Sven on the moan in

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummindefender

Yuki Abe-not taking free kicks as he is not as good as others

Fryatt-said he didn't want to leave on loan as he wants to fight for his place. Sven says we haven't seen the best, and still might get a chance, but may leave in Jan if not happy

Also the owners want a big name signing but nobody wants to drop down to our division.
Sven enquired with Beckham's agent but he turned us down, as Sven thought he would.

I gather he said something about not being interested in the Newcastle job too?

I thought the most interesting thing was the discussion about formation

Sven said the reason he doesn't play 4-4-2 is because the central midfielders we have aren't physical enough. therefore he plays a midfield 3 because it gives us an extra man in the middle of the park, and allows Abe Wellens and King to show off their technical ability.

I thought the most interesting thing was the discussion about formation

Sven said the reason he doesn't play 4-4-2 is because the central midfielders we have aren't physical enough. therefore he plays a midfield 3 because it gives us an extra man in the middle of the park, and allows Abe Wellens and King to show off their technical ability.

Wouldn't playing 3 in the middle involve more physical players anyway?:102:

:icon_lol:

Yes

"And I think they're rather good".

Honestly I don't think considering the form we've had since he came in, anyone can question Sven. It's not really fair to blame him for a momentary lack of defensive awareness and a total goalkeeping f**k-up which were of course the goals on Saturday. He'll sort it. Just a little time...

Last edited:
"And I think they're rather good".

Honestly I don't think considering the form we've had since he came in, anyone can question Sven. It's not really fair to blame him for a momentary lack of defensive awareness and a total goalkeeping f**k-up which were of course the goals on Saturday. He'll sort it. Just a little time...

I am not questioning Svens class as a manager, I just thought with 3 in the middle speeds the game up and would involve more physical players, but if Sven says it doesn't Sven is right

I am not questioning Svens class as a manager, I just thought with 3 in the middle speeds the game up and would involve more physical players, but if Sven says it doesn't Sven is right

He's basically saying saying King is a lightweight, we can't leave him out because he scores so many, but he isn't physical/dominant enough to be in the middle of the park as a two. Having Wellens and Abe allows us to have the luxury of king.... something we've all known for a while!!

Not sure why you think having a three would involve more physical players. If you have three people in the space usually taken up by two they should in theory have less ground to cover, less tackles to make, less players to pick up etc as the responsibility it passed around a bit more.

Last edited:
He said his favourite colours are blue and yellow, he loves meatballs, and he likes to play a flat-pack four.....

Its a pity he spent half the hour talking about England, thanks to the stupid questions the muppets in the studio kept asking him.
Radio Leicester really are clueless sometimes, here we had our new high profile manager in the hotseat and taking questions and the presenters wanted to talk about England when no doubt there were numerous calls/texts/e-mails from City fans unanswered.

Its a pity he spent half the hour talking about England, thanks to the stupid questions the muppets in the studio kept asking him.
Radio Leicester really are clueless sometimes, here we had our new high profile manager in the hotseat and taking questions and the presenters wanted to talk about England when no doubt there were numerous calls/texts/e-mails from City fans unanswered.

Probably looking for that 'big' story or revelation. They're rubbish.

I couldnt believe it when Sringer asked him if Leicester was gonna be his last job as though he was that old.
What a cock he is, some of his other questions must have Sven wondering "good grief have I to put up with this numpty for the next nearly 2 years"

He was talking about City/tactics/players etc and then Stringer says I'm sure that the listeners want to hear about his time at England. ehhh noooo we don't!!!!

He was talking about City/tactics/players etc and then Stringer says I'm sure that the listeners want to hear about his time at England. ehhh noooo we don't!!!!

I am talking out of my proverbial orifice (no change there then) but, to be fair, they do have to entertain the whole RL audience, not just the intelligent ones who support Leicester City. :102:

Look, its BBC Radio Leicester, a provincial radio station. You can't expect it to be edgy, street or controversial, you can't really expect it to be any good really either. Its the law. Provincial Radio does traffic, weather and funny shaped vegetables. Its just so. I don't like it either, but my Mother-in Law loves listening to the inane chatter.

Having said all of that Stringer is a willy extremis and should be shot.

He's basically saying saying King is a lightweight, we can't leave him out because he scores so many, but he isn't physical/dominant enough to be in the middle of the park as a two. Having Wellens and Abe allows us to have the luxury of king.... something we've all known for a while!!

The Chelsea model with King as Lampard basically. Unfortunately I'm not convinced we have a striker in the mold of Drogba (relatively speaking).

But the pacey fullbacks certainly fit the system, as well as the use of the sort of hybrid winger/striker that Sven is employing with Gally and Vassell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670