Terry Connor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex

Left Wolves after being there for 8000 years...Not a good manager, but allegedly a great guy to have in the camp and players love him.. Get him in I reckon, we could do with a character like that in the background to mellow Pear Son.

Thoughts ladies?

I've heard that Terry Nappy is useful to have around, especially with the Pampers lifestyle these modern footballers have

I do hope that this is a joke.
I wouldn't want that soppy failure anywhere near the club.

He's widely regarded as a fantastic coach and is well respected by many managers and players, trying to keep Wolves up was like trying to stop the Titanic going down - it was never going to happen. Just because he couldn't do that, doesn't somehow make him a failure or a bad coach. Wouldn't mind him here at all and I think it's a joke that Wolves sacked him.

He's widely regarded as a fantastic coach and is well respected by many managers and players, trying to keep Wolves up was like trying to stop the Titanic going down - it was never going to happen. Just because he couldn't do that, doesn't somehow make him a failure or a bad coach. Wouldn't mind him here at all and I think it's a joke that Wolves sacked him.

Terry Nappy on the other hand, definitely can be a soppy failure at times

Wolves probably sacked him at the wrong time. The new manager and him was never going to work well togheter considering TC wanted to continue as manager.

Good coaches don't always make good managers. Seemed like too much of a nice guy to be a manager.

Everything you have said is true but it only takes one action to ruin a man and my guess is that TC taking over and failing to keep them up has ended his career. You could see it in his face towards the end of last season. Utterly destroyed.

I would say he is completely hopeless.

Even if he isn't hopeless he portrays the impression that he hasn't a clue.

Basically, the Wolves drastically under invested and paid the inevitable price. McCarthy is a decent manager of poor sides. He only gets poor sides because bigger clubs won't employ him - but he was doing as well as anyone was likely to do at the Wolves. That said having watched them in a couple of games I knew they were rubbish. Appointing Connor was a statement of defeat by the wolves board - I suppose that they understood that anyone any good would have more sense than to try to save the ship last season.

Everything you have said is true but it only takes one action to ruin a man and my guess is that TC taking over and failing to keep them up has ended his career. You could see it in his face towards the end of last season. Utterly destroyed.

We wouldn't want him to be a manager, we'd want him to be a coach. Do you think Wolves getting relegated has made him forget how to coach players? What's he going to do? Retire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566