Sylla Out!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaby blue blood

From the OS.......

Sylla Out

Sylla has been ruled out of Leicester City's Championship clash against Ipswich Town at the Walkers Stadium on Saturday.

The flying winger has been a shining light for the Foxes' during their opening two games of the 2005-06 campaign.

But a hamstring injury picked up against Stoke City will prevent the Guinea international playing any part in the clash against Joe Royle's side this weekend.

City boss Craig Levein said: "Momo has got a hamstring problem and he will definitely miss Saturday's game. But it doesn't seem to be particularly serious so hopefully he should be alright for the following week."

Levein also revealed some concerning news regarding the fitness of Gareth Williams, while Stephen Hughes and Patrick Kisnorbo are definitely ruled out of Saturday's game.

He added: "Gareth has got a little bit of a problem with a toe. It's too early to say whether or not he will be involved at this stage so it will be a case of wait and see.

"Stephen and Patrick are both progressing nicely, but the game will come too soon for them."

However, the Leicester chief did have some good news to reveal regarding Dion Dublin and Danny Tiatto.

He said: "Dion has got over his back problem now but he still hasn't trained. We will have wait and see how he is.

"Danny returns to the squad from suspension, which is fortunate for us. He is a leader on the pitch and will bring a lot of energy to the side. It will be great to have him back."

Elvis on the right then?...... :102:

That's a big blow. Our midfield just keeps getting injuries! :(

Sylla, Hughes, Kisnorbo, Weso and possibly Williams all out!

I'd imagine the midfield will be Hammond, Joey, Tiatto and Wilcox. If Williams is fit, then Wilcox out and Tiatto on the left.

I suppose Maybury could possibly go to RM and Stearman in at RB

So it looks like :

Douglas

Maybury
McCarthy
Johanssen
Gilbert

Hammond
Tiatto
Gudjonsson
Wilcox

Connolly
de Vries

:icon_eek:

Steven said:
So it looks like :

Douglas

Maybury
McCarthy
Johanssen
Gilbert

Hammond
Tiatto
Gudjonsson
Wilcox

Connolly
de Vries

:icon_eek:

If that happens it's a rank midfield, pray Williams sorts his toe out :icon_sad:

Cor, hopefully Ipswich will be all shook up with this change of personnel.

I didn't see the game tuesday evening, but from the commentry on Radio Leicester he sounded as if he was promising, how did he play?

But then knowing what a shambles the comentry is...... :icon_eek: :icon_cool

I think this might be a bit of a smoke screen, it looked to me that when he was subbed he had a bit of a hissy fit and ran straight down the tunnel, one of the coaching staff went after him shortly afterwards. So this may be a bit of disciplinary action spun out to protect the palyer.

Besides I thought Elvis was miles better than Cilla has been in any of the four games I've seen him in so far, bar the Oxford game, and even that was little more than a cameo.

Ox Fox said:
I think this might be a bit of a smoke screen, it looked to me that when he was subbed he had a bit of a hissy fit and ran straight down the tunnel, one of the coaching staff went after him shortly afterwards. So this may be a bit of disciplinary action spun out to protect the palyer.

Might be something in this....Sylla was extremely upset in the tunnel and the dressing room after he'd come off. Hopefully nothing too serious though...

Sylla probably thinks that with his pace he will be most effective in gmaes during the last 20 mins - I am pleased he wants to stay on the field! Gillespie used to come trotting off as if he couldn't wait to get down the bookies :icon_lol:

DurhamFox said:
Sylla probably thinks that with his pace he will be most effective in gmaes during the last 20 mins - I am pleased he wants to stay on the field! Gillespie used to come trotting off as if he couldn't wait to get down the bookies :icon_lol:

If he's upset because hes picked up a knock and didn't really want to come off because he wanted to do more for the cause, then lets be having more of that . :038: But If he feels that the team cant do without him, then its prob best hes taught a lesson! :mad:

to be honest i was getting pissed of for the lad. No one passes to him, when maybury got the ball he lumped it up ti MDV and completely bypasses momo. momo was clearly a bit angry on the pitch. i cant see why we dont use him more in games, hes our biggest threat going forward but instead we seem to love playing down the left (our weakest side)

Get momo into the game more, it was the same at sheffield.

I saw that he had a hissy fit after being subbed to. Didnt look too happy at all about the decision.

Lets hope he is still the same player when he comes back.

He also had a bust-up with one of the Stoke players, with MDV pushing both the stoke guy and Sylla away from each other. After which he seemed to have a major sulk on with everyone!

He had a good first half, but before he was subbed in the second he'd lost interest, he clearly didn't want the ball, unlike most of the other players on the pitch.

The good news was that Elvis slotted straight in and had an even bigger impact.

Anyway, I hope he gets over it (injury or attitude) because he was stunning, needs to practice voleys though!

Chris

Someone asked Birch about Sylla's strop on Century, he said Sylla was annoyed but only because one of the Stoke players had been winding him up.

either way from the look of hammond we have a good replacement, not of the same quality but superb back up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669