Te Rah Then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's OK, SWWG

There are plenty of people on here who will post their own version of it - as evidenced already

I heard you had something to do with it.

But to be calling for his head? To be going to Plymouth to sing for MA without knowing the facts?? For 'fans' to be saying they are now not going to support the club??? It's just absolute nonsense I'm afraid.

I agree the calling for his head is a tad bit daft but at this moment MM to me is a complete nobhead. I was so excited about this season and a lot to with why i was was because of Martin Allen. After all the shit we have had in recent seasons it was so refreshing to have a young hungry manager in charge and he caused us all to be optimistic. Imagine going from the excitement of Allen to the dull shit of Roeder.

I would find the appointment of Roeder a tad strange, and if we then go on a run of losing games with a load of Mandaric team selections then I would too be on here venting frustrations....

Perhaps players were going to MM with their worries too about MA??

Mandaric wants this club to succeed at the highest echelons of English football. We can only trust him to get this right, as he did at Pompey...

Mandaric wants this club to succeed at the highest echelons of English football. We can only trust him to get this right, as he did at Pompey...

Funnily enough, I have just been speaking to a Pompey fan about this. He says they went through the same emotions when they lost Alan Ball and Steve Claridge as some of us are at losing the personable and likeable Martin Allen. Time eventually proved that MM was right though so he urges us to stick with Milan.

Surely there’s a middle ground to all of this.

The club with MM is better off financially than the club without MM. We undoubtedly have a better playing squad because of Milan and we undoubtedly have a better chance of success. It’s a fact that whatever MM’s motives, he can’t get what he wants without us being in the Premiership, so on balance it’s much better to have him here than to not have him here.

But, surely that doesn’t mean that I’m not allowed to get pissed off with his dictatorial manner and the fact that I think he’s made a shit decision. His money has bought him the right to do whatever he wants with my club, but it hasn’t bought him the right to expect me not to criticise him when I think he’s ****ed up.

I don’t know any of the facts and I’m not going to guess at them, but I know that I liked MA, I liked the fact that he seemed to have the players together as a group and behind him, I thought we were heading in the right direction and I think he has been grossly unfairly treated. Maybe Allen has done something that we don’t know about, maybe Milan has, maybe nothing has happened, I don’t know, but I’m still allowed to judge.

Anyone talking about switching clubs or supporting MA and not the team is either being sarcastic or is a dick. Of course we will all still support the club – that’s what we’ll be doing at Plymouth on Saturday. I still think that MM is brilliant news for the club, but I don’t like him very much at the minute…

Surely there’s a middle ground to all of this.

The club with MM is better off financially than the club without MM. We undoubtedly have a better playing squad because of Milan and we undoubtedly have a better chance of success. It’s a fact that whatever MM’s motives, he can’t get what he wants without us being in the Premiership, so on balance it’s much better to have him here than to not have him here.

But, surely that doesn’t mean that I’m not allowed to get pissed off with his dictatorial manner and the fact that I think he’s made a shit decision. His money has bought him the right to do whatever he wants with my club, but it hasn’t bought him the right to expect me not to criticise him when I think he’s ****ed up.

I don’t know any of the facts and I’m not going to guess at them, but I know that I liked MA, I liked the fact that he seemed to have the players together as a group and behind him, I thought we were heading in the right direction and I think he has been grossly unfairly treated. Maybe Allen has done something that we don’t know about, maybe Milan has, maybe nothing has happened, I don’t know, but I’m still allowed to judge.

Anyone talking about switching clubs or supporting MA and not the team is either being sarcastic or is a dick. Of course we will all still support the club – that’s what we’ll be doing at Plymouth on Saturday. I still think that MM is brilliant news for the club, but I don’t like him very much at the minute…

This man talks sense.

I don't think any of us that have lambasted Milan's decision have forgotten what he's brought to us as a club, and how much better off we are all round - well I certainly haven't anyway.

After having slept on it I'm prepared to accept the decision now and I just pray to God we don't get (in order of most NOT wanted)

1) Gary Megson (just no, no, no, no)
2) Neil Warnock (surely Milan wouldn't go for him after he said he didn't initially because of the fans opposing him)
3)Glenn Roeder (I could live with having Roeder, just seems uninspiring)

x

Last edited:
This man talks sense.

I don't think any of us that have lambasted Milan's decision have forgotten what he's brought to us as a club, and how much better off we are all round.

After having slept on it I'm prepared to accept the decision now and I just pray to God we don't get (in order of most NOT wanted)

1) Gary Megson (just no, no, no, no)
2) Neil Warnock (surely Milan wouldn't go for him after he said he didn't initially because of the fans opposing him)
3)Glenn Roeder (I could live with having Roeder, just seems uninspiring)

x

yeah good post Doggie_muz.

Roeder can feck off through. Jewels the man for me.

Me too - he's a real gem......

And a diamond geezer apparently.

There's no way he would be Sapphired by MM!

On a serious note, I'd be happy with Jewell, but I would guess that MM will want someone who'll put up less of a fight than MA did, which is why I think there is some truth to this bloke from Chelsea - young, first manager's job etc.

