Thank you to the owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

atlantafox

With all the speculation of who we would and wouldn't sign on deadline day I think we should all be delighted with the result - could not have wished for better with all the other names thrown around.Let's not forget the owners here - how they have put their money where their mouth is they deserve the success of seeing us in the Premier League and have brought good times back to Leicester. We just all need to temper our enthusiasm as to how quickly this can happen with so many new players - let's shoot for the playoffs as a reasonable expectation. One more piece of the puzzle - let's get Tunch back to tighten up the defence !

With all the speculation of who we would and wouldn't sign on deadline day I think we should all be delighted with the result - could not have wished for better with all the other names thrown around.Let's not forget the owners here - how they have put their money where their mouth is they deserve the success of seeing us in the Premier League and have brought good times back to Leicester. We just all need to temper our enthusiasm as to how quickly this can happen with so many new players - let's shoot for the playoffs as a reasonable expectation. One more piece of the puzzle - let's get Tunch back to tighten up the defence !

Well said, Sir! :038: :038: :038:

I remember an article in which they laughed off the fact SGE had been given £10mil to spend at the start of the summer. I make it ~£12.25mil we ended up spending on transfer fees alone! And that's not counting Fernandes who I'm sure must have had a loan fee too!

I remember an article in which they laughed off the fact SGE had been given £10mil to spend at the start of the summer. I make it ~£12.25mil we ended up spending on transfer fees alone! And that's not counting Fernandes who I'm sure must have had a loan fee too!

I made it more like £14m... but even so, more than £10m. *realised my calculation of around 14 was counting Beckford as £4m.

Fantastic support from the owners. Let's hope Sven and the players repay their confidence.

Cheers Top :)

Last edited:
Well, yeah I made it £12.25million up front, but obviously the Peltier, Mills and Beckford deals all have add ons which would put it above £14mil. This is going on paper rumours of what the transfer fees actually were of course as most of them were officially undisclosed.

Last edited:
I think we owe them a massive show of support personally, purely and simply because of what the HAVE done, not what they MIGHT do in the future.

It's great to see them so enthusiastically backing the manager and at the same time raising our profile hugely.

Cheers Lads.

I'm going to go out and buy a new car, a foreign holiday and a shiny motorbike on credit and fully expect my wife to thank me once she gets home tonight - although the full extent of my spending shall remain undisclosed.

I anticipate that she will be very supportive when the credit is called in by the bank and they reposes our house.

Blah blah blah blah blah......

They've done everything right so far

Pretty impressive bunch, IMO

They've done everything right so far

Pretty impressive bunch, IMO

I agree, what more could they have done Maws?

If the answer to the above is nothing, i think they deserve some credit, don't you?

I would like to thank god as well. Just for life in general.

Although there's always the possibility that at any point I could be hit by a bus or fall down a wishing well, fishing hook aN electric pylon, eat a posionous mushroom, get stung to death by wasps or even choke on the noodles im eating right now.

Furthermore a natural disaster could kill us all so maybe I shouldn't thank him?

Last edited:
I'm going to go out and buy a new car, a foreign holiday and a shiny motorbike on credit and fully expect my wife to thank me once she gets home tonight - although the full extent of my spending shall remain undisclosed.

I anticipate that she will be very supportive when the credit is called in by the bank and they reposes our house.

The kind of stupid half witted response we have come to expect from you. The bit that surprises me is that you have a house to be repossessed.

They've lived up to their word so far and more, so in that respect you couldn't ask for any more. However the real test will come at the end of the season when we know which league we will be in for the following season. There's is always going to be this niggling doubt that if we don't go up, they will look to cut their losses. I would hope it's a long term project and if it doesn't happen right away they will still be around for atleast a few more years. As for now they have been great and let's hope they continue to do the best by the club and it's fans and hope that the good times are just around the corner!

They've lived up to their word so far and more, so in that respect you couldn't ask for any more. However the real test will come at the end of the season when we know which league we will be in for the following season. There's is always going to be this niggling doubt that if we don't go up, they will look to cut their losses. I would hope it's a long term project and if it doesn't happen right away they will still be around for atleast a few more years. As for now they have been great and let's hope they continue to do the best by the club and it's fans and hope that the good times are just around the corner!

I don't get it ? I thought we brought promotion?

Lovely stuff :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670