Supporter Message: Roadworks

Brown Nose

JJust when you thought that going to the KP couldn't get any more thrilling . . .

IMPORTANT SUPPORTER INFORMATION: MAJOR ROADWORKS IN PLACE

Leicester City Football Club would like to make supporters aware of major roadworks taking place on Raw Dykes Road and Upperton Road, near to King Power Stadium.

- Roadworks near King Power Stadium are likely to cause significant delays to supporters and general public
- Major works on Raw Dykes Road and Upperton Road are to take place for a minimum of 40 weeks
- Supporters are encouraged to factor additional time into their journey

Initial works to this area started on Monday 27 February, with off-peak hours in place this week from 9:30am – 3:30pm, before full-time works begin on Monday 6 March for a minimum of 40 weeks.

These works, which are located on junction connecting Upperton Road and Raw Dykes Road, are likely to cause significant delays, both on matchdays and during the week, with driving lanes reduced to one lane each way. Please note there will also be reduced footpath width for pedestrians during the week, however this be reverted to full width on home matchdays.

The works on Upperton Road are in addition to the ongoing works and creation of new cycle lanes on Aylestone Road, which are due to be completed in October.

Supporters planning to visit King Power Stadium along either of these routes are advised to factor additional travel time into their journey, car share or utilise alternative modes of transport.

LCFC

JJust when you thought that going to the KP couldn't get any more thrilling . . .

IMPORTANT SUPPORTER INFORMATION: MAJOR ROADWORKS IN PLACE

Leicester City Football Club would like to make supporters aware of major roadworks taking place on Raw Dykes Road and Upperton Road, near to King Power Stadium.

- Roadworks near King Power Stadium are likely to cause significant delays to supporters and general public
- Major works on Raw Dykes Road and Upperton Road are to take place for a minimum of 40 weeks
- Supporters are encouraged to factor additional time into their journey

Initial works to this area started on Monday 27 February, with off-peak hours in place this week from 9:30am – 3:30pm, before full-time works begin on Monday 6 March for a minimum of 40 weeks.

These works, which are located on junction connecting Upperton Road and Raw Dykes Road, are likely to cause significant delays, both on matchdays and during the week, with driving lanes reduced to one lane each way. Please note there will also be reduced footpath width for pedestrians during the week, however this be reverted to full width on home matchdays.

The works on Upperton Road are in addition to the ongoing works and creation of new cycle lanes on Aylestone Road, which are due to be completed in October.

Supporters planning to visit King Power Stadium along either of these routes are advised to factor additional travel time into their journey, car share or utilise alternative modes of transport.

LCFC
I'll watch these. It'll be far more interesting than the ****ing match.

I always find it ****ing depressing how bad we are in this country at building and infrastructure projects.

I was in Vietnam in October and driving on roads as they were being resurfaced, was incredible.

Seems about half the people on here have been to Vietnam. Is it the new Thailand? No wonder King Power have lost a lot of worth.

I always find it ****ing depressing how bad we are in this country at building and infrastructure projects.

I was in Vietnam in October and driving on roads as they were being resurfaced, was incredible.
Leicester is an awful city for it. The A6 has roadworks on it for 52 weeks to build one small roundabout.

No wonder HS2 was ****ed from the start.

Some of us remember when it was commonplace in this country. And then H&S came to the fore.

Same as when there's an RTA on the roads in Europe they just drag everything out of the way and crack on.

The plastic highways here have to shut every road in a 10 mile radius for a puncture, then have the matrix signs given out incorrect information 25 miles afterwards usually with a speed limit of 40mph especially by the cameras

Don't blame workers wanting to get home safely on the historic under investment by successive governments
I don't think I did.

Let's just get one thing clear. Health and Safety is not by any stretch of the imagination a bad thing. The application of it is the problem.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463