To all of you throwing your virtual toys out the pram - bye bye. Go and support your local bob-sleigh team, or watch tiddlewinks or whatever.....

I simply cannot believe the affinity some of you have to Martin Allen and are now saying 'enough is enough' when none of us know the facts!

If anyone thought that LCFC with MM in charge was going to be anything but a rollercoaster ride, then you were seriously deluded/naive.

Mandaric owns the club and got rid of Allen quickly to save the vision of the football club. There could well be very good reason for this. The performances at Palace, v Watford etc were much better, but this is mainly thanks to the players - who have been bank-rolled by who?

Wake up, or piss off. And all those singing for him at Plymouth I would imagine will support whichever club he goes to next as Martin Allen is clearly more important to you than LCFC.

Pathetic.

well said Alex :038::038::038::038:

i hope the chelsea bloke takes the job. manager change can be good, as long as it doesnt happen often.

To all of you throwing your virtual toys out the pram - bye bye. Go and support your local bob-sleigh team, or watch tiddlewinks or whatever.....

I simply cannot believe the affinity some of you have to Martin Allen and are now saying 'enough is enough' when none of us know the facts!

If anyone thought that LCFC with MM in charge was going to be anything but a rollercoaster ride, then you were seriously deluded/naive.

Mandaric owns the club and got rid of Allen quickly to save the vision of the football club. There could well be very good reason for this. The performances at Palace, v Watford etc were much better, but this is mainly thanks to the players - who have been bank-rolled by who?

Wake up, or piss off. And all those singing for him at Plymouth I would imagine will support whichever club he goes to next as Martin Allen is clearly more important to you than LCFC.

Pathetic.

What is clear is that we have a chairman who feels he should have some sort of say over team affairs, and that cannot be good for the club. The reason people are upset about Allen is because he was like a breath of fresh air at the club, someone with passion and integrity.

Milan Mandaric does not give two fecks about LCFC, he is a business man and all he cares about is making a profit. The fact that you would be so presumptuous as to tell people not to get upset about the chairman making a decision that is for his own benefit and not for the clubs is astonishing.

If you were a Hearts fan I'm, sure you'd be telling everyone Romanov was the best thing since sliced bread.

What is clear is that we have a chairman who feels he should have some sort of say over team affairs, and that cannot be good for the club. The reason people are upset about Allen is because he was like a breath of fresh air at the club, someone with passion and integrity.

Milan Mandaric does not give two fecks about LCFC, he is a business man and all he cares about is making a profit. The fact that you would be so presumptuous as to tell people not to get upset about the chairman making a decision that is for his own benefit and not for the clubs is astonishing.

If you were a Hearts fan I'm, sure you'd be telling everyone Romanov was the best thing since sliced bread.

Owning a championship club is not profitable, it's nearly all out-goings. He's brought in a lot of new players and has to pay all of their wages - our wage bill must be astronomical at the moment - plus he has paid off our sizable debts. So, already he's well in the red. Now he's had to pay off the contracts of MA and his backroom staff... It all adds up. To say that he's in it for the money is ridiculous.

As Milan himself once said; "The best way to become a millionaire as a football chairman is to start out as a billionaire."

EDIT: Not to mention all the work he's had done at the Training Ground as well.

Last edited:
Owning a championship club is not profitable, it's nearly all out-goings. He's brought in a lot of new players and has to pay all of their wages - our wage bill must be astronomical at the moment - plus he has paid off our sizable debts. So, already he's well in the red. Now he's had to pay off the contracts of MA and his backroom staff... It all adds up. To say that he's in it for the money is ridiculous.

As Milan himself once said; "The best way to become a millionaire as a football chairman is to start out as a billionaire."

EDIT: Not to mention all the work he's had done at the Training Ground as well.

I can't remember the exact figures but he put something like £3 million into the club this year as part of the purchase deal. Any other expenditure above this is coming from increasing the debts of LCFC. He clearly hasn't paid off any debts.

Actually we would have survived with the points RK accumulated anyway so we wouldn't be Div 1 at all.

But look, i've never really been a huge MM fan, and all my worst fears about the how the club would be run with MM in charge are coming to reality and its only been 4 months.

And its only going to get worse IMO.

What about the -10 points we would of got when we went into administration?

I can't remember the exact figures but he put something like £3 million into the club this year as part of the purchase deal. Any other expenditure above this is coming from increasing the debts of LCFC. He clearly hasn't paid off any debts.

Regardless, that's £3mil he's spent and **** all he's gotten back. Hardly a tidy profit.

To all of you throwing your virtual toys out the pram - bye bye. Go and support your local bob-sleigh team, or watch tiddlewinks or whatever.....Wake up, or piss off. Pathetic.

I think the analogy of throwing toys out of the pram is a good one. People are hurting and feel unable to influence the situation. I suspect that many of the, "I will never support Leicester again" brigade, will feel pretty silly in a few days time BUT, they care about the club or else they would not be upset. I do not think that telling fellow fans to "piss off" is constructive.
Let us at least try to get through this blood letting in as healthy a state as possible. :056:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669