Match Thread Sunderland v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great stuff! The Foxy 11 as ever! COYF!

Sky and BBC both have Chilwell as sub rather than Schlupp.

Dyer instead of Wasyl as well.

edit: beaten to it.

Souness going on about how we have been scraping through matches recently and he fancies Spurs for the title, suggesting we won't be able to take a defeat.

And I notice that in the Sunday Times he has left out Mahrez from his team of the season, has 5 Spurs players and just Vardy from LCFC. Hilarious.

Souness going on about how we have been scraping through matches recently and he fancies Spurs for the title, suggesting we won't be able to take a defeat.

And I notice that in the Sunday Times he has left out Mahrez from his team of the season, has 5 Spurs players and just Vardy from LCFC. Hilarious.
And yet sometimes he talks and it makes sense.

I like Souness. He often talks great sense.

We don't need to be offended by pundits that prefer other teams/players. In fact, a smattering of them is good for us.

I like Souness. He often talks great sense.

We don't need to be offended by pundits that prefer other teams/players. In fact, a smattering of them is good for us.

He talks sense? Have you seen his team of the season?

He talks sense? Have you seen his team of the season?

There are several pundits that have some history with Ranieri from his time at Chelsea. I think Ray Wilkins openly admits that he doesn't like him for example. Any top level manager with many years of battles won and lost will have gathered up a lot of people that don't like him.

Maybe Souness had a spat with him. I vaguely recall him being manager at Blackburn when Ranieri was at Chelsea so they'd have clashed. I do remember Souness trying to angle for the Chelsea job around 2003 time which could have caused some bitterness.

Lots of football people don't like each other. It's not worth getting your knickers in a twist about. Loads of pundits can make total sense about one player/manager/team and utter drivel about another because of some bias.

I put Allardyce's comments about us being lucky down to his friendship with Pearson for example.

Well this is new - I'm nervous.

nervous-gif.gif

There are several pundits that have some history with Ranieri from his time at Chelsea. I think Ray Wilkins openly admits that he doesn't like him for example. Any top level manager with many years of battles won and lost will have gathered up a lot of people that don't like him.

Maybe Souness had a spat with him. I vaguely recall him being manager at Blackburn when Ranieri was at Chelsea so they'd have clashed. I do remember Souness trying to angle for the Chelsea job around 2003 time which could have caused some bitterness.

Lots of football people don't like each other. It's not worth getting your knickers in a twist about. Loads of pundits can make total sense about one player/manager/team and utter drivel about another.
But surely if you are a pundit presumably employed to report the facts and analyse teams it should be impossible for someone to leave Mahrez out of a team of the season?

But surely if you are a pundit presumably employed to report the facts and analyse teams it should be impossible for someone to leave Mahrez out of a team of the season?

I don't know the team he picked but he's entitled to his opinion isn't he?

There is a lot of difference between the best eleven players and the best team as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669