The Angry Ant

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverFox

David Connolly had a bit of a reputation before he joined us for being an 'angry ant', not getting on with managers, demanding quality balls from his team mates...but he doesn't seem to have that at Leicester.

So my question is, would you rather have the angry ant who scored the goals. Or the mellow chilled out DC who has impressed, but not scored many.

I have seen DC play for my native land many times and believe he can do it...I think he just lacks a bit of belief in himself at the moment.

Lets see the demanding DC again! Angry Ant anyone? :twisted:

ScarboroughFox said:
i think he will become a leicester legend.but for what reasons im not sure yet!

I hope you are right scarb! Just think he needs his cutting edge back. At least when he had a bit of arrogance it showed he believed in himself.

I wear his name on the back of my shirt with pride because I'm convinced he will come through it!

Go on DC...bag us a brace tomorrow!

I think the thing is with the club at the moment is with so many new faces its difficult to fit in. Oviously there will be freindship groups at a football club - however with so many new players coming this year those group may not of developed, so instead of Conerlley being able to attach himself to one of those groups and feel like 'one of the team' he may well only just be getting to know the players and therefore have less confidence to go mental at his team mates - because he is not well established enough with them.

Hope that makes some sense :?

I think whatever happens, whatever excuses or genuine factors about DC, the only way he can answer his critics is by scoring goals. He is a striker allegedly...

SilverFox said:
ScarboroughFox said:
i think he will become a leicester legend.but for what reasons im not sure yet!

I hope you are right scarb! Just think he needs his cutting edge back. At least when he had a bit of arrogance it showed he believed in himself.

I wear his name on the back of my shirt with pride because I'm convinced he will come through it!

Go on DC...bag us a brace tomorrow!

Why dont you go that one step further and say a hatrick, go on i wont mind.

Fox Fan said:
I think the thing is with the club at the moment is with so many new faces its difficult to fit in. Oviously there will be freindship groups at a football club - however with so many new players coming this year those group may not of developed, so instead of Conerlley being able to attach himself to one of those groups and feel like 'one of the team' he may well only just be getting to know the players and therefore have less confidence to go mental at his team mates - because he is not well established enough with them.

That is one very good post! I totally agree with you there Fox Fan. He'll get 1 or 2 today I HOPE! COME ON DC!

Foxes 4 Eva said:
Fox Fan said:

That is one very good post! I totally agree with you there Fox Fan. He'll get 1 or 2 today I HOPE! COME ON DC!

Well not really he has been here a fair few months now, and as a professional then he has the responsibly to 'have a go at his team mates

Three problems with DC:
1) He does not loss his markers so if and when he recieves a ball he has to content with one or two defenders
2) He wastes to much time trying to control the ball and misses to many first time opportunities
3) Initially he gave 100% and chased down every ball, he is starting to back off, so I think he is getting disheartened and lossing confidence

IMO a lot of the problems lie with the fact that Connolly so far has not had a decent partner to play with.

Every time I see us play,I notice that the team we play clearly identify Connolly as the danger man, so they tend to mark him very tightly and close him down quickly thus denying him time and space. And as we dont have a decent second striker they are not capatilising on the space or opportunity created by this tactic.

But in the last 25 minutes of the Blackpool game I noticed that once De Vries came on the Blackpool defenders had 2 strikers to deal with and Connolly started to see more of the ball and also seemed to find more space in dangerous areas and he started to look a real goal threat.

I am hopeful that with the signing of De Vries that this will finally give us a potent strike force that can feed off each other and can be a real handful for defences, may also allow Williams et al to get in the box and start scoring a few from midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669