Oakley 6
Dyer 5
Cleverley 6
King 7

Fryatt 5
Howard 5

Petney 7
Berner 6

I would've marked Oakley and Cleverly higher if they had started the match in the positions they played the second half in, tbh they both looked poor in the first half for me. And it does seem we look weaker in midfield when we start that way. tbh I think I'd prefer Berner partnering either Cleverly or King as I think they are too lightweight together most of the time.

I thought Oakley looked good all game, got a few nice dribbles in and passing seemed spot on all game

I'm surprised both of you have given Hobbs such a low mark. I thought he was one of our best players today. Apart from from one mistake in the first half I thought he had a solid game, bringing the ball out on many occasions and making some good passes. He also covered well for Mattock when required.

Martin 6

Gilbert 5
Mattock 6
Morrison 6
Hobbs 5

Oakley 6
Dyer 5
Cleverley 6
King 7

Fryatt 5
Howard 5

Petney 7
Berner 6

I would've marked Oakley and Cleverly higher if they had started the match in the positions they played the second half in, tbh they both looked poor in the first half for me. And it does seem we look weaker in midfield when we start that way. tbh I think I'd prefer Berner partnering either Cleverly or King as I think they are too lightweight together most of the time.

It could be a first, think I awarded less marks overall than BF, although Pentney I gave an 8 to, two good saves & kicks were better than Martin's too

thought Dyer was terrible, Gilbert is still the weak link, Howard just couldn't control the ball, Fryatt seemed a bit off, ... nothing really clicked, and the ref didn't really give us many favours. Having said all this, we DID hit the woodwork 3 times and i feel they scored from a bit of a lucky break which we should have delt with a lot better. Keeper was unlucky with his first save.....still 9 points clear, we're going up!

:018: It's PENTNEY.

That'll teach you not to just cut'n'paste BF :icon_wink

:icon_redf Well I can't be arsed to type out all the names when I could just do that instead!
I should've checked the spelling though:icon_lol:

As for Hobbs, second half, especially whenever he came over to the left side he seemed to panic and make a few mistakes. He did get forward a few times though, which I like to see.

I'm surprised both of you have given Hobbs such a low mark. I thought he was one of our best players today. Apart from from one mistake in the first half I thought he had a solid game, bringing the ball out on many occasions and making some good passes. He also covered well for Mattock when required.

He did have a solid game, but that mistake really stuck in my mind for some reason

I just hope we don't sign Gilbert next year, he's nearly not good enough at this level let alone any higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566