That's the wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siouxsie

I've just been past our local Woolies.

Talk about the vultures descending! They were queueing to get in early on and queueing all down the aisles to pay.

I feel a bit sad really, as if part of my childhood (pocket money pennies spent on pick and mix) has gone.

Last edited:

Talk about the vultures descending! They were queueing to get in early on and queueing all down the aisles to pay.

I feel a bit sad really, as if part of my childhood (pocket money pennies spent on pix and mix) has gone.

Agreed. The same experience is one of my fondest childhood memories.

I feel a bit sad really, as if part of my childhood (pocket money pennies spent on pick and mix) has gone.

As someone who used to work for Woolies (Woolco specifically) I feel really sad it has all come to this but not surprised. They lost their way years ago IMO.

As someone who used to work for Woolies (Woolco specifically) I feel really sad it has all come to this but not surprised. They lost their way years ago IMO.

I popped into their Deal store this morning. Still the same old tat, but about 10% cheaper despite the big 50% SALE notices all over the place - nothing that you can't get elsewhere. And who wants unwrapped sweets that have already been pawed over by countless snotty raggedyarses?

It's always sad when a batsman gets out for 99. It's always sad when somebody's gran passes on when the telegram from the Queen is in sight. But let's move on.

Still the same old tat, but about 10% cheaper despite the big 50% SALE notices all over the place

Yes I noticed it says "up to" in very small writing above the 50%.

I'll move on now. Sorry for disturbing you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669