Super Joey

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortwavefox

From what i could see, i thought Joey had one of his best games in a blue shirt yesterday, and i especially loved the way he stood up to Dick-head, any agree???? :-D :-D :-D :-D

I was impressed with Joey today. It didn't look like he had any future earler in the season, but he was effective today and is proving to be an important part of the team. With Kisnorbo coming in the summer, we'll also have competition in that position next season too, so things are looking up (a bit).

For me Joey has been outstanding in some of his latest games. I cannot believe he has not been geting more credit for this.

At Charlton he was the best player on the pitch. Reminded me of Lennon at his best. Then at Stoke he also played very well, and scored.

Yesterday he was good again.

Maybe his game is more suited to Premiership opposition?

Agreed,

I thought Gudjonnson & Williams were our 2 best players on the day.

He's turning in to a fabulous player... Just wish Hughes had started in stead of Nalis...

shortwavefox said:
From what i could see, i thought Joey had one of his best games in a blue shirt yesterday, and i especially loved the way he stood up to Dick-head, any agree???? :-D :-D :-D :-D
Shame he was wearing the "fosse gold" shirt tho. :D :p

I really don't rate Gudjonnson at all and he always seems to run away from goal even when he's under no pressure and in his half, he does stupid needless fouls and lazy passes. Although he did have one of his better days yesterday I think he was distinctly below average but probably wasn't our worst player I'd have to give that to Lil.

Sam said:
I really don't rate Gudjonnson at all and he always seems to run away from goal even when he's under no pressure and in his half, he does stupid needless fouls and lazy passes. Although he did have one of his better days yesterday I think he was distinctly below average but probably wasn't our worst player I'd have to give that to Lil.

I second that. I'd rather have Tiatto as the holding player in the middle of midfield with either Williams or Hughes or both if their playing 5 in midfield with Stewart Left Midfield and Maybury playing Left back and Kenton Right back. God knows why he played Nalis on Sunday instead of Hughes. I would like to see Dabizas, De Vries, Nalis, and Gudjonnsson dropped for Watford.

Leicester fan said:
Sam said:

I second that. I'd rather have Tiatto as the holding player in the middle of midfield with either Williams or Hughes or both if their playing 5 in midfield with Stewart Left Midfield and Maybury playing Left back and Kenton Right back. God knows why he played Nalis on Sunday instead of Hughes. I would like to see Dabizas, De Vries, Nalis, and Gudjonnsson dropped for Watford.

I disagree with both of these posts. Firstly if Tiatto was to play the holding role then I would expect him to commit more needless fouls than Gudjohnson. As an example lets take the Blackburn game. Tiatto running to close down Nelson who was about to concede a throw-in right by his own corner flag. What does Danny do? He commits a 'needless' foul which gives Balcburn a free-kick instead of a set-play to City in a dangerous area.

I do believe that Tiatto has been our most consistent player over the course of the whole season. He had a very good start to the season. However his performances have dropped off of late and he hasnt got the composure or intelligence to play the holding role as good as Joey has of late. I also agree that Joey was poor at the start of the season. We signed him late in the close season and i suspect he was no way near 100% fit as his pre-season was uncertain. However, in my opinion, recently he has been our best player and if he contnues in that vain it wont be long before a premiership club start to take an interest, after all he is still young and can only get better.

There, i feel better now.....!!

p.s. i agree that Nalis is not as good as either of them and will not be bothered to see him leave in the summer.

Regards

TVFA

Good post TVFA

I totally agree with your comments regarding Joey, he has steadily improved over the last few months and IMO should be one of the first names down on the team sheet. Shame it's taken him 3/4 of the season to start to shine!

I think Tiatto really hasn't been upto his best for the last few months, some of his passing has been shocking. As for Nalis, thanks for the outstanding performance against Barca and the awesome goal against Leeds, but I feel he doesn't even deserve to be in the squad anymore.

... is another one that has improved under CL. :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen: :smt023

Leicester fan said:
Sam said:

joey has been one of our best players recently, i think he had been brilliant. he has been putting in high engergetic performances' closing the oposition down quickly and putting them under pressure (similar to what savage did for us) as well as this he has got a beast of a shot on him, great strike @ blackpool to start the cup run off. his passing is also of a high standard and his skill isn't to bad either. i wud not be slating this player as i and a lot of others see him as a player easily capable of playing in the prem, and is one who can lead us back to the premiership next season hopefully. so all together now:

OLE OLE, OLE OLE, JOEY GUD-JON-SON, JOEY GUD-JON-SON

his passing is also of a high standard

:? :? :?

His distribution is woeful. Truly woeful

But apart from that he has improved tremendously

LS6_Fox said:
Steven said:
... is another one that has improved under CL. :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen: :smt023

As have: Dabizas, Stewart, Williams and Gillespie IMO

:-D

Agreed. :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

It is understandable that people don't rate Gudjonnson, because he is the sort of player who has been given the dirty work that isn't flashy, glamorous nor pretty. He just sits in front of the back four and get rid of any danger, boots it, hoofs it, anything, just get rid of the ball in our final third.
It's kinda like Makelele at Chelsea, everyone raves about Robben, Duff, Lampard, Cole because they score, they take players on, they have all the flashy skills, but Makelele mops up all the pressure on the defense and just sits there and does his job quietly, doesn't receive credit that he deserves.
Same as Joey. Tiatto chases everything, Gillespie takes players on, Williams gets into the box, Hughes picks the perfect pass, and then there is Joey who sits behind them and soak up the pressure.
IMO Joey has really improved alot since CL has taken over and deserves more credit than he gets.

homer said:
his passing is also of a high standard

:? :? :?

His distribution is woeful. Truly woeful

But apart from that he has improved tremendously

well it was a 100x better than dublin's distribution, he hit the ball out for a throw vertually everytime he played a long ball in the first half but no1 criticises him. Joey is an excellent player even if his passing isn't as good as previously stated but the rest of his game makes up for it easily

What about his shooting. People are saying that his distribution is woeful and his shooting definately is yet every is saying he is brilliant.

Leicester fan said:
What about his shooting. People are saying that his distribution is woeful and his shooting definately is yet every is saying he is brilliant.

his shooting? Well because of the position he plays the only opportunity he gets is from distance. With that restriction on him he is not going to hit the target every time when he is a long way out and being closed down.

When we signed him my first thoughts were ' i remember him scoring a great goal for Villa from distance' He's done the same here....Blackpool...Stoke. I've seen him put through on a one on one situation with the keeper once all season.. he scored..at Crewe. In fact he is close to being our top scorer...... and he's a defensive midfielder?!!!!!

I tell you what, lets tell him not to shoot because his shooting is woeful. That would increase our chances of ending our goal rout eh? I'm certain that CL will be urging him to shoot whenever he can at the moment, no matter how far out he is.

Now for your second point about his passing. Who (apart from homer) is saying his passing is woeful? Agreed sometimes his passing is not good. The cross at Blackburn in the first half is an example. But i have also seen him spray some inch-perfect cross-field balls. I would not describe his passing as woeful personally.

As you can tell, i'm digging Joey right now. He is the closest thing we have had to Lennon since he left. He has a long way to go however to equal my opinion of what Lenny did for us.....

Regards

TVFA[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673