Team vs Cov

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuearlJackson

As always, post the team you'd pick for the job against Cov on Sunday.

My team lining up in a 3-5-2 formation (in the words of David Dickinson - "Print that" Mercury :) )

....................Douglas

.....................Dublin
...........Stearman.....Nils
Sylla/Maybury..............Sheehan
....................Kisnorbo
.............Williams.....Hughes
..................Hume
.......................DeVries

Note how the personnel can easily switch to 4-4-2 if it isn't working. I can't make my mind up on the right wing-back position - I'd like to see them both play it.

Douglas

Stearman
Dublin
Nissa
Maybury

Sylla
Hughes
joey
Hammond

Devries
Hume

Subs: Henderson, Mccarthy, Sheehan, Williams and Wilcox!

A lot of competition in the full back areas at the moment. I would like to see Sheehan play but think Mayburys experience is what we need at present. Start with Hume and have Hammond on left until Smith comes back from suspension. Have not rated Kisnorbo or Hamill really, so they dont even make the bench.

---------------Douglas---------------

Stearman--Mccarthy--Dublin--Tiatto

Hume---Hughes---Williams---Wilcox

-----Devries-----Hammond-----

Subs: Henderson, Maybury, Sheehan, Sylla, GoodGodSon

Mmm, might not be pretty, but I think at least Wilcox can get some balance back on the left and will stick wide, unlike recent game where we've got narrower and narrower as the game has gone on.

SamuearlJackson said:
As always, post the team you'd pick for the job against Cov on Sunday.

My team lining up in a 3-5-2 formation (in the words of David Dickinson - "Print that" Mercury :) )

My problem with the 3-5-2 argument is thinking back to when P***r T****r was in charge and moved to 4-4-2 after years of successful MON 3-5-2 teams.

Elliott, Taggart and co allegedly told T****r to revert to 3-5-2 when they were playing badly and I think most of the supporters wanted him to. T****r conceded but unfortunately they still played poorly and still continued the slide.

The moral of the story....a change of formation ain't going to change anything if the players aren't up to it or the manager can't motivate them.

I believe CL will pick this side

Douglas
Maybury
Dublin
McCarthy
Kisnorbo
Sylla
Hughes
Gudjonnsson
Tiatto
Hume
MDV

Subs
Henderson
Stearman
Gerrbrand
Hammond
Hammill.

highland fox said:
I believe CL will pick this side

Douglas
Maybury
Dublin
McCarthy
Kisnorbo
Sylla
Hughes
Gudjonnsson
Tiatto
Hume
MDV

Subs
Henderson
Stearman
Gerrbrand
Hammond
Hammill.

That is the team I think Levein will pick as well, spot on Highland. It is not the team that I would like to see but that's life.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
That is the team I think Levein will pick as well, spot on Highland. It is not the team that I would like to see but that's life.

Not what I'd like to see either.Gerrbrand should start and I'd stick Hammond on the Right wing instead of Sylla.Hume has to start surely.I think we need to find a regular left back and maybe Sheehan should be given a run of games.

Again Highland I tend to agree, although I would like to see CL adopt your 4-3-1-2 formation.

I'd love to see us go for broke to get a result tomorrow and play 4-3-3 from the start.

KovSkum have the worst defence in the league, looking at their back line players with pace like Hume and Hammond should rip them to bits.

They've also not won away from home all season, so I think we can all guess what's going to happen :frown: :mad: :icon_evil

Ox Fox said:
I'd love to see us go for broke to get a result tomorrow and play 4-3-3 from the start.

KovSkum have the worst defence in the league, looking at their back line players with pace like Hume and Hammond should rip them to bits.

They've also not won away from home all season, so I think we can all guess what's going to happen :frown: :mad: :icon_evil

That's the problem with this team at the moment, you can almost predict what is going to happen, a team that has not won away all season, they are struggling and their manager is under pressure, local rivals who are littered with our rejects, our ex manager and assistant manager who are renowned for their tactically incompetence and reliance on the hoof. We are going to get turned over, just like we did by Brighton, Rotherham and Forest last year and now QPR and Burnley this year. They will set up against us to be difficult to break down and then once we have hit the brick wall and run out of ideas they will start to attack us and nick the 3 points.

I really hope I am wrong !

I think I would like to see any starting line up that does not include Douglas.
The few games he has played Henderson seems so much more composed

Boy Genius said:
I think I would like to see any starting line up that does not include Douglas.
The few games he has played Henderson seems so much more composed

Thats massivley harsh.

Don't like Henderson, he's a puncher not a catcher. Would say Douglas hasn't put a foot wrong since the opening game of the season.

You can get 30/1 on MDV scoring the first goal and Leicester to win 2-1. What do you reckon seems like a good bet. I for one admit that i have slagged off MDV but he seems like the only one likely to score at the minute

chrislcfc18 said:
You can get 30/1 on MDV scoring the first goal and Leicester to win 2-1. What do you reckon seems like a good bet. I for one admit that i have slagged off MDV but he seems like the only one likely to score at the minute

The facts of the matter are de Vries is the only one who is likely to score. Not sure about the win though. :confused: :frown: :icon_sad: ;)

DurhamFox said:
Thats massivley harsh.

Don't like Henderson, he's a puncher not a catcher. Would say Douglas hasn't put a foot wrong since the opening game of the season.

Douglas makes me very very uncomfortable every time he is near the ball. Very uneasy with corners, but hey thats my opinion.

Douglas

Maybury
Dublin
McCarthy
Johansson

Tiatto
Kisnorbo
Hughes
Sylla

Hume
De Vries

Subs:- Henderson, Stearman, Gudjonsson Williams, Hammond