The absent midfielders

Status
Not open for further replies.
GW showed what he can do against spurs he looked a quality player, and played the balls through from midfield that we have been lacking all season.

Hammil should be shot if he ever thinks about putting his boots on again, he is truely useless, he showed it on his debut and against spurs when he was taken off after 30 minutes.

Kisnorbo is the worst player i have seen play in my life.

IMO he should have stayed as close as possible to the team that played against spurs.

Fryatt must now be thinking if merson will sign him back if they go up and we go down.

Hopefully Weslowski can get back to the level he showed against Celtic and..er...Kettering because that's just what we need. Otherwise Stearman might make a good holding midfielder - he's got pace, tackling ability, and can pass the ball effectively. But neither scenario is likely under Levein as hge can't recognise Kisnorbo has neither the pace nor ability for the job.

CL must be so blinkered its untrue. Everyone can see how limited a player Kisnorbo is, but CL continues to believe in him. He is definitely up there with the Junior Lewis's of this world and it won't be long before he is continually booed by our fans i think. (although i don't agree with this personally)

leicester_til_i_die said:
IMO he should have stayed as close as possible to the team that played against spurs.

What are you talking about? Have you not been listening?

The goalkeeper was the same one who played against Spurs.
The back four were the same four who played against Spurs.
The front two were the same two who played against Spurs (after the subb ing of Hamill early in the game)
Only the midfield was different in that Joey Gudjonsson and Ryan King did not play on Saturday. They were suspended - that means that they could not play!!

In other words, he did stay as close as possible to the team that played against Spurs - it was the players who did not perform as they did against Spurs.

bocadillo said:
Only the midfield was different in that Joey Gudjonsson and Ryan King did not play on Saturday. They were suspended - that means that they could not play!!

In other words, he did stay as close as possible to the team that played against Spurs - it was the players who did not perform as they did against Spurs.

I assume you mean Ryan Smith!

Anyway the two players who came into the team were playing in ther 'correct' position (although it could be argued that their ability is more suited to a position in an entirely different industry :icon_roll ).
To not include those players in the team would have meant playing players in the 'wrong' position, because we had no other left wingers or defensive midfielders available. So whatever the manager had done he'd have had people complaining about the team selection.

I've also seen a lot of complaints that the manager is always changing his team (although a lot of the changes are forced due to suspensions and injuries), and the same people then saying someone should be dropped after one bad game. You can't have it both ways!

webmaster said:
I assume you mean Ryan Smith!

I do. Who the f*ck is Ryan King?

webmaster said:
I've also seen a lot of complaints that the manager is always changing his team and the same people then saying someone should be dropped after one bad game. You can't have it both ways!

Not unless you go on one bus one day and then on the other bus the next!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669