surprised that they haven't pulled the same stunt.

Seems you spoke too soon - nationalrail.co.uk/service_bulletins/today.html (I can't post links because I'm a dirty lurker, and haven't enough posts yet)

Industrial action affecting Midland Mainline on 24 December, 31 December and 1 January

Time Reported: 18 Dec 12:26
Route Affected: All services operated by Midland Mainline

Speaking to a bloke who knows about these things last night. He says that Central Trains have given up any thought of running trains on these dates - replacement buses already arranged. He thinks MML will be able to run some kind of a service - probably a late start to the day, an early finish and possibly as little as half the normal Sunday service with trains stopping at all stations.

Speaking to a bloke who knows about these things last night. He says that Central Trains have given up any thought of running trains on these dates - replacement buses already arranged. He thinks MML will be able to run some kind of a service - probably a late start to the day, an early finish and possibly as little as half the normal Sunday service with trains stopping at all stations.

Bugger!

As the strike is just Central Trains you should still be able to get here by using Virgin to Derby, then MML to Leicester.

That would be the only practical route from Tamworth to Leicester on New Year's Day anyway. The West Coast Main Line is closed between Rugby and Stafford and there are no trains between Coventry and Leicester because of engineering work in the Nuneaton area. No point in taking a bus to catch another bus when there's a valid alternative route.

On the positive side, however, I am pleased to be able to report that the wheeze for getting reasonably priced rail tickets for the Fulham game has worked. LB will be leaving StP at 11:30, returning on the 18:40 - £18, including PAT.

Just heard on Radio 5 Live that the proposed strikes on Christmas and New Year's Day have been called off. :102:

Not that it will really affect me that much...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669