Swansea captain slags off Sousa

Status
Not open for further replies.
...We were outplayed by Swansea first half and trailled them. However, as the game progressed we were clearly fitter and eventually overturned them.

Interesting. I thought all those double teapots and puffed-out cheeks were because they were playing at altitude.

If you search the internet for Swansea fans/players views of life under Sousa, a regular complaint was the lack of organised training and fitness. I've also seen similar comments from QPR. Following the first couple of training sessions at Leicester, both Gallagher and another player (Hobbs?) were interviewed and talked about how different training was and the emphasis was all on the ball and not fitness levels.

A prime example of how this can affect things is the first game of last season. We were outplayed by Swansea first half and trailled them. However, as the game progressed we were clearly fitter and eventually overturned them.

And they beat us at their place. Honours even.

What a very British attitude. The basis of his argument seems to be that training was not all about running until you drop and then lifting a few weights!

If Sousa cuts this and gets our players comfortable upon the ball, we will be as poor, at football, as the Spanish national team.

I worry about fitness, I must admit. The preseason should be about getting players fully fit, the ball work can come once the season is underway and the games do half the work in keeping the players fit.

I remember Matty Elliott playing about a stone overweight during Taylor's last season. Unacceptable, and let's hope we don't see similar issues this year.

That said, I won't rush to judgement yet. Let's see how they look first!

I worry about fitness, I must admit. The preseason should be about getting players fully fit, the ball work can come once the season is underway and the games do half the work in keeping the players fit.

I remember Matty Elliott playing about a stone overweight during Taylor's last season. Unacceptable, and let's hope we don't see similar issues this year.

That said, I won't rush to judgement yet. Let's see how they look first!

Sousa looks well fit! (IANGW) :icon_wink

agree on the fitness concerns, it is particurly worrying when our own players are saying training is easier.

If this bloke was captian under PS's reign at Swansea, and he thinks he wasn't fit enough or others weren't, then I don't think he was much of a captain.
Some City players have supposedly said that there is less emphasis on fitness more ball work. They never said there's no fitness work!
Akinbiyi was a very fit (athletically) player. but couldn't hit a cow's' arse with a banjo. If he'd had spent a little more time on ball work than fitness, life might have been a lot different under the Taylor regime.

May I ask where this feeling of training being 'easier' has arisen from?

If you search the internet for Swansea fans/players views of life under Sousa, a regular complaint was the lack of organised training and fitness...........

Stopped reading after that first bit cos tbh I don't actually give a toss what the Swansea lot said or are saying.

They were obviously that unfit they reached their highest position last season.

Bitter, twisted sheep shagging wassocks.

agree on the fitness concerns, it is particurly worrying when our own players are saying training is easier.

Who said it was easier? In his interview with the OS Gallagher says it's hard work!

Maybe I'm not reading into it enough- if they're training properly then obviously they wouldn't have time for interviews!

Random rumours about a lack of fitness with no proof. Sousa Out!

Paulo is a young manager has managed for a short time at two clubs. He seems intelligent and hopefully will have learned from any mistakes he made at those clubs.

If the pre-season at Swansea was not intense enough and they lacked stamina then surely he will be aware of this. If he was not aware of that opinion before then he will be aware of it now. He will certainly be more aware of the demands of a Championship season than he was when he started at Swansea.

I do find this whole interview unpleasant. Gary Monk should have made his comments in private when Paulo was manager there and not criticized someone who is now at another club.

If Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers is a student of History I commend to him the story of King ****. At the Battle of Ashingdon Eadric Streona betrayed his old boss Edmund II in favour of the rising power of **** giving **** the victory. Being wise in the ways of men **** then had Streona killed on the grounds that a man who betrays one boss will not hesitate to betray another.

If Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers is a student of History I commend to him the story of King ****. At the Battle of Ashingdon Eadric Streona betrayed his old boss Edmund II in favour of the rising power of **** giving **** the victory. Being w*s* in the ways of men **** then had Streona killed on the grounds that a man who betrays one boss will not hesitate to betray another.

I think you may have misspelt Canute

I do find this whole interview unpleasant. Gary Monk should have made his comments in private when Paulo was manager there and not criticized someone who is now at another club.

If Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers is a student of History I commend to him the story of King ****. At the Battle of Ashingdon Eadric Streona betrayed his old boss Edmund II in favour of the rising power of **** giving **** the victory. Being w*s* in the ways of men **** then had Streona killed on the grounds that a man who betrays one boss will not hesitate to betray another.

It is amusing to find the name of a Viking king is censored which may baffle readers of my last paragraph. I do not know whether the alternative spelling of Canute will work. If not I am refering to the King who in popular memory supposedly ordered back the waves.
I am beginning to wish I had not bothered with the analogy now.

Clearly they are bitter. They have just lost a talented young manager who guided them to there best fininsh for years, and replaced him with a managerial failure, poor people.

It is amusing to find the name of a Viking king is censored which may baffle readers of my last paragraph. I do not know whether the alternative spelling of Canute will work.

It was the particular spelling that you chose David, one of several possible spellings.

If not I am refering to the King who in popular memory supposedly ordered back the waves.

Interestingly, he did this to demonstrate to his subjects that he wasn't all powerful. Not, as is commonly believed, because he thought that he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669