Sven will be at the WC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sven just seems to have this habit of falling on his feet and always finding big paying jobs!

Heard he will be paid around 600K for one months work at the World Cup!

Can't see them getting out there group even with Sven as manager.

I think they'll get through instead of Portugal. They've got a good team (I'd say probably better than Portugal's anyway) and the climate should favour them

I think they'll get through instead of Portugal. They've got a good team (I'd say probably better than Portugal's anyway) and the climate should favour them

I would have thought that the climate in South Africa is by and large much more like that in Portugal than in tropical West Africa

I would have thought that the climate in South Africa is by and large much more like that in Portugal than in tropical West Africa

Probably, I talk shit a lot.

Even so, Ivory Coast are better than Portugal I think. If Sven can get them organised, seeing as he's going to have to name his provisional World Cup squad without ever taking charge of a game I guess, then I can see them doing well.

Get rid of Ronaldo and Portugal aren't all that.

Sven just seems to have this habit of falling on his feet and always finding big paying jobs!

Heard he will be paid around 600K for one months work at the World Cup!

Because he's a great manager? :102:

He has had a great career but he's hardly achieved anything in his past four jobs.

At Nazio he won shit loads, dunno how you can say he hardly achieved anything there.

A bit harsh to say he didn't achieve anything at England either, I think he did an excellent job for us. 4 straight quarter finals is unwarranted. Probably our most successful manager since Sir Alf.

He did an excellent job at ManCity too, until he got sacked because his chairman was nuts.

Mexico he didn't do well, I'll agree though.

Last edited:
3 and one of the tournaments, you have a 50% chance of getting there.

Still more than anyone since Sir Alf, including Bobby Robson achieved though.

Last edited:
Disagree....leaving out the Euro 88 farce.

Semi-finals and a quarter final at a World Cup.

But the semi-finals were down to a lucky win against a shite Cameroon side. If Sven had got that instead of against Brazil and Portugal we would've gone through easy imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566