Support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Smith

So we have 16,000+ Season Ticket Holders
22,000+ turned up today
1,500 from Watford?
500 - 1000 freebies given away?

I would imagine that around 4,000 matchday tickets were sold for todays game. Anyone else think that the club should admit that they have their pricing policy totally wrong?

Mind you more 'fans' means more booing I suppose, 4 games into the season! Tut tut...

I didn't boo today but I can symathise with people that did! The way we played was unforgivable!

As of yet we have not looked better than any side in this divsion. I've been to all 4 matches this season and I am seriously concerned about our premotion propects!

We were shit again granted. But I don't see a way out of the rat hole that we are in unless the fans, the players and mickey are together.

Bobby Smith said:
22,000+ turned up today
1,500 from Watford?

I would imagine that around 4,000 matchday tickets were sold for todays game. Anyone else think that the club should admit that they have their pricing policy totally wrong?

Mind you more 'fans' means more booing I suppose, 4 games into the season! Tut tut...

We have to realise it is a consumer society nowadays and if the product is not up to scratch then people will not come. :roll:

They should be giving refunds after that performance!

Steven said:
Bobby Smith said:
22,000+ turned up today
1,500 from Watford?

We have to realise it is a consumer society nowadays and if the product is not up to scratch then people will not come. :roll:

Selling 16,000 STs was pretty good in the circumstances - the real problem for the club would come next season if things dont improve when I think ST sales would really plummet- I guess they can live with attendences of 22,000 for the likes of Watford with the prospect of circa 26,000 for the more attractive fixtures.

The support was awful - worst since Bristol City in the FA Cup...really poor.

alex said:

And that is exactly the reason why people are venting their fustrations today, if we were putting in anything like a decent performance then the fans would still turn up. IMO yesterday was partly cos it was Watford and partly cos of the performances so far. MA has to address this, we have good footballers in our team but we continually pump it forward but where as 2 seasons ago we were winning matches, at present we are not. A lot of fans IMO turning up hoping to see more attractive fluent football following the new signings but hasnt yet materialised plus we are not winning either fickle I know but thats the way of the world.

It also helped last time we were here, that many games were massively promoted and discounted, this must be done this term.

We will play better football, we just need a bit of time/confidence, IMO.

The club have got pricing totally wrong, i am not going to fork out £30 to watch a first divison side play every couple of weeks. It just seems to me that the club is only out to rip off the fans and only 22,000 turning out is the fans way of saying enough is enough.

And the club know with the right pricing they could fill the stadium week in week out

Keep the Faith said:
alex said:

And that is exactly the reason why people are venting their fustrations today, if we were putting in anything like a decent performance then the fans would still turn up. IMO yesterday was partly cos it was Watford and partly cos of the performances so far. MA has to address this, we have good footballers in our team but we continually pump it forward but where as 2 seasons ago we were winning matches, at present we are not. A lot of fans IMO turning up hoping to see more attractive fluent football following the new signings but hasnt yet materialised plus we are not winning either fickle I know but thats the way of the world.

Football's no different from any other form of paid-for entertainment in that there will always be diehards who will attend whatever, but many others want to feel good as a result of paying their money.

Be it a restaurant, a concert, a film of football people don't want to pay good money for a sub-standard offering.

In football another big factor is fear. Managers are paid such ludicrous sums in relation to their talent that, understandably, they want to stay aboard the gravy train as long as possible.

Consequently instead of a policy of developing teams intent on attacking football there's the philosophy of "score and stick" whereby that team's first goal leads to an all-out defensive strategy geared to spoiling and frustrating the opposition rather than scoring again.

Arsene Wenger, Sir Alex, Harry Redknapp and it seems the newcomer Paul Merson appear to be among the few who believe that football is not only about winning points but winning fans through the way they play and if Leicester start to change their policy in this direction they might get some of the fans back.

Historically, City have usually been well supported in the second-top division but the management have got to give the fans something to get excited about. No goals at home twice running is not something to get excited about. Don't the staff and directors understand this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363