Tesco Broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_B

Does anyone use them for their broadband? Is it reliable? They have an offer for £2.50 a month for the first year at the minute and Sky is so unreliable it is doing my head in.

Does anyone use them for their broadband? Is it reliable? They have an offer for £2.50 a month for the first year at the minute and Sky is so unreliable it is doing my head in.

Tesco Broadband is run by O2.

If your Sky broadband is unreliable because of the quality of the line, changing supplier is not going to help, unless you go to cable instead.

If your Sky broadband is unreliable because of the quality of the line, changing supplier is not going to help, unless you go to cable instead.

Exactly my first thought as well

Tesco Broadband is run by O2.

It was fine with Sky before I moved out 2 years ago, but since we moved back has been shite. I think it is the router but they refuse to change it. Whenever I start streaming anything heavyweight, tv on demand on xbox for instance, it starts to disconnect. They swear there is no data cap and I'm not breaching any FUL so they can't figure it out.

It was fine with Sky before I moved out 2 years ago, but since we moved back has been shite. I think it is the router but they refuse to change it. Whenever I start streaming anything heavyweight, tv on demand on xbox for instance, it starts to disconnect. They swear there is no data cap and I'm not breaching any FUL so they can't figure it out.

Have you tried replacing the router?

Have you tried replacing the router?

Nope, don't have a spare and don't really want to shell out for one. It stays connected fine for weeks on end, but as soon as I start streaming heavy content it gets flaky

Try TalkTalk, it worked for me after getting rid ok Sky

Well they helped me out loads, they said my broadband would be half price for a whole year at a cost of 3.25 a month, I mentioned to the sales person that there linerental was 1 or 2 quid dearer! He put me on hold whilst he spoke to his line manager and the outcome was free broadband for a whole year because the line rental was more. Anyway, after doing a speedtest on their web-site my download speed was sitting at 2.6 mbps but also said if not happy with the speed click on the Bright Sparks link to get an engineer out to your property to try and get a faster download speed, the cost of this is normally 50 quid but in this case again it was free. I booked my slot for the engineer to call round, he changed the cable from my router to the phone point, he also changed the face plate and my speed is now 4.8 mbpsand it sits at that speed all the time! I haven't looked back since!

It's not bad. The call centre in India is pretty useless but if they can't help you'll eventually get through to someone who knows what they're talking about.

That used to be the case, but they're getting rid of all the remaining UK based support staff.

If you want a decent connection, good speed and reliable then fibre optic is the only way to go really.

If you want a decent connection, good speed and reliable then fibre optic is the only way to go really.

Apart from the fact that none of that is actually true, what about price and availability?

Fibre Optic is due to be layed in 2098/99 for all of us for free !

Apart from the fact that none of that is actually true, what about price and availability?

So you have been using the same internet connection as me for the past 10 years or so? Also, I'd be quite confident in predicting that the majority of internet related problems on here with people on ADSL connections or whatever it is.

I've never had an issue with availabilty and currently paying about £35 per month for combined TV/Phone/Internet with 30Mbps connection which always speedchecks at pretty much that no matter how far away from an exchange I have ever been.

So you have been using the same internet connection as me for the past 10 years or so? Also, I'd be quite confident in predicting that the majority of internet related problems on here with people on ADSL connections or whatever it is.

I've never had an issue with availabilty and currently paying about £35 per month for combined TV/Phone/Internet with 30Mbps connection which always speedchecks at pretty much that no matter how far away from an exchange I have ever been.

I can't get it in my area.

So you have been using the same internet connection as me for the past 10 years or so?

Eh??? No, it wasn't me. Have you asked your neighbours? Maybe it was them. If you're using WiFi, be sure and set up some security on it.

I'd be quite confident in predicting that the majority of internet related problems on here with people on ADSL connections or whatever it is.

Having worked for two major ISPs and having used fibre optic myself for the past five years, I know for an absolute fact that they aren't without issue and I also know that it is perfectly possible to maintain a very fast and very reliable service over a copper wire POTS line.
So your original comment that the only way to do that is via fibre optic is just wrong.
Many people live in areas where it isn't available. Others live in areas where it is the only product available and have no competition between providers to choose from.
Just because you haven't experienced a problem and that it's available where you live, it doesn't necessarily follow that this would be the same for everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669