Tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie_d123

Hey all,

Left my last job recently and spoke to an ex manager from there who said he recieved a letter asking what he'd been doing for the 3 months he was there, basically they never knew where he worked despite giving a p45 in when he started.

Out of curiosity i called the inland revenue and they said they had no record of me working there either despite being there for some 15 months and having wage slips with tax taken off etc etc etc. Was advised to request my p60 and p45 and call back after 2 weeks if i wasn't given the documents.

Never recieved the documents and called back and have now been asked to write in and provide my last wage slip i asked them if my previous employer had broken the law or anything and if any of my tax had even been paid. they wouldn't tell me and said i should just write in and let them sort it.

Im curious though and would like to know if this indicates that they havent been paying my tax etc etc, anyone know about this stuff by any chance?

Sound like it!

Not particularly your problem, though if your NI payments have not been paid over it could show up as a gap in your records should you need to claim anything. Might be as well to put together evidence of the dates you worked there (letter of appointment etc) & put them in a safe place, just in case.

Hey all,

Left my last job recently and spoke to an ex manager from there who said he recieved a letter asking what he'd been doing for the 3 months he was there, basically they never knew where he worked despite giving a p45 in when he started.

Out of curiosity i called the inland revenue and they said they had no record of me working there either despite being there for some 15 months and having wage slips with tax taken off etc etc etc. Was advised to request my p60 and p45 and call back after 2 weeks if i wasn't given the documents.

Never recieved the documents and called back and have now been asked to write in and provide my last wage slip i asked them if my previous employer had broken the law or anything and if any of my tax had even been paid. they wouldn't tell me and said i should just write in and let them sort it.

Im curious though and would like to know if this indicates that they havent been paying my tax etc etc, anyone know about this stuff by any chance?

Did you not get a P60 in the 15 months you were there?

Sound like it!

Not particularly your problem, though if your NI payments have not been paid over it could show up as a gap in your records should you need to claim anything. Might be as well to put together evidence of the dates you worked there (letter of appointment etc) & put them in a safe place, just in case.

Already taken care of mate, I'd like them to get dome for it.

Already taken care of mate, I'd like them to get dome for it.

I know it struggled in it's early years but the dome is quite a successfull venue now, be a bit strange to give it to an illegally acting company.

I found out that my NI was not in order for the whole of 2006-07 as the Company I worked for was being investigated by the DTI and eventually closed down by them at the start of the 2007-08. It seems that they did not pay over the NI and if I had not queried it I may never have found out til I claimed my pension.

I was claiming JSA and at first they wouldnt pay anything as I had not made any contribributions for 2006-07 BUT as I had the proof in the form of my last wage slip for that year they were able to correct it and my NI is now up to date.

I would suggest anyone who has worked for any company going through problems (plenty in the current recession) that they write to the NI records and check because you might not be able to prove it at a later date and thus lose all the benefit that your NI payments should be providing.

I was made redundant when the Company was closed down with 3others who may not know that their NI record is blighted BUT I not have their phone numbers to let them know

Last edited:
I had a similar thing as Mowtown Fox when the company I had worked for was bought out by a rival after I had left, asset stripped and closed down. The new owners didn't submit the year end returns and I obviously didn't realise as I no longer worked there and so wouldn't have got a p60 from them anyway.

I discovered this by accident when checking pension contributions. I managed to get my record corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566