Not open for further replies.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
I would like to see....

---------------------Douglas---------------------
Stearman-----McCarthy----Nissa----------Maybury
Sylla----------Williams-----Joey------------Hughes
---------------Connolly----Dublin------------------

Although I don't want CL to drop MdV I fear for him having his confidence shattered by the Fickle Boneheads.

Hopefully Hughes will be fit, if not then I guess it's Wilcox.

If Hughes is fit then send out a team that sends out a strong attacking message. ;)

Maybury-------McCarthy----Nissa----------Sheehan
Sylla----------Williams-----Hughes----------Wilcox
---------------Connolly----de Vries----------------

DurhamFox said:
I would like to see....

Stearman-----McCarthy----Nissa----------Maybury
Sylla----------Williams-----Joey------------Hughes
---------------Connolly----Dublin------------------

Although I don't want CL to drop MdV I fear for him having his confidence shattered by the Fickle Boneheads.

Hopefully Hughes will be fit, if not then I guess it's Wilcox.

I think Maybury should play Right Back although Stearman did nothing wrong.Have to be Gilbert at Left Back for me,can't judge him on 20 mins on Saturday.

highland fox said:
I think Maybury should play Right Back although Stearman did nothing wrong.Have to be Gilbert at Left Back for me,can't judge him on 20 mins on Saturday.

I would imagine CL is having the same thoughts but he seems to rate Maybs at Left Back and to be fair he looked more solid there than Gilbert.

I like Steven's team, but I would start with Gilbert at left back. Could have Sheehan on the bench as Gilbert is not likely to last 90 mins, although CL will probably bring Stearman on and move Maybury to LB.

I thin we should start with MdV, although Dublin could come on for the last 20 if he is not being effective. I would really hope the crowd starts to get behind MdV on Tuesday.

Ill go with Gilbert left back. I still think Stearmans season is next season. Let the lad grow as part of the first team setup first while he has the chance before the injuries start to come in.

Anyone know if Hughes is fit for this game?

If he is, I'd go for:

Douglas
Stearman, McCarthy, Johansson, Maybury
Sylla, Williams, Joey, Hughes
Connolly, MDV

If Hughes isn't fit then keep Wilcox in there, so the same team as against Sheff Utd

We played very well on Saturday and I don't really see the point in changing it, unless Hughes is available. Maybury at LB may not be ideal, but Stearman had a really good game, and Maybury isn't bad at LB. Makes more sense to me to stick with that since they've played well, rather than having to sacrifice Stearman for Maybury to go RB, and then having players who clearly CL didn't think were ready to play on Saturday at LB, in either Sheehan or Gilbert.
Gilbert will get his chance soon, but I just think for now keep Stearman in the team. Let Gilbert settle in a bit more first.

I think CL should go for the 4-3-1-2 formation with Connolly in the slot.

Graz said:
Anyone know if Hughes is fit for this game?

If he is, I'd go for:

Douglas
Stearman, McCarthy, Johansson, Maybury
Sylla, Williams, Joey, Hughes
Connolly, MDV

If Hughes isn't fit then keep Wilcox in there, so the same team as against Sheff Utd

We played very well on Saturday and I don't really see the point in changing it, unless Hughes is available. Maybury at LB may not be ideal, but Stearman had a really good game, and Maybury isn't bad at LB. Makes more sense to me to stick with that since they've played well, rather than having to sacrifice Stearman for Maybury to go RB, and then having players who clearly CL didn't think were ready to play on Saturday at LB, in either Sheehan or Gilbert.
Gilbert will get his chance soon, but I just think for now keep Stearman in the team. Let Gilbert settle in a bit more first.

The CL interview Stevo posted says there are no players returning from injury :mad:

I think Wilcox did enough to keep himself in the team, I would rather drop Joey, who seemed quite quiet against the Blades- especially as we should expect to be more attacking at home.

CL will keep the same team he started with on Saturday I think. He has no reason to change it because we were by far the better team before he changed the defence.

Foxy_Fox said:
CL will keep the same team he started with on Saturday I think. He has no reason to change it because we were by far the better team before he changed the defence.

We probably will as I understand Hughes is still not available. :icon_cry:
:icon_sad:

I owuln't like to see Wilcox ommitted. I was sat just the left of the dugout on saturday and could see Wilcox a lot in the 2nd half and he played well.

I hope MDV doesn't get dropped.:038:

The only change I would like to see would be Maybury at RB but Stearman plays well just about every game so difficult decision! :102:

I would keep the side that started the game on saturday, we played well and I see no point in making changes for the sake of it. We will play a lot worse than saturday and win games IMO. We looked a decent side who will cause a lot of problems to teams, and we will be a lot stronger as a squad once the missing players are available and fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669