Tannoy announcement/autographs???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorkshire Vixen

which number do i ring at the club to have an announcement at ht??? also is there any way i could get some players signed pics???

you used to be able to buy signed ones in the club shop I think? dont know whether they still do that

Hang around the players' entrance before and after the match, like the rest of the sad bastards.

ha ha i was hoping i could avoid that :icon_bigg would they do it via post if i got in touch with the club :icon_conf

ha ha i was hoping i could avoid that :icon_bigg would they do it via post if i got in touch with the club :icon_conf

I would expect it would depend what kind of a story you spin. Seriously though, if you want any number it's quite a job for somebody to do. All the cards will have to be kept together (so they all get back to you) but at the same time get to each individual player (and players won't want to sort through 20 cards to get to the one with their face on it).

I've got no real suggestion about how to get it done.

You used to be able to go down to the training ground but I'm not sure if you can still do so. Although your location may be a problem but perhaps someone could go for you.

I would expect it would depend what kind of a story you spin. Seriously though, if you want any number it's quite a job for somebody to do. All the cards will have to be kept together (so they all get back to you) but at the same time get to each individual player (and players won't want to sort through 20 cards to get to the one with their face on it).

I've got no real suggestion about how to get it done.

ive emailed peter jones - might not do any good but if you dont ask....:102::) id only be after fryatt, howard, oakley, morrison and dyers - itd be a birthday pressie for my nephew

ive emailed peter jones - might not do any good but if you dont ask....:102::) id only be after fryatt, howard, oakley, morrison and dyers - itd be a birthday pressie for my nephew

I presume that you told him that you haven't got long to live and it might be the last present that you're ever going to be able to give to the lad?

Must admit they went out of their way for a friend of mine who organised a surprise for me when I lost my parents a few years back... was on the pitch, signed pennant (sp?) and picture with Ormondroyd and the Birch(ok, perhaps the last bit wasnt so good)

Last edited:
bit of a result - peter jones emailed me back saying they can do the autographs but at a small charge and asked whether we would send a card for them to sign - or the old fashioned method hanging around the car park - but ive to let him know what i decide on and he will try and sort something out for me

Must admit they went out of their way for a friend of mine who organised a surprise for me when I lost my parents a few years back... was on the pitch, signed pennant (sp?) and picture with Ormondroyd and the Birch(ok, perhaps the last bit wasnt so good)

how did they manage to get both you and ormy on the same picture :102::icon_wink:icon_wink

how did they manage to get both you and ormy on the same picture :102::icon_wink:icon_wink

believe me I didnt want him in the pic, but they were shouting for Colin Gibson to come across first, so I probably got the better deal.. the poor guy was almost doubled over so we could be in the same shot :icon_lol:

Was the Tranmere play off game at Filbo I recall :)

Last edited:
believe me I didnt want him in the pic, but they were shouting for Colin Gibson to come across first, so I probably got the better deal.. the poor guy was almost doubled over so we could be in the same shot :icon_lol:

Was the Tranmere play off game at Filbo I recall :)

Suppose it's better than a pic with Ali Mauchlen hey :icon_wink :icon_lol: :081::081:

Can't beleive they want to charge you for autographs.

A friend of my girlfriend is getting married next month and her husband to be is a massive suprs fan.

She wrote to Harry Redknap saying he's a massive fan blah blah blah and wanted a signed shirt for a wedding present. She got one sent free of charge.

Can't beleive they want to charge you for autographs.
I can, and I don't think it's unreasonable of a club to request so in these circumstances.

When I was trying to blag raffle prizes a couple of years ago for a fundraiser, not one football club (bar The City) offered a donation of any kind. A couple replied explaining that they get hundreds of similar requests each week, but most just ignored me.

The most generous donations came from the least likely places, but as ever, it's "not what you know, but who".

hmmm.... stop looking at my facebook page you :icon_lol:
The George Michael picture is much better ;)

I had a pic with Tony James once at Krystals night club I was about 12

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4585
5West Brom4572
6Norwich City4572