The ‘player(s) I have just seen on telly and think we should sign’ thread

Just a small moment from yesterday... When Evans went down Youri went straight to Cags and put and arm around him and started coaching. Such an important player for us.
Youri’s captain material isn’t he - he was immediately inducted into the player-manager group in the changing room. What a club and a team we have here.

If i'm Rodgers, this is my shopping list
Soumare
Ings - all the other top 6 will be after Kane. We can nip in and get this guy who is capable of 20 goals in a good side if he stays fit.
Pereira (West Brom)
Bertrand (free - squad player to replace Fuchs)

Add Sowah and Dewsbury-Hall returning into the first team squad.

I think we might see Praet, Mendy, Ghezzal, Morgan, Fuchs, Choudhury go, so we will have 6 out 6 in.

Evans injury problems have shown that we need another CB in aswell

the net spend there is probably £50m so i don't think we can rule out 1 leaving off the list of Fofana, Ndidi, Maddison, Tielemans, Soyuncu. Although i would hate to see that happen.

If we don't get Champs League then we will definitely lose at least 1 of that list at least.

Luckily in a weird way - Barnes, Justin and Ricardo won't be going anywhere as each is on their way back to fitness....

In an ideal world, I'd be going for a striker, CB, LB, midfielder and creative winger.

Soumare + Edouard would be a great start. I'll be hoping we can add Robin Gosens too and that would represent a pretty damn good transfer window in itself. I too expect we'll go back in for Tarkowski given Evans recently injury troubles and the fact that Fuchs and Morgan will likely be departing this summer has pushed a CB up the priority list a bit...

IN: Soumare, Edouard, Gosens, Perreira

OUT: Morgan, Fuchs, Ghezzal, James, Hamza (possibly Mendy), Under

Those outgoings are on a decent wedge (about 10-12M a year in salary). And remember that we've already been able to dump Slimani and Gray wages.

I also think we should get a decent fee for Ghezzal who has done really well on loan.

If there was one to go, it is likely Maddison. He's a big earner and has a market. Ricardo the other choice, for me. It is interesting to note that Praet is on big wages too, it appears.

I think we will try and go again irrelevant of where we finish in the table though.

I’ve got a feeling we are going to end up signing Ings. Lots of talk of him moving onwards and to better things this season, and I can’t see an ESL top 6 side going for him, with the strikers that are currently in the market this summer. Brendan has signed him before, it wouldn’t be the worst option, wouldn’t cost too much.
Ings or Edouard?

I’ve got a feeling we are going to end up signing Ings. Lots of talk of him moving onwards and to better things this season, and I can’t see an ESL top 6 side going for him, with the strikers that are currently in the market this summer. Brendan has signed him before, it wouldn’t be the worst option, wouldn’t cost too much.
Ings or Edouard?

Ings is a great player, but his injury record and age just don't fit our profile historically. He would be, essentially, a "cost" rather than an investment.

He'd be brilliant in this side though.

Ghezzal has 17 assists and 8 goals in 31 games. ****ing hell!

He's scored in basically every game since April, including his last 3.

I wonder if Rodgers fancies another look at him....

If i'm Rodgers, this is my shopping list
Soumare
Ings - all the other top 6 will be after Kane. We can nip in and get this guy who is capable of 20 goals in a good side if he stays fit.
Pereira (West Brom)
Bertrand (free - squad player to replace Fuchs)

Add Sowah and Dewsbury-Hall returning into the first team squad.

I think we might see Praet, Mendy, Ghezzal, Morgan, Fuchs, Choudhury go, so we will have 6 out 6 in.

Evans injury problems have shown that we need another CB in aswell

the net spend there is probably £50m so i don't think we can rule out 1 leaving off the list of Fofana, Ndidi, Maddison, Tielemans, Soyuncu. Although i would hate to see that happen.

If we don't get Champs League then we will definitely lose at least 1 of that list at least.

Luckily in a weird way - Barnes, Justin and Ricardo won't be going anywhere as each is on their way back to fitness....
I’d hope we’re aiming a bit higher than that.

I wouldn’t be sad to see us let Praet and Perez go. The occasional good game but mostly disappointing.

I’d hope we’re aiming a bit higher than that.

Swap Ings for Eduoard and that's very likely our summer shopping list.

+ Gosens, but maybe minus Matheus Pereira. I suspect we will go for him though.

If you think that's aiming too low, then you're probably in for a disappointing summer

Swap Ings for Eduoard and that's very likely our summer shopping list.

+ Gosens, but maybe minus Matheus Pereira. I suspect we will go for him though.

If you think that's aiming too low, then you're probably in for a disappointing summer
So you largely agree with me then? Your foursome looks a lot more like what I'd hope we'd be aiming for. You've changed 50% of the players suggested.

"Aiming for" doesn't always equal "get", I appreciate.

There's your problem. He never is. He's on his way out and not worth the money in my opinion

If I’m Rodgers this is my shopping list

1 litre White Lightning
20 Marlboro Lights
1 large box Celebrations
1 large Pot Noodle
1 large box man-size tissues

Perfect evening ahead, big man

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389