Sylla signs ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
drummindefender said:
i thought she was a reading fan, now that shes shagging the boss?

No, she just looks at the pictures

Hazzman said:
I think both players are rubbish.
Sylla is an older Jordan Stewart. All pace, no brain.
Rab C. Douglas is not up to standard, I would rather have Hinckley's Tommy Whittle in goal.

<startSarcasm>
yes - i'd much rather have a non-league goalkeeper then one who has been first choice all year for one of biggest team in Europe.
</endSarcasm>
:roll: ;-)

All I mean is Douglas is highly unreliable for Celtic as his performances against Rangers proves. I would rather have an hard-working youngster who wants to learn in goal.

I just said that but became over-elaborate. (Something I do in my History exams)

Momo Up For The Challenge
New signing Momo Sylla says he has joined Leicester City with one thing on his mind - the Premiership.

The Guinea international competed a free transfer move from Celtic to the Walkers Stadium today - putting pen to paper on a three-year deal.

And the 28-year-old sighted his want to play at the highest level in England as the motivation behind his move.

He said: "I spoke to the manager at length and he made my mind up for me. I like a challenge and I believe Leicester can go up into the Premiership. That's where I want to play.

"I came down to Leicester for a couple of days at the end of the season to get to know the staff and the players. I liked what I saw.

"I have had four happy years at Celtic but it was time for a new challenge. That's why I am here."

Sylla joined Celtic for £650,000 following an impressive spell at St Johnstone, and can turn his hand to a number of positions on the field.

He added: "My best position is wide on the right, but I didn't really get the chance to play there at Celtic because they play a 3-5-2 formation. I have also played as a striker and in the middle of the park for my country. But next season I hope to be playing on the right wing.
"I know Mark de Vries and Alan Maybury from my time up in Scotland and they are good players. The manager is building a quality squad here and I am now really looking forward to the start of the season."

Midfield of Tiatto, Kisnorbo, Hughes and Sylla, then ?

Joey and Williams keeping the bench warm...

I think him and Maybury down the right could be a strong aea for us next season, certainly better than the left side that will probably contain at least Wilcox or Stewart :(

homer said:

I dunno, i'd be surprised if Levein doesn't see williams as a regular. However if it is a choice between him and hughes, i think there will only ever be one outcome :wink:

Haven't seen much of either so it would be unfair to comment so i'll wait to make a judgement. But sadly this is the sort of signing we are going to be making, some leicester fans have really got to wise up to the fact we are just an average championship side, therefore we will attract average players.

I'm registered with the OS to receive SMS text alerts and usually get them when we sign a player. However i did not receive an alert for the Sylla signing this morning.

Anybody else experience this or is it just me?!

Not suprising TVFA - it doesn't seem to have been announced properly on the OS even. A few stories about how CL thinks he's good and how Sylla is keen to impress but no specific signing announcement.

i'm suprised there isn't a story about sylla plugging the new away kit :lol: on the lines of "it's the most impressive shirt i've ever worn etc etc"

DurhamFox said:
Not suprising TVFA - it doesn't seem to have been announced properly on the OS even. A few stories about how CL thinks he's good and how Sylla is keen to impress but no specific signing announcement.

it says he's put pen to paper on a 3 year deal? Sounds 'announced properly' to me!

Well yes, but it's more like the story that appears at the same time or just after the 'Foxes unveil Sylla' story.

Seems strange they would miss out on an opportunity to raise a few more pennies by sending a text!!

I heard Mace took all the numbers with him and they have no other record of the subscribers. Expect a text from Maces new company soon....

rotherhamfox said:
Haven't seen much of either so it would be unfair to comment so i'll wait to make a judgement. But sadly this is the sort of signing we are going to be making, some leicester fans have really got to wise up to the fact we are just an average championship side, therefore we will attract average players.

Spot on.

CL is taking them on -in the hope rather than the probability that they will perform that well in a more competitive league. However, we need new players to replenish the squad and hopefully they can do a job.

This is where we are these days - and let's hope for the best.

At least he hasn't signed Trundle (yet) who allegedly believes that Hull City is a "massive club" and Peter Taylor a "great manager".

drummindefender said:
homer said:

I dunno, i'd be surprised if Levein doesn't see williams as a regular. However if it is a choice between him and hughes, i think there will only ever be one outcome :wink:

I doubt he will play Tiatto and Kisnorbo and Sylla at the same time unless it is by substitutions or injuries. :p :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669