Terry Robinson - Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can think about when I see his name...

[video=youtube_share;oVdhIV4ugSI]http://youtu.be/oVdhIV4ugSI[/video]

It read quite clear really, I thought. This new guy should provide a more consistent link between all areas of the club improving communication

How can you judge the consistency of his linkage when he's only just arrived and how does having an extra tier of management ever improve communications?

How can you judge the consistency of his linkage when he's only just arrived and how does having an extra tier of management ever improve communications?
The more people a message passes through the clearer it becomes. Someone never played Chinese whispers :icon_roll

can't judge it, I was just saying that is what I think his role will be. I didn't say it would work either, but I'm hopeful that he might add an ounce of football knowledge to the system at a higher level than the manager.

can't judge it, I was just saying that is what I think his role will be. I didn't say it would work either, but I'm hopeful that he might add an ounce of football knowledge to the system at a higher level than the manager.

I hope he knows a thing or two about hats because someone needs to have a word with themselves.

Presumably Mr Robinson will be a link between Belvoir Drive and King Power Stadium. Will he be driving along the Aylestone Road and if so will he be in a mood to communicate afterward.
I suggest that for his sanity he should use a taxi or in these days of Financial Fair Play the 84,85 or 67 bus.

May I suggest a simpler management structure.
If it involves footballers Nigel Pearson should make the decisions.
If it does not involve football Susan Whelan should make the decisions.
If Vichai does not approve of how either of them do the job he should replace them
Anybody else at the club who does not approve of the way they do the job should leave.

Last edited:
Presumably Mr Robinson will be a link between Belvoir Drive and King Power Stadium. Will he be driving along the Aylestone Road and if so will he be in a mood to communicate afterward.
I suggest that for his sanity he should use a taxi or in these days of Financial Fair Play the 84,85 or 67 bus.

May I suggest a simpler management structure.
If it involves footballers Nigel Pearson should make the decisions.
If it does not involve football Susan Whelan should make the decisions.
If Vichai does not approve of how either of them do the job he should replace them
Anybody else at the club who does not approve of the way they do the job should leave.
Sounds good to me.

It's what I would expect of the football club to make an appointment with allegedly across the board management role - and then to claim the appointment makes no difference to the roles of neither the football manager nor the chief executive.

Yes its a brilliant idea to respond to the needs of the financial regulations to contain spending by appointing someone on big money. All this is likely to do is clutter the management structure and produce conflict - and pretty quickly too. As for bringing in Dave Richards - well, for once, words fail me.

The Thais have already established that they don't know a lot about football - I thought that they might be better on management structures.

The Thais have already established that they don't know a lot about football - I thought that they might be better on management structures.

Perhaps they're just easily fooled.

It's what I would expect of the football club to make an appointment with allegedly across the board management role - and then to claim the appointment makes no difference to the roles of neither the football manager nor the chief executive.

Yes its a brilliant idea to respond to the needs of the financial regulations to contain spending by appointing someone on big money. All this is likely to do is clutter the management structure and produce conflict - and pretty quickly too. As for bringing in Dave Richards - well, for once, words fail me.

It's possible the club could have him paid by the academy since his role is all encompassing, so the financial regulations wouldn't be an issue.

I suspect the appointment might be to do with the Thais getting bored and perhaps not wanting to travel so much, so he would be the mouth piece and advisor to them?

It's possible the club could have him paid by the academy since his role is all encompassing, so the financial regulations wouldn't be an issue.

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works.

I'm pretty sure that this will be included.

I'm also pretty sure that the financial regulations will be an issue. Based on 2011/12 numbers we need to reduce costs by £26m on a £20m revenue business. Simples.

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works.

I'm pretty sure that this will be included.

I'm also pretty sure that the financial regulations will be an issue. Based on 2011/12 numbers we need to reduce costs by £26m on a £20m revenue business. Simples.

Simple problem...difficult solution.

His wages plus the Thais £5m consultancy fee being scrapped/waived and their 8% interest on loans be cut to zero would help with FFP thus
- £5m consultancy
- £1.6m saved in interest
= £6.6m + the directors salary...

His wages plus the Thais £5m consultancy fee being scrapped/waived and their 8% interest on loans be cut to zero would help with FFP thus

Why on earth, in the name of baby Jebus, would they want to do that ???? :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670