Taipei.

Status
Not open for further replies.

city-faithful

Evening all,

Just recently moved to Taipei and was wondering if any TB foxiles were in the Taipei area?

Let me know!

Cheers,

Tom.

Evening all,

Just recently moved to Taipei and was wondering if any TB foxiles were in the Taipei area?

Let me know!

Cheers,

Tom.

Why are you in Taipei?

Has it got anything to do with T'pau?

Why are you in Taipei?

I'm teaching 'til September time. I had 12 months to kill until I start back at University and had the choice of either working in Coalville at a housing company or come to Taipei to teach and have a lark around. Seemed like a no-brainer.

I worked in Korea for two years prior to this and there were Westerners everywhere. I've seen perhaps 2 since I've been here. C'est la vie, I'm sure there's an Ex-pat hangout somewhere, hopefully with a few City fans who'll be up for watching any Streams that come our way!

Enjoy mate,

Taipei (Taiwan North in Mandarin) is a great city once you get to know it. Looks a bit tired, polluted and grubby at first, but there are hidden gems everywhere and some great sights nearby. You will end up meeting loads of expats.

I used to live in Taichung (Taiwan Central) and was a teacher for a few years but had friends up in Taipei so would often spend weekends up there. I love the country. Make sure you visit the mountains and east coast away from the polluted west, Haulian and Taroko are a must see.

Taroko_Gorge_Taiwan.jpg

Thanks Billyjof.

Just spent the last couple of days wandering round. Seems intense. I was in Korea for two years, but this is a complete world apart. Lovely weather at the minute too.

The highlight so far has been seeing a snail the size of my fist. It was huge.

Not been back for a few years but you will always find Brits watching football here. http://www.tavern.com.tw/ even used to have Guiness on tap.

Roxy99 was another place we drank at for a lively Sat night. There are loads of expat hangouts and much will have changed though. Sometimes it's nice not to hang around drunk expats!

There is an expat football league, (foreigners weren't allowed to play in local leagues) with several teams from Taipei, maybe try the Taipei Animals they have a FB page. I played for Taichung Compass until I screwed my knee ligaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669