Tesco Broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I have no issues with any unwanted users using my connection, I just wondered where you got the fact that I have always had an unreliable service and never got the speeds I was expecting to get from seeing as I was supposedly talking bollocks in my original post?

I never said it was without issue. It is however, generally a lot more reliable as it uses a dedicated line and it is an advance in technology over copper wire and also, it doesn't matter how far from an exchange you are - that is fact.

I have never had issues in the 4 houses I have lived, this being in 2 different cities. Granted that was Leicester & Manchester so both major cities and I always lived close to the city centre but I wouldn't have thought there was anywhere where a BT phone line hasn't been installed but a cable line has been?

Be interesting to hear why BT are busy digging up most of Britain installing fibre optics everywhere if it is no improvement over what infrastructure they have already!?

No I have no issues with any unwanted users using my connection, I just wondered where you got the fact that I have always had an unreliable service and never got the speeds I was expecting to get from seeing as I was supposedly talking bollocks in my original post?

What on Earth are you talking about? I didn't say anything of the sort, not even close.
Maybe it's time to take a few deep breaths, compose yourself and go back and read what you actually posted, then reconsider what my reply to that was.

I just wondered where you got the fact that I have always had an unreliable service and never got the speeds I was expecting to get from seeing

He didn't say that.

Just because you've always had a good service doesn't mean it's the same for everyone.

Be interesting to hear why BT are busy digging up most of Britain installing fibre optics everywhere if it is no improvement over what infrastructure they have already!?

It will provide a faster and more reliable service for many people, particularly those who aren't close to the exchange. But copper wire can still provide a decent service. You said "fibre optic is the only way to go". It's not.

I never said it was without issue. It is however, generally a lot more reliable as it uses a dedicated line and it is an advance in technology over copper wire and also, it doesn't matter how far from an exchange you are - that is fact.

I have never had issues in the 4 houses I have lived, this being in 2 different cities. Granted that was Leicester & Manchester so both major cities and I always lived close to the city centre but I wouldn't have thought there was anywhere where a BT phone line hasn't been installed but a cable line has been?

Wow you really do prove yourself to be a bigger tosser with every post you make. I haven't been able to get cable at any of the past 5 properties I have had broadband in, yet all have had BT lines. My in-laws had Virgin cable and had nothing but problems including long periods of down time and very slow rates.

Well it wasn't just me but from friends and family and generally forums I browse and why I have always chosen fibre optics as I have always had the choice. 90% of times, people talking about internet problems be it dropouts or slower than advertised speeds have an ADSL connection, hence why BT are now installing fibre optics.

If you go back to my original post, I mentioned good speeds and reliabilty which is precisely what fibre optics gives you're average user. Yes I'm sure some have issue as with everything, nothing is ever perfect (and I do include myself in that) but I haven't got the time or inclination to go and survey everyone in the UK with regards to their internet.

Generally speaking, fibre optic is better.

No need for that OG, I was starting to possibly half sway towards your Pearson out camp after seeing the stats about Mills but it's definitely Pearson to stay now!

No need for that OG, I was starting to possibly half sway towards your Pearson out camp after seeing the stats about Mills but it's definitely Pearson to stay now!

Oi. I'm not TOF!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